Twitter: McClay to remain with Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think this is as big of a problem as people make it out to be. If you look at the all pro list, there aren't a ton of players acquired by free agency. Free agency is frequently a wash out league wide. There are a few names acquired via trade, like Hill and McCaffrey but they were acquired with a boatload of picks.

The Jones boys really aren't wrong that free agency is a sucker's bet. Realistically, its not fair to the players. The NFL is a young man's game and a lot of your best years are spent on your rookie deal. The Cowboys figured this out after a decade or two.

Every team has the same payroll. The team that wins is the one that spends it the most wisely. Free agency is not conducive to that.
Just simply pointing out that one of the reasons we have had so many homegrown players on our team is that our front office doesn't bring in outside FAs unless they are cheap.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not surprised ......... this is perfect for a front office guy ........ gets all the credit for the good and none for the bad.

Qcard

Reaction score
Where is you little juvenile disclaimer...

Dak haters are....(fill in the blanks).
It would have been a double entendre!!...and "Trick Loves the Kids" :laugh:

Dak Haters are in over their heads....stand up dummies!!:lmao2::lmao2:

Proof

Reaction score
I meant as head coach, but I suppose when he was leading the Cowboys offense to top 5 finishes as the OC and getting job offers for HC from multiple teams does count also.
oh right. but i mean how often does a hc just leave for another hc gig?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
oh right. but i mean how often does a hc just leave for another hc gig?

I agree but I was mainly pointing out that Will has legit offers to get a promotion in this league and is saying no to them. I think Garrett understood that he was on path to become the head coach of the biggest sports team in the world. There is no guarantee that McClay ever goes higher then he is now as a member of the Cowboys.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
He's getting all the benefit of being an NFL GM in Dallas (including the money) without all the pressure and scrutiny that comes with it. Everyone knows he's the architect of the personnel, so he gets the credit for that also. Obviously other owners think very highly of him, or the Cowboys wouldn't be getting requests to talk to him. So, he gets the respect, the money and much of the power and influence he would get in other places, but without the same headaches and risk. What's not to like about staying with the Cowboys. It wouldn't shock me to see him enshrined in the Ring of Honor one day, if he keeps up the good work.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I strongly suspected this would happen but it's great to have it confirmed. Will is our Defacto GM.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Listen ppl can talk about some of the misses… but there is def more hits.
Our entire roster is built from draft classes….oh and by the way the guy can build an oline. I can think of 25 other teams that want that.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Just say you want to kiss Jerry Jones on the mouth and get it over with.

No, just like making fun of people who spend there entire existence on hating him on a sports forum of a team they can't stand. Instead of feeling sorry for those people anymore I just poke fun at them. No help for yo..I mean them.

He laughs all the way to the bank at all of you.

JayFord

Reaction score
yessir!!! that man knows how to bring in talent be it udfa, late round pics, first rounds the man is amazing!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The grass is not always greener. He must be very happy where he is in his life work balance.