McNabb says Owens' criticism amounts to ``black-on-black crime''

tideh20heel

Reaction score
i can almost see expensive cigar smoke and hear a hearty laugh coming from the palm beach home of one rush limbaugh.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
a black athlete pulling the race card, what a suprise...
Just imagine...

If Brandon Stokley said, "If only we had Daunte Culpepper, we'd be better."
Then Manning says, "That's white on white crime. He coulda said Farve, or Brady or Hasselbeck... but he said Culpepper."...

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE UPROAR?
I'm so tired of this double standard in racism.

McNabb is a loser. I never cared for the guy. What a jackass.

Reed

Reaction score
if you think mcnabb is a jackass then you must think a lot of people in this world are losers and jack *****. Mcnabb is a good guy, has great character, I wish more athletes had his type of mentallity. He was a great player, and person at syracuse, and he has brought so much to philidelphia that no other player has in their history. Dont call him a loser and a jackass. you might not like him but that doesnt make him a bad person and a loser, he is good for the league, He has carried that team and that organization on his back from the day he was drafted. Ill take him as my quarterback anyday, him and dawkins are the only players i respect on that team.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Reed said:
if you think mcnabb is a jackass then you must think a lot of people in this world are losers and jack *****. Mcnabb is a good guy, has great character, I wish more athletes had his type of mentallity. He was a great player, and person at syracuse, and he has brought so much to philidelphia that no other player has in their history. Dont call him a loser and a jackass. you might not like him but that doesnt make him a bad person and a loser, he is good for the league, He has carried that team and that organization on his back from the day he was drafted. Ill take him as my quarterback anyday, him and dawkins are the only players i respect on that team.
He is a good QB and overall a good guy and good for the league.

But I lost a lot of respect for him when he started feeding into T.O.'s childish attitude and performing his ridiculous acts on the sideline and in interviews. I thought he was better than that. And all it has done is made him look foolish in the longrun.

I think anyone who pulls the racecard in any unwarranted scenario is legitimately a jackass. Racism is a very serious subject with oft times serious consequences.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Just imagine...

Then Manning says, "That's white on white crime. He coulda said Farve, or Brady or Hasselbeck... but he said Culpepper."...

yep, this race-card crap, it just gets old, I thought professional sports would be the last place I'd see this, guess not

BlueStar22

Reaction score
well, as a black man. I felt that attack on McNabb by the NAACP guy a form of black on black crime. Not in the sense that any violence was involved but brothers shouldn't be trying to tear another brother down like that. Especially when Donovan has been nothing but one of the classiest of pro football players. I'm not the only black man who felt this way. I heard many brothas equate that article to black on black crime mainly based on the fact that it was senseless and unnecessary, much like BOBC.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
well, as a black man. I felt that attack on McNabb by the NAACP guy a form of black on black crime. Not in the sense that any violence was involved but brothers shouldn't be trying to tear another brother down like that. Especially when Donovan has been nothing but one of the classiest of pro football players. I'm not the only black man who felt this way. I heard many brothas equate that article to black on black crime mainly based on the fact that it was senseless and unnecessary, much like BOBC.
I just don't get it.
This whole support-your-own kind thing.
It's garbage.
What's right is right. What's wrong is wrong.
Regardless of color, etc.

If a black man says something ignorant, another black man shouldn't feel any reservation about objecting to it.
Such blind exception only contributes to the senselessness.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
keep this racial BS to your little inner circles

burn your crosses; do whatever

but keep it off of this forum

"I just don't get it.. oh my god... race this race that i'm so lost i just don't get it... jeez louise... aw gee, wally"

well stop looking for an answer on this forum because you're not gonna get it. apart from that, nobody cares about what you think.

but now that we know how you feel, we'll definately be able to sleep better

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
keep this racial BS to your little inner circles

burn your crosses; do whatever

but keep it off of this forum

"I just don't get it.. oh my god... race this race that i'm so lost i just don't get it... jeez louise... aw gee, wally"

well stop looking for an answer on this forum because you're not gonna get it. apart from that, nobody cares about what you think.

but now that we know how you feel, we'll definately be able to sleep better
Was this supposed to be a response to my post?

jem88

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
yep, this race-card crap, it just gets old, I thought professional sports would be the last place I'd see this, guess not
What's getting old is people throwing out buzz-words like 'race card' or 'agenda' whenever they hear something they don't like. I think what McNabb reportedly said was pretty weak (I say reportedly because someone posted on here that it was taken out of context), but to make blanket statements implying that black athletes habitually play the race card is a huge generalization and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to infer some racist intent in a comment like that. Grow up!

jem88

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Just imagine...

Historical precedent is likely responsible for any 'double standard' that exists. It's pretty obvious which race has been more discriminated against over the recent course of history.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Am I the only one that find TO funny? This guy is hilarious.

superpunk

Reaction score
http://img208.*************/img208/1618/philroy87tr.gif

Just another example of black-on-black crime.....

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
McNabb is my team's QB and I support his game On the field 100% ...But, I'm not sure why McNabb came out with a statement like that. I'm almost convinced that he may just not like Bret Favre!

Remember when Bret Favre came out with a controversial comment about a GB WR that was holding out for more money? I believe McNabb made a statement to the effect that Favre should "not" have got involved, and shouldn't have said anything! As true as it might have been, McNabb was one of the only QB in the NFL that I know about, that came on line about Favre's comment. If I'm not mistaking, I think it was around the same time that TO was Holding out from training camp,

So, looking back, this may have been an indirect slap at Favre more than anything else.:cool:

burmafrd

Reaction score
McFlabb screwed up by commenting at all. That was dumb to begin with- BUT he just might have a personal jones for Favre ( cannot really blame him- Favre has been over rated for several years and getting a lot of free passes on INT's and stupid plays that no other QB would get).
BUt it is true that Rush is probably laughing his cigar off right now.
He was right that McFlabb was getting preferential treatment partially due to his skin color. But at the same time with all the race stuff regarding coaches its not suprising that race keeps popping up. Those just too sensitive to racial issues refuse to let it rest ever.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
As a African American this really pisses me of. How can two Millionairs have "black on black" crime, maybe both of them need to take a trip back to there old neighborhoods to remember what real black on black crime is.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Seriously though ...I always thought that "anything on anything" crime related to homicide! Now I could be wrong, but that's what I always heard ...(187 - Police code for murder)!

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
I am really starting to lose a lot of respect for ESPN I think they have sunk to the level of creating there own stories and the controversy that goes along with it. The TO story from last year with the farve comments when i watched the interveiw I took it that he meant with Mcnabb being hurt Farve would have been a better qb for the team but they twisted it in such a way as to come across as TO was dissing Mcnabb when that was not the context of the question.

I see this interview and at first glance I think he was talking about the NAACP
as Black on Black crime (which was stupid in its own right) and now I am not sure if he was talking about the article or Owen's comments and then I think why are they even talking about these things and the answer is to stir the pot and create another worthless "Exclusive Story" .

I can understand Owens getting caught up in this mess because frankly he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but for Mcnabb to do the same I have to say I lost a lot of respect for him, that black on black crime statement was just stupid and shame on you ESPN for sinking to this level of Journalism.