Twitter: McGovern at FB is a hit

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This is why the idea was brilliant. McGovern isn't playing much? Put him at FB. Now he gets a running start, and you have 6 linemen on the field. Brilliant!!!

I'm not doubting whether it's a good idea...the results speak for themselves

I'm curious if this has *anything* to do with McGovern's skill set...or if we could literally plug any o-linemen in and it be just as effective

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm not doubting whether it's a good idea...the results speak for themselves

I'm curious if this has *anything* to do with McGovern's skill set...or if we could literally plug any o-linemen in and it be just as effective

I dunno. He does look shifty.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
i love mccarthy's willingness to try anything...not afraid if it fails.
this is one of my favorite formations.
i hope we see the next phase or evolution of mcgovern at full-back....let the big hoss have a carry or 2.

I love KM's ability to be creative and unpredictable.

And Dak loves him some KM.

So do the OL.

Remember when LA asked to play DT on goal line situations but Switzer and then Campo said no way?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I love KM's ability to be creative and unpredictable.

And Dak loves him some KM.

So do the OL.

Remember when LA asked to play DT on goal line situations but Switzer and then Campo said no way?
because we had a real FB named Moose who didn't need help..DJ earned his roster spot we dont have a FB that good enough for full roster spot so why not a backup G that subs in for few FB play's,..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is why the idea was brilliant. McGovern isn't playing much? Put him at FB. Now he gets a running start, and you have 6 linemen on the field. Brilliant!!!

McGovern's PFF run block grade is 89.7. It's just stupid not to have him on the field in short yardage. We should try some 6 man oline sets in the middle of the field too. Make teams match up and see what happens.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/dallas-cowboys/9/roster

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
because we had a real FB named Moose who didn't need help..DJ earned his roster spot we dont have a FB that good enough for full roster spot so why not a backup G that subs in for few FB play's,..

Moose was retired by Campo's time.

And I said LA wanted reps at NT not FB.

But LA at FB would have been a sight to behold.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OMG, he looks fabulous as a blocking FB! man, oh man, I love this coaching staff, and Big Mike's ability to evolve in his coaching schemes.
I agree, McCarthy's acceptance of Kellen Moore's out-of-the-box thinking on the offensive scheme is a blessing. McGovern was quoted saying, when offensive coordinator Kellen Moore proposed playing fullback to him, he jumped at the opportunity for more playing time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He is doing a great job. When he is in there teams know it’s a run and still can’t stop it. Would love to see a flea flicker or trick play off of that. Or hand it off to him.
Off side tight end fakes a diving block, waits, and then does a pass pattern straight down the sidelines...!

Scotman

Reaction score
It’s not great because Williams should be the FB and not McGovern. McGovern should be starting LG.
So, if they aren't starting McGovern where you want him, they shouldn't use him in another role?

I think it's great they found a way to get all 6 lineman on the field. I'd feel the same if McGovern was starting and they put Williams in the FB role for that play.