McGinn Draft Series - Part 2: OL

reddyuta

Reaction score
“He is pretty talented but he has major makeup issues and really high bust potential because of that" -i dont even know what that means.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Guyton: Talented but is a mental midget. That's cold.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it was funny when the one scout says that Christian Haynes just has an old mans body type lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
at 6 2 1/2 315 I don't see Frazier as undersized; he is heavier than the majority of centers in the NFL. You want a center fairly short to get under the DTs and NTs
My guess is a retired Frazier walks around at about 275.
He probably plays at about 305 but yes at combine he was up to 313. 315 is the highest he has ever clocked in anywhere.
He's the shortest of the top 15 OC prospects but none of that bothers me.
He's tough as nails and plays hard every snap til after the whistle.
I want us to go get him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We are picking about 6 spots too late. Good thing we made that deep playoff run

1942willys

Reaction score
My guess is a retired Frazier walks around at about 275.
He probably plays at about 305 but yes at combine he was up to 313. 315 is the highest he has ever clocked in anywhere.
He's the shortest of the top 15 OC prospects but none of that bothers me.
He's tough as nails and plays hard every snap til after the whistle.
I want us to go get him.
NOT sure where retired weight has any bearing here; virtually every lineman loses 20-30% after they retire.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The "shows up when he feels like it" is a bad vibe for sure. Do we have the coaching staff to get him to be the guy that shows 17+ games a year?
I was thinking the same thing. The guy from Washington is very intriguing to me

Carson

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. The guy from Washington is very intriguing to me
Sadly, no chance he last to us.

At 24 you either guy Guyton or Mims or move down a few for Morgan if you go tackle.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Sadly, no chance he last to us.

At 24 you either guy Guyton or Mims or move down a few for Morgan if you go tackle.
I hope he does but I agree he won't be there. I was more talking about the other tackle from Washington. Would love to have Mims also but injuries scare me especially for a 1st rd pick at a vital position

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Fautanu remains my favorite offensive lineman in the class. The likes of Mims, Guyton, Kingsley all have the makings of boom or bust prospects.
Mims and Guyton both played well against stiff competition. Hard to ignore that. Both seem like better right tackles.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Mims and Guyton both played well against stiff competition. Hard to ignore that. Both seem like better right tackles.
They didn't play many games in their college careers and were inconsistent at times.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They didn't play many games in their college careers and were inconsistent at times.
True but Guyton kicked Verse’ s booty and Ohio State could not get around Mims. Both scare the hell out of me but so does Kingsley and JPJ. At their best Mims/Guyton are 6’6 + monsters.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
True but Guyton kicked Verse’ s booty and Ohio State could not get around Mims. Both scare the hell out of me but so does Kingsley and JPJ. At their best Mims/Guyton are 6’6 + monsters.
Also heard Guyton really struggled against weaker competition. They all have high risk, high reward players including JPJ, due to his medicals. Frazier might not have the upside, but he probably has the highest floor. Same could be said about Morgan.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The "shows up when he feels like it" is a bad vibe for sure. Do we have the coaching staff to get him to be the guy that shows 17+ games a year?
Sounds like a lock for us

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Also heard Guyton really struggled against weaker competition. They all have high risk, high reward players including JPJ, due to his medicals. Frazier might not have the upside, but he probably has the highest floor. Same could be said about Morgan.
It’s all going to depend how the coaches react to the player. Remember the last offensive line coach didn’t seem to like Tyler. If Tyron didn’t get hurt Tyler would have started the season on the bench.