McGregor vs Mayweather

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I

And this "fight" with McGregor is even more of a money grab than Floyd's fight with Pacquiao. Guaranteed that both of these guys have an predetermined agreement of how this fight will go. But Floyd obviously must know what he's doing since people still pay so much to see him.

Not a chance..

Both have too big of an ego and the money is there regardless.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I got McGregor in round 4.

This will not be a boxing match.

McGregor will stand like an MMA Striker and punch like an MMA Striker. Floyd will try to get through his reach and he will catch a left hand for his trouble.
If goes in there with that MMA horse **** he's going to get knocked out

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a chance..

Both have too big of an ego and the money is there regardless.

The money is there regardless - and Mayweather has much more to lose from a loss than McGregor. This fight is happening purely for monetary reasons, that's it.

The fight will go the distance, with Floyd winning by decision. Another pillow fight. And both guys laugh their way to the bank.

Parcells told that reporter to "consider himself sucked"... Well, that's what the majority of America has done with this sideshow. They're sucked into this storyline that will deliver basically no substance.

EST_1986

Reaction score
He will and he will win doing it.
put some money on that, theres ZERO chance he goes in there boxing like its an MMA match against a world class boxer in a boxing match and does anything besides lose

whatever amount of money you're willing to part with I'll accept

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
put some money on that, theres ZERO chance he goes in there boxing like its an MMA match against a world class boxer in a boxing match and does anything besides lose

whatever amount of money you're willing to part with I'll accept
Can I bet him, too, EST?? :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mayweather is 40. McGregor is only 29.
Still won't matter.

Intriguing though, in a train wreck sort of way.
McGregor, by the nature of his sport, never has to go more than 1-3 rounds.
But then again, Mayweather has 1 true KO in the last 18 years.

Have to assume McGregor runs out unless he lands some huge ones early.

But I agree with Risen than in a real fight, McGregor eats Mayweather's liver. :muttley:

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
McGregor gasses.

This was my first thought.

Three 5 minute rounds = 15 minutes (he's been gassed in a few of those fights before the end of 3 rounds)
Twelve 3 minute rounds = 36 minutes

McGregor says he's "adjusted" his training for this.... good luck!

There is NO WAY (barring excessive roughhouse and windmill haymakers) that Mayweather is losing to a non boxing opponent.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather is probably, pound for pound, the best boxer in the history of the sport.

As someone who has watched boxing from a young age and boxed in college, he is by far the best technical and defensive fighter I have seen in my life.

I think that the fight goes the distance -- 12 rounds with Mayweather taking it by unanimous decision. MacGregor will get some licks in, but he won't hurt Mayweather. Mayweather also will not knock him out - it's not his style. His style is amazing defense and filling up the scorecard.

People like to get emotional, and there's a huge race element why a lot of people want (and then talk themselves into thinking) Mayweather to lose, but if he loses this fight I will be absolutely shocked, and it will literally be the death of boxing as a sport.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather is probably, pound for pound, the best boxer in the history of the sport.

As someone who has watched boxing from a young age and boxed in college, he is by far the best technical and defensive fighter I have seen in my life.

I think that the fight goes the distance -- 12 rounds with Mayweather taking it by unanimous decision. MacGregor will get some licks in, but he won't hurt Mayweather. Mayweather also will not knock him out - it's not his style. His style is amazing defense and filling up the scorecard.

People like to get emotional, and there's a huge race element why a lot of people want (and then talk themselves into thinking) Mayweather to lose, but if he loses this fight I will be absolutely shocked, and it will literally be the death of boxing as a sport.
Easy, brother easy. Mayweather is a runner who has had the luxury of hand picking opponents in the most forgettable boxing era since the 30's. He is grossly over rated and makes for dreadfull fights.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Easy, brother easy. Mayweather is a runner who has had the luxury of hand picking opponents in the most forgettable boxing era since the 30's. He is grossly over rated and makes for dreadfull fights.

A bit of what I'm saying. I think it terms of strategy, Mayweather is legendary there. But he's exploiting a point system - if he had to go a true blow to blow against someone, I don't think he'd be undefeated.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This was my first thought.

Three 5 minute rounds = 15 minutes (he's been gassed in a few of those fights before the end of 3 rounds)
Twelve 3 minute rounds = 36 minutes

McGregor says he's "adjusted" his training for this.... good luck!

There is NO WAY (barring excessive roughhouse and windmill haymakers) that Mayweather is losing to a non boxing opponent.

Most of McGregor's fights have been main events or title fights so they are actually Five, 5 minute rounds.

That is pretty grueling, and grappling ect is much more tiring than boxing.

I think Floyd wins, but I would a bit surprised if McGregor's conditioning is going to be an issue.

erod

Reaction score
I may be the only person alive that doesn't give a rip about this fight. I'd rather watch a minor league baseball game.