McDowell Meeting Goes Well Deal Will Be Pending Medical Information

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better than Jaylon...he can actually run. However, you need to protect his eyes and head which is where the ATV accident trauma occurred. With the NFL concussion fiasco, many teams don't won't the liability and risk.

But you know Jerry Jones...cheap, unavailable and unreliable is his pro personnel philosophy. Gamble for greatness.

You don't think Jaylon Smith can run? Speed is one of his biggest assets.

Sydla

Reaction score
You don't think Jaylon Smith can run? Speed is one of his biggest assets.

My guess is he means at the time of acquisition, Smith couldn't run because of his knee injury whereas right now, if you picked up McDowell he could actually physically run right now.

At least that's how I thought it read.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess is he means at the time of acquisition, Smith couldn't run because of his knee injury whereas right now, if you picked up McDowell he could actually physically run right now.

At least that's how I thought it read.
You’re probably right.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That would be very disappointing. The lack of news on Quinn has me feeling like he's slipping away.
If he goes to meeting with the saints then he will be gone. We aren’t going to give up much. We aren’t going to make a big splash. The FO feels that us making the 2nd round of playoffs last year with a banged up O-Line will be just as good this year.

CWR

Reaction score
If he goes to meeting with the saints then he will be gone. We aren’t going to give up much. We aren’t going to make a big splash. The FO feels that us making the 2nd round of playoffs last year with a banged up O-Line will be just as good this year.

I don't think that's the case with the front office. I think they are concerned with guys like Julio ect getting huge contracts and figuring out how they will retain the plethora of guys we already have.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think that's the case with the front office. I think they are concerned with guys like Julio ect getting huge contracts and figuring out how they will retain the plethora of guys we already have.
Sign what you can before a new market high is set. D-Law and Cooper. Next year Dak and maybe Elliot or 5th year option for him. Not sure about Byron. Depends on how our young CB do this year. We may draft one. Will let us know what they are thinking during draft. But they need to be working dayband night on D-Law. He needs to fix his shoulder.

Reactions: CWR

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We need this signing, Gregory put us here, and this signing would at least maybe neutralize Gregorys eviction.
He played both inside and out prior to his injury,, adding a healthy McDowell might take the sting off of the Gregory loss.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We need this signing, Gregory put us here, and this signing would at least maybe neutralize Gregorys eviction.
He played both inside and out prior to his injury,, adding a healthy McDowell might take the sting off of the Gregory loss.
McDowell would be a 3 tech DT in Cowboys scheme. Could probably play the 1 tech as well.