Twitter: McClay on the Texans radar for new GM?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't need to know McClay personally to know how he feels. He went public with his feelings last year after he declined Houston's offer. He didn't hold back in any way, shape or form in expressing how happy he was with the Cowboys. He's on good terms with both Jerry and Stephen.
Guys go public all the time. Jerry does it all the time and I don’t believe none of the crap that comes out of his mouth. Public statements are done to satisfy fans. You don’t get true statements until they leave that organization.

I’m not speaking for McClay. He may like his role. My stance is we don’t know and if he wants that GM title he deserves? He should get it.

Pants

Reaction score
I guessing this is a reason McClay would have min interest for this job. Could possibly be a job with no teeth.....

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports Gaine’s relationship with O’Brien had eroded.

John McClain????

Houston:
tumblr_o0ybi5bHI71u2ragso7_500.gif

Dallas:
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1ciJ3EjB0gmTRpM6EaO-KyCbz5kVzHzBJR0K7aamrx_w3cThK

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Guys go public all the time. Jerry does it all the time and I don’t believe none of the crap that comes out of his mouth. Public statements are done to satisfy fans. You don’t get true statements until they leave that organization.

I’m not speaking for McClay. He may like his role. My stance is we don’t know and if he wants that GM title he deserves? He should get it.

Suit yourself, friend. We'll eventually see McClay's response to Houston's attempts to hire him. It just seems odd to think as a Cowboys fan that you might actually want to see him leave for Houston. Hey, if that's what it takes to satisfy your highly generous sense of justice, good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Beaker42

Reaction score
I wonder what it would look like if the 50 of the most active posters got together in a single, nice bar...
I know what I would do, and it ain't order you fine people drinks.
Ha!
It’d go downhill real quick. Maybe not in a violent manner but downhill nonetheless LOL.

Verdict

Reaction score
Damn... that would suck!
No... I wouldn't let that happen. I have too much fun at bars. You have no choice.

Yeah. Phones can get you into all sorts of trouble. Like the time my phone kept advertising “Asian Date” when I was on the Cowboys website. Most unusual!

Verdict

Reaction score
I believe McClay declined to interview last time. Houston is going through GMs like Jerry goes through bottles of Johnny Walker. I’m guessing that O’Brien is about as easy to work with as Parcells. He will demand one of his buddies. In the end such spoiled child behavior usually ends up in a bunch of pink slips. Not sure how McClay would want to wade into that pool of pee.

I think the technical term is urine. Why did they call Galloway “Grandpa Urine”?

jrumann59

Reaction score
That Texans team is a nice gig. If I'm McClay I'd make them give me that GM title or I'm going to Houston to get it.
It depends, does McClay want the GM role and everything that comes along with it. From the interviews this year he provides input but does not necessarily make the final decision. not knowing what he gets paid right now to what a GM gets paid does the risk out weigh the reward. AS traditional GM pretty much the he is the top of the food chain.

cern

Reaction score
Houston is more prone to flooding and hurricanes than the dfw area.

cern

Reaction score
mcclay and Stephen work together extremely well. a major change is coming for both, sooner rather than later. mcclay will be Stephen's gm.