Twitter: McGovern at FB is a hit

Proof

Reaction score
Its working great. Garrett never does that.

That VERY first run in the video is a perfect example of Zeke missing the hole. Completely goes the wrong way. Even on the 2nd one he could bounce it left, but as usual he puts his head down.

The other runs the holes are sooo big that he cant miss them.

he didn't miss the hole, it collapsed in front of him and he wisely (and nimbly) cut back and still gained positive yardage. excellent vision

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
he didn't miss the hole, it collapsed in front of him and he wisely (and nimbly) cut back and still gained positive yardage. excellent vision

Nope the hole opened up right and he missed it. Went left and then by the time he saw it, it was too late. Thats his problem. Tunnel vision and he always dives right up the middle.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope they save the play where he slides into the endzone and catches a TD with no one within 15 yards of him for the playoffs.

Fourth quarter. Eighteen seconds left in the Super Bowl against the Chargers. McG slips out left as Elliott runs headlong into a pile of bodies a yard short. Dak lofts the ball and McGovern cradles it for a TD to go up ten and win it ll.

Yep, save that play.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ok...someone help me out here

What backup guard or center wouldn't be a good FB on the plays highlighted :huh:

I'm happy we're finding a way to use him and would love to see him supplant Connor Williams, but...not sure if this is anything special

TheGoat73

Reaction score
He is doing a great job. When he is in there teams know it’s a run and still can’t stop it. Would love to see a flea flicker or trick play off of that. Or hand it off to him.
I’ve seen them use him for misdirection at least once. Let’s hand him the ball against NYG.

bark

Reaction score
I’d love for the home crowd to pick up on this and give him a nod when he comes in. Ala cooooopp

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Its so simple, but genius!! McGovern is built like a classic fullback, and Emmitt himself talked about how Moose was huge in his setting the rushing record.

LOL -- there's nothing an offensive lineman enjoys more than getting an opportunity to be an offensive threat. Mac is getting that opportunity now and is obviously enjoying it to no end. As a lineman, he's getting the opportunity to get in on a more glorious aspect of playing football. I think we're enjoying it almost as much as he does. Here's hoping it continues to our great pleasure and to the team's added success, as well. :)

Last edited: