McGregor vs Mayweather

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It would be a shocker, especially after watching McGregor work out. Very slow hand speed. Compared to Mayweather it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Expedition. What MacGregor has going for him is reach, power and he throws accurate punches. I just don't know how he's going to land any of them against Mayweather and the hand speed of Mayweather is just something the likes that Macgregor has never seen.

If this is all on the up-and-up, I think MacGregor could get hurt badly which will shock the world.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
They can bare fist box and Conor would get destroyed.

With that said, I am oddly drawn to this fight.

I'm downright giddy for Canelo/GGG

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I won't give my in-depth opinion on Mayweather - too many fanboys out there. But he's a product of the time, built within the system that boxing has set up now and he's found ways to exploit. Having said that, McGregor isn't going to be the guy who takes Mayweather down. His only hope is to knock Mayweather out, he's certainly not going to land as many big blows.

But at the end of the day, both Mayweather and McGregor are doing this for the spectacle. I don't think either of them believe this is going to be a quality fight - two big names, a lot of money, a lot of viewers. The only loser in this will be Mayweather if McGregor takes him down, it would be a hit to his reputation. But that is slim to none - all parties win here. I'm not interested in just paying for big names.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Mayweather had a bunch of runners go make huge bets on McGregor when the line was out of control and he takes a dive.

Reaction score
I won't give my in-depth opinion on Mayweather - too many fanboys out there. But he's a product of the time, built within the system that boxing has set up now and he's found ways to exploit. Having said that, McGregor isn't going to be the guy who takes Mayweather down. His only hope is to knock Mayweather out, he's certainly not going to land as many big blows.

But at the end of the day, both Mayweather and McGregor are doing this for the spectacle. I don't think either of them believe this is going to be a quality fight - two big names, a lot of money, a lot of viewers. The only loser in this will be Mayweather if McGregor takes him down, it would be a hit to his reputation. But that is slim to none - all parties win here. I'm not interested in just paying for big names.

yikes....I wonder what you would've said if you gave your opinion! jk, lol I agree in that it's a pure money grab, I wish I could find an intriguing reason for people to pay me but I admit, I'm curious of this match up and hope McGregor prevails against the odds

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
yikes....I wonder what you would've said if you gave your opinion! jk, lol I agree in that it's a pure money grab, I wish I could find a senescence reason for people to pay me but I admit, I'm intrigued by this match up and hope McGregor prevails against the odds

I think outside of the strong fanbase these two have, people are viewing in hoping for a "Shock the world!" fight. But if that doesn't happen, it's going to be an incredible let down.

Then again, maybe this will be the Tyson and Douglas fight of this generation. I can see why people don't want to miss that, I just can't put my money on it because there is more of a chance that this is just Mayweather landing a bunch of shots while an inexperienced McGregor chases him around the ring.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think outside of the strong fanbase these two have, people are viewing in hoping for a "Shock the world!" fight. But if that doesn't happen, it's going to be an incredible let down.

Then again, maybe this will be the Tyson and Douglas fight of this generation. I can see why people don't want to miss that, I just can't put my money on it because there is more of a chance that this is just Mayweather landing a bunch of shots while an inexperienced McGregor chases him around the ring.
It will be a let down. Matty, why am I so drawn to this? Slap some sense into me, brudda!

Stryker44

Reaction score
That's why I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on this fight, much less some of the amounts I've seen. I could just see something weird happen and macgregor somehow winning.
McGregor vs Amanda Nunes. Who would win?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I got McGregor in round 4.

This will not be a boxing match.

McGregor will stand like an MMA Striker and punch like an MMA Striker. Floyd will try to get through his reach and he will catch a left hand for his trouble.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only way McGregor wins is if he gets a lucky shot while Mayweather is being silly and trying to show off.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just pray it's not a pat-a-cake pillow fight like most of Floyd's fights.
I'd never spend money to watch one of his bouts.
Sure, purists of the sport will always back him because he is such a genius tactician, but I find zero enjoyment in his style.

And this "fight" with McGregor is even more of a money grab than Floyd's fight with Pacquiao. Guaranteed that both of these guys have an predetermined agreement of how this fight will go. But Floyd obviously must know what he's doing since people still pay so much to see him.