McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
keep posting :lmao:
I will....I am enjoying the tortuing you are enduring so stubbornly and foolishly ...and I will enjoy when you all your meaningless efforts have come to crash....and its funny you think any member of media anywhere would still be looking at this thread and you feeling that we are keeping rico hopes alive. you are alone....no one cares for you or anything you have to say.... you are my amusement at this point

pansophy

Reaction score
I actually applaud them for this.

He has his flaws for sure but he has a skill set none of the other TEs have.
Not questioning this specific decision, but we haven't won a super bowl in a long time in part because our roster has been filled with guys who didn't fulfill on their physical potential, whether that is for mental health, off field issues, chronic injuries, or just never getting past being a raw talent.

We got to the playoffs when Parcells came because he started picking players based on some certainty on what we will get. Jones made a fortune being comfortable with uncertainty, but it's not a reliable way to build our football team.

I'd like to see us make these bets more selectively. That said I like Gathers. He has the size to block, the question is whether he will work at it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I will....I am enjoying the tortuing you are enduring so stubbornly and foolishly ...and I will enjoy when you all your meaningless efforts have come to crash....and its funny you think any member of media anywhere would still be looking at this thread and you feeling that we are keeping rico hopes alive. you are alone....no one cares for you or anything you have to say.... you are my amusement at this point
mutually beneficial arrangement

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ok dude. Put your nose in the playbook and ask for help from the monsters up front. And call Witten. Get all the help you can get.

If and I mean if he got his assignments fully learned and blocking good. He could always be open and has yak ability through the ceiling. Make it happen and get that contract. Rap during the offseason. Live the life bro. I would love to have that opportunity. Could you imagine wearing the star? Not just the money and the fame. Well ok the money and the fame.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Fair enough. His playmaking in limited opportunity hasn't impressed you.

What about Swaim, Jarwin, and Schultz then? Please don't tell me you're impressed by them.

Rico has looked as good as all 3 of them and all 3 have had every opportunity in the world to impress but they are just jags and do jag things.

Swaim is the solid yet unimpressive TE nearly every team has. I'm ok with him. Ideally he's not your best TE. Jarwin - maybe he has fans because the Eagles were ready to sign him last year. I don't see anything at all. If Schultz were a 6th round or lower draft pick, there would be no debate here. Rico while showing improvement, ideally is a player on a roster buried behind established players, so there's no immediate expectation of him needing to contribute.

I'd scour the waiver wire for 1-2 TEs...

bud914

Reaction score
mods for the love of God....please....

maxresdefault.jpg

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
The way I see it - Swaim Jarwin and Shultz are the same exact player...whats their ceiling? Being JAGs........we dont need 3 JAGs

At least Rico can become a situational threat.