Twitter: McClay on the Texans radar for new GM?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That’s fine. You’d have the GM title with the Texans. At least you’d get the credit you deserve.

You'd also get the blame anytime things go awry. There's two sides to that situation. He enjoys built-in job security with Dallas.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That’s fine. You’d have the GM title with the Texans. At least you’d get the credit you deserve.
Not necessarily, just because you got put to the curb by JJ doesn't mean you get the job in Houston. There are other candidates for the job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You'd also get the blame anytime things go awry. There's two sides to that situation. He enjoys built-in job security with Dallas.
Do we really know what he enjoys? As a human being you want credit for what you do. Everything he does well it goes to the credit of Stephen and Jerry. He may not care. I haven’t heard him speak about it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not necessarily, just because you got put to the curb by JJ doesn't mean you get the job in Houston. There are other candidates for the job.
Well that’s contingent on if he has the job in Houston. If Houston tells me they want me and want me to sign I give the Cowboys a chance to match. McClay won’t be out of work for long you better believe that. Cowboys need him not the other way around.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Do we really know what he enjoys? As a human being you want credit for what you do. Everything he does well it goes to the credit of Stephen and Jerry. He may not care. I haven’t heard him speak about it.

I've heard him speak about it and he's perfectly content and doesn't care at his last revelations. Has that changed? I doubt it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well that’s contingent on if he has the job in Houston. If Houston tells me they want me and want me to sign I give the Cowboys a chance to match. McClay won’t be out of work for long you better believe that. Cowboys need him not the other way around.

Houston wouldn't be clamoring for his services if they weren't in need of McClay's services.

Let's not assume things have changed. The C-boys are doing well with him and vice-versa.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mr. Jerry Jones doesn't need anyone that attempts to dictate terms to him, get that through your head. Will McClay is in an ideal situation as he has described it himself. He's not going anywhere and certainly not adopting your disrespectful attitude toward anyone in the Jones Family.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Houston wouldn't be clamoring for his services if they weren't in need of McClay's services.

Let's not assume things have changed. The C-boys are doing well with him and vice-versa.
I’d rather have the GM title and get credit for my work.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mr. Jerry Jones doesn't need anyone that attempts to dictate terms to him, get that through your head. Will McClay is in an ideal situation as he has described it himself. He's not going anywhere and certainly not adopting your disrespectful attitude toward anyone in the Jones Family.
So you wanting to be your own man and create your own legacy means you are being disrespectful? Jerry doesn’t own anyone. You’re easy to control I see.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JOE DOUGLAS
G, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero suggests the Texans could have interest in Eagles VP of player personnel Joe Douglas for their GM vacancy.
Douglas is the current frontrunner to replace Mike Maccagnan in New York. The Texans requested to interview him before hiring Brian Gaine, so it's likely they still have interest. In addition to Douglas, Houston was also linked to Cowboys assistant director of personnel Will McClay, and Patriots execs Nick Caserio and Monti Ossenfort last season.

RELATED: Houston Texans
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Jun 7, 2019, 6:02 PM ET

Better job security in Dallas.

The pay is probably the same.

Techsass

Reaction score
He's been a part of the Cowboys organization forever practically. I think that his career with JJ is more than just a job to him & he has a certain sense of loyalty.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you wanting to be your own man and create your own legacy means you are being disrespectful? Jerry doesn’t own anyone. You’re easy to control I see.
That's not what I said. Before Jerry got his hands on Will McClay, he was in no position to ever hope to be where he is right now. There is nothing wrong with loyalty for what one man does for another. McClay is loyal to Jerry because he is grateful for all that he has done for him. You don't seem to get that which is why you'll never understand about the "ties that bind". Instead, you advocate disrespect by proclaiming ultimatums. Jerry is the owner and your wish for the contrary will never make it so. This is a reality with the Dallas Cowboys.

You wish I was easy to control but if that were true, I would never have been allowed to lay this dose of reality on you, grasshopper.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You know him personally to know how he feels? Guess I can’t argue against that.

I don't need to know McClay personally to know how he feels. He went public with his feelings last year after he declined Houston's offer. He didn't hold back in any way, shape or form in expressing how happy he was with the Cowboys. He's on good terms with both Jerry and Stephen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’d rather have the GM title and get credit for my work.
McClay didn't care about it last year when he declined Houston's offer -- isn't that obvious? You're not McClay. Just because having the GM title means something to you doesn't mean it's important to him. McClay gets plenty of credit, with or without the GM title. With Jerry there to take the heat if things go awry, he's also in an excellent position to avoid getting the blame for player acquisition miscues. Do you really believe that level of job security isn't important to McClay? He's got an ideal situation with Dallas and has gone public with his feelings about it several times. I doubt that's changed.

Last edited:

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I heard John McClain and he said it will definitely be someone with Pats ties I don’t think McClay does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
McClay didn't care about it last year when he declined Houston's offer -- isn't that obvious? You're not McClay. Just because having the GM title means something to you doesn't mean it's important to him. McClay gets plenty of credit, with or without the GM title. With Jerry there to take the heat if things go awry, he's also in an excellent position to avoid getting the blame for player acquisition miscues. Do you really believe that level of job security isn't important to McClay? He's got an ideal situation with Dallas and has gone public with his feelings about it several times. I doubt that's changed.
I never said I was McClay and neither are you so why are you speaking for how he feels? I’ve stated he may be content with his role. Neither one of us knows. I personally have a hard time believing someone wouldn’t want the GM title. Especially someone of color because you can count on one hand how many guys get that type of job. He’d be making history having that title. It’s much bigger than just a title.