McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what's it matter if they cut tumor head? you can still wear his jersey if they even made one.. lol we didn't win anything with a HOF TE. what's so special about glass jaw.. sheezz

waldoputty

Reaction score
no...rico was not unstoppable..... one comment is not the final decision on anything...that's your failure to understand...he made a comment at the time based on information he had and what he had seen...since then Rico has proven he is not unstoppable because he never improved his craft and others figured him out...not sure why that concept is so difficult for you to understand and you keep going back to a single statement that's two years old and has zero relevance to what we know today

not 1 comment.
interview from mcclay
and comments from broaddus on top of it
unstoppable = talent, which swaim and schultz lacks abundance of.
talent does not go away unless there is an injury
statements were in 2017 before camp, not august 2016
keep twisting the facts

waldoputty

Reaction score
what's it matter if they cut tumor head? you can still wear his jersey if they even made one.. lol we didn't win anything with a HOF TE. what's so special about glass jaw.. sheezz
mcclay's words, not mine
handling uncertainty takes training and not for everyone

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
i did not create the mcclay quotes, but just re-reported it.
what was said in 2017 is totally logically inconsistent with what is happening now.
furthermore, rico makes plays when given opportunities.

if we all agree rico has amazing pass catching, they should have taken him off ir when he recovered.
instead he most of lost a season of reps.

You made a post that SCREAMED "PAY ME ALL THE ATTENTION".
What they feel about Rico was shown when he was IR'd then listed 4th on the depth chart behind fairly pedestrian TEs.
They did not trust him in the offense they are now running which is a difference offense than May 2017.

You took one quote out of context to push a fairly meaningless agenda.
There are positive quotes about virtually every NFL player. It doesn't mean they will make the team.

What the Cowboys have shown us by taking actual actions with Rico is what matters.
And since May 2017 he has been IR'd then placed at 4th on the depth chart and given that role as 4th TE in pre-season games.

The entire post is a big logical fallacy and well outright lie.
This is not good news for Rico fans.
This is meaningless drivel meant to get you badly desired attention.

erod

Reaction score
fade to rico is an option where he has the most advantage
he can run other routes as seen in highlights
in fact most of the preseason catches are not jump-balls
They're not against NFL players either.

I think the tight ends will consist of Swaim, Jarwin, and somebody that isn't here yet.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so Mcclay is the all seeing knowing guy.. who picked the bad players that suck... 'Jerry"?

waldoputty

Reaction score
You made a post that SCREAMED "PAY ME ALL THE ATTENTION".
What they feel about Rico was shown when he was IR'd then listed 4th on the depth chart behind fairly pedestrian TEs.
They did not trust him in the offense they are now running which is a difference offense than May 2017.

You took one quote out of context to push a fairly meaningless agenda.
There are positive quotes about virtually every NFL player. It doesn't mean they will make the team.

What the Cowboys have shown us by taking actual actions with Rico is what matters.
And since May 2017 he has been IR'd then placed at 4th on the depth chart and given that role as 4th TE in pre-season games.

The entire post is a big logical fallacy and well outright lie.
This is not good news for Rico fans.
This is meaningless drivel meant to get you badly desired attention.

not one quote
a mcclay interview and comments from broaddus.

please feel free to find another mcclay quote about another player being unstoppable

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so if he's picking nothing but keepers, why haven't we won at least a playoff game.. lmao... so mcclay is god now....

waldoputty

Reaction score
They're not against NFL players either.

I think the tight ends will consist of Swaim, Jarwin, and somebody that isn't here yet.

ah the video shows practice against b jones, church and heath
they looked like boys among men

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
During DallasCowboys.Com Cowboys Break, Steve Eatman asked Will McClay about Rico Gathers and everything sounds very promising. McClay even went on to say, “We can’t stop him”. And Rico/Romo were going against 1st teamers in byron jones, church and heath.

So his passcatching was called "unstoppable" against 1st teamers, but yet there are people who claim Rico is nothing special? That was in 2017, so people seriously now think he 'forgot' how to be unstoppable???

https://thesportsdaily.com/2017/05/03/will-mcclay-on-rico-gathers-we-cant-stop-him/

furthermore, Broaddus said during an episode of The Draft Show this week. “I will say this. I had people come up to me and say, cause I was always curious about Rico [Gathers], I had people come up to me and say ‘You ought-of seen what [Tony] Romo did with him today, ... Cause Romo was with him on scout team. And Romo just kept throwing him the ball because he was so much bigger. He was battling [Barry] Church, he’s battling [Byron] Jones, he’s battling [J.J.] Wilcox and [Jeff] Heath. The kid just kept making plays. The problem is not the athletic ability, it’s the mental side…he just hasn’t played football”

here is a video of a Mcclay gushing about Rico.

DBs are at a disadvantage in most practice snaps.

As I've told you before, MartyB was unstoppable in practice when he was here but the games were a different story.

MB was the same size but faster than Rico.

I would like to see Rico make the team and have success but real games are drastically different than practice for many reasons.

As I asked before, why hasn't MartyB been All-Pro every year? What can Rico do that MartyB couldn't do?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
not one quote
a mcclay interview and comments from broaddus.

please feel free to find another mcclay quote about another player being unstoppable
Old news. Try using something relevant to the times.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
DBs are at a disadvantage in most practice snaps.

As I've told you before, MartyB was unstoppable in practice when he was here but the games were a different story.

MB was the same size but faster than Rico.

I would like to see Rico make the team and have success but real games are drastically different than practice for many reasons.

As I asked before, why hasn't MartyB been All-Pro every year? What can Rico do that MartyB couldn't do?
You won't get a direct answer.