Video: McFarland - Dak Prescott is the most disrespected quarterback in the NFL

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I know what I wrote, which is why I asked because he clearly doesn't deserve respect at this point as he hasn't done anything to earn it.

Unless taking an insane amount of sacks and getting back up every time, having one of the best rookie QB seasons of all time, leading his team to the playoffs in two of his first three years, and winning a playoff game for a team that has only done that three times since 1996 isn't enough for respect.

Other than that he really hasn't done ANYTHING, you're right. .

Blake

Reaction score
Poor Dak seems now time is NOT on his side......and in 20 all he has to do is prove is all us doubters wrong and be in the money........can he.....hold your cash you might wanna bet that Jimmy Hoffa's body is found! lol

You write like you only have an 8th grade education. You're not qualified to speak on these matters.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Here's hoping Dak elevates himself this year and his team along with him in the process! Seems like it was OK for Romo to take six years to develop but God forbid that Dak should enjoy the same luxury. What's wrong with this picture? Let's face it -- we just aren't entitled to instant gratification. ;)
As for the six years, we really can't judge a quarterback until he gets on the field. So it's not really fair to compare Romo, who sat on the bench for six years, with Dak.
Dak started Day 1. Good for him. But by doing so, he's open to a different level of criticism than the backup quarterback.
It's just like elevating a quarterback based on Super Bowl wins. It's not fair, but that's the way it is. Shrug.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Poor Dak seems now time is NOT on his side......and in 20 all he has to do is prove is all us doubters wrong and be in the money........can he.....hold your cash you might wanna bet that Jimmy Hoffa's body is found! lol
:laugh:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Prescott won behind a bad OL (not best in football, no Frederick). And won despite having Linehand, whose plays defenses knew what was being called before the snap.

Which games are you talking about?

The first 8 in 2018 or the first 6 in 2017 ?

Patrick

Reaction score
Don't think I will ever understand the argument that Wentz is better than Dak because of the 11-2 season he had.

So you're telling me Wentz was great the one year the team won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles leading the way? Hmm, seems more like a team/coaching thing than a QB thing.

If Dak did that and Foles led us to a SB, Dak would be lambasted as a bus driver, not Wentz though, he was the reason they won the Superbowl... despite never touching the field...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak has the opportunity to earn the respect. I believe in the guy but respect is earned on the field and he can do that by putting up a great season and leading this team into post season once again.

Dak has the most wins since 2016 behind Brady. But obviously Wentz always getting injured and choking in 4th quarters gets the respect. Dak needs to lose more games like Wentz does.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Prescott won behind a bad OL (not best in football, no Frederick). And won despite having Linehand, whose plays defenses knew what was being called before the snap.
The same OL Zeke led the league in rushing while he was on the field? The same OL that has allowed Dak to average the same time to throw 3 years straight and all 3 times are top 10 in the league?

Tim Tebow played well when it mattered most too, he was just a tad limited in his abilities and was even more disrespected. Our offense has the potential to simply dominate, I feel QB is a big (not only) reason why it can't. We're limiting ourselves as key and peele would say.

davidariust24

Reaction score

I don't think he is disrespected but he is being questioned. There is nothing wrong with that. He hasn't shown much to be paid 30 million. That is a lot for a qb who throws in the low 20s in TDs and under 4000 yards.

He needs to show that his accuracy has improved in camp. If it has he , he will and should be paid. We need to see the A.C. (After Cooper) Dak Prescott, and not the B.C. if he plays like he did after Cooper arrived, he is paid

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Why do the Dak obsessors not understand the team game? It's almost universal (there are a few exceptions I am aware of).

By and large they hold to the idiotic notion of QBs winning and not teams.

Does the media Wentz obsessors understand the team game? Foles & the Eagles defense got their 1st superbowl, not Wentz. But he's treated as he did it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The same OL Zeke led the league in rushing while he was on the field? The same OL that has allowed Dak to average the same time to throw 3 years straight and all 3 times are top 10 in the league?

Excellent run blocking OL, not pass blocking. Last year Dak was sacked 56 times.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He also won without Elliott. If it wasn't for Dak Prescott Dez Bryant or Jason Witten would never have caught a playoff touchdown catch. He's so disrespected

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't think he is disrespected but he is being questioned. There is nothing wrong with that. He hasn't shown much to be paid 30 million. That is a lot for a qb who throws in the low 20s in TDs and under 4000 yards.

He needs to show that his accuracy has improved in camp. If it has he , he will and should be paid. We need to see the A.C. (After Cooper) Dak Prescott, and not the B.C. if he plays like he did after Cooper arrived, he is paid

More than what an always injured Wentz has shown, who got his money. Dak was 70% accuracy with Cooper. What more does he need to show? Throw more int's like Romo early in his career?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has the opportunity to earn the respect. I believe in the guy but respect is earned on the field and he can do that by putting up a great season and leading this team into post season once again.
I believe it was against the Falcons turn heads over heels for a touchdown in the end zone. That's when he took over as leader of this team in my opinion. He's already here in my respect. Quarterback built like a linebacker and he's not afraid to show it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does the media Wentz obsessors understand the team game? Foles & the Eagles defense got their 1st superbowl, not Wentz. But he's treated as he did it.
I'm not even going to give Nick Foles credit for that Super Bowl. He always played with a short field if it wasn't for Eagles special teams and running game. Nick Foles I followed his entire career Cowboys have owned him. He's not going to do very well on his own just wait and see. He's an interception machine waiting to happen. He can't take the team on an 80-yard consistent Drive