McGregor vs Mayweather

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy, brother easy. Mayweather is a runner who has had the luxury of hand picking opponents in the most forgettable boxing era since the 30's. He is grossly over rated and makes for dreadfull fights.
Exactly. He is hardly the best fighter of all time.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
screen-shot-2017-08-23-at-14535-pm-0a27ef89-ab2f-46ad-9b3e-c202177a8fac.jpg

Apparently the winner gets this...I think WWE should sue for trademark infringement

th

They look different, but the concept is the same...not to mention their very WWEish promotion of this fight

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think Nunes could take McGregor out.

Men and women are separated for good reason - it would be devastating. Nunes would be in a wheelchair after the fight.

This reminds me of people wanting Rousey and Mayweather to fight a couple years ago.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Exactly. He is hardly the best fighter of all time.

Agreed. He is probably the best defensive fighter of all time. But that's because he wants to be defensive for 10 1/2 rounds out of 12.

See below.

Men and women are separated for good reason - it would be devastating. Nunes would be in a wheelchair after the fight.

This reminds me of people wanting Rousey and Mayweather to fight a couple years ago.

Chances are she would strike him with a good shot.... then he would end her.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
It will be a let down. Matty, why am I so drawn to this? Slap some sense into me, brudda!

Yeah, I dropped the $99 for Showtime HD -- gonna have several polarized dudes and adult beverages. Will have lots of side bets.

My own local conflict may overshadow the fight.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Agreed. He is probably the best defensive fighter of all time. But that's because he wants to be defensive for 10 1/2 rounds out of 12.

See below.

Chances are she would strike him with a good shot.... then he would end her.

Same weight and both trained. It would be a fair fight. Especially because he is a leprechaun.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Most of McGregor's fights have been main events or title fights so they are actually Five, 5 minute rounds.

That is pretty grueling, and grappling ect is much more tiring than boxing.

I think Floyd wins, but I would a bit surprised if McGregor's conditioning is going to be an issue.
the pacing in an MMA match is more frantic than boxing, and maywether has not used frantic pace in a while.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Could Mayweather beat this Irish chump with one hand behind his back?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Doubt it.

She'd probably back out the day of the fight.

Connor would wind up fighting, and beating, someone else on the card.

That said Mayweather will win tonight because of his style. He will jab and run his way to a points decision, as he always does. Floyd is not stupid. He's not going to stand in there and give Connor any chance, at all, to land any big left hands.

It will be a tremendous let down of a fight, as all Mayweather fights have been for years, because they're all boring.

I'm at work so I don't get to see it but, boring or not, I'd be watching it tonight with my friends for the off chance that McGregor gets the chance to land some nasty lefts and shocks the world.

It would make my night if he KO'd "Money" and ended his perfect career.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
In this "Clash of the Titan(ic Ego)s, I'm rooting for this outcome. My reaction would be the same as the Referee's.