Me, the "Fanboy," I'm done with the sideshow

John813

Reaction score
Players want to get paid. Owners want to get richer.
More news at 11.

It's a balancing act. Some teams like the Chiefs stood their ground for the most part. They did a minor rework of Jones deal after week 1 but didn't sign him long term.
Other teams sign players early, and others let talks drag on for a bit till both sides compromise a bit.

It's all a non factor right now.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Whether or not a player is worth top salary at their position is a completely different discussion. If a GM or owner feels that a player is not worth the money then move on from the player. If you want to keep them then sign them early on. Signing Dak and Lamb prior to the start of free agency would have positioned this team to actually add talent around them. Instead we are left with possible hold outs, letting players walk for little to no compensation, and less talented team trying to win a super bowl in 2024.

The reason Jerry and Stephen are getting so much pushback from the fans is that they can't seem to pick a lane with either players or coaches, which lessens the odds of a winning product.
Ill say this for the 5,000th time. You werent signing Dak or Lmb early, unless you were offering Dak60 million per season and offering Lamb 35 million per season.

Both players WERE NOT signing any deals until Jefferson signed, and Dak was always waiting on the others, unless Jerry offered 60 million per season.

In none of those scenarios would Jerry signing those players to those numbers back in March have been smart.

The FO is getting typical pushback from fans because most are fools.

So please explain to me how the team would have been able to sign Dak and Lamb back in March?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Players want to get paid. Owners want to get richer.
More news at 11.

It's a balancing act. Some teams like the Chiefs stood their ground for the most part. They did a minor rework of Jones deal after week 1 but didn't sign him long term.
Other teams sign players early, and others let talks drag on for a bit till both sides compromise a bit.

It's all a non factor right now.
The Chiefs had 1 player that had enough pool to hold out, and they didnt hold their ground.

Who else on teh Chiefs, besides the chosen one, has any leverage that they could tell the chiefs to pony up more cash or they arent showing up? Kelce.... ok, yea, thats it. But Kelce doesnt appear to be like Zack Martin.

Praxit

Reaction score
..there are over 50 players on the squad. Three of them combined will have over 50% of it. Ludicrous.. ..if you ask me.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
People who blame the players rather than the owners for this stuff don't understand how the league works. I'm not a Dak fan, but I wholeheartedly encourage him to get every cent he can. Same with Ceedee or any other player. You think Jerry or any owner is leaving money on the table? What any star player makes is a pittance compared to what the owners make.

I'm with Peyton Manning - make as much as you can, and put the responsibility of figuring everything else out on management.
You are a clown if you think I dont understand how it works. Please go back to my post and tell me anything I wrote that shows lack of understanding. Ill wait.

PS, these adds stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praxit

Reaction score
There are holdouts every year. Martin held out and I didn’t see anyone whining like this. Love and Tua don’t have an extension yet. There’s a boat load of WR’s waiting on extensions as well. It’s the NFL. Just think what the 76’ers did. Spent a boat load of money and have very little chance of winning a title.
..... Martins hold out was pocket change, compared to these guys.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There is certainly still a chance everything works out just fine,
Everything will work out fine. First off, the Cowboys will be playing games in September. There will be a full roster.

Jerry has never not signed a player he wanted to sign. I they want Lamb, Lamb will be signed.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ill say this for the 5,000th time. You werent signing Dak or Lmb early, unless you were offering Dak60 million per season and offering Lamb 35 million per season.

Both players WERE NOT signing any deals until Jefferson signed, and Dak was always waiting on the others, unless Jerry offered 60 million per season.

In none of those scenarios would Jerry signing those players to those numbers back in March have been smart.

So please explain to me how the team would have been able to sign Dak and Lamb back in March?
If they sign they are still going to be at or very close to $60M and $35M respectfully, waiting really doesnt change that fact. Either pay them or move on from them, it's not like all of a sudden Dak is going to take a lower amount of money as he gets closer to free agency, if anything the price for these guys is only going to continue to go up. The Jefferson argument just doesnt hold much weight to me at this point because he has signed, but we are still talking about Lamb possibly holding out.

You're going to have to say it for the 5,001 time because what I perceive your argument to be makes absolutely zero sense to me.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Everything will work out fine. First off, the Cowboys will be playing games in September. There will be a full roster.

Jerry has never not signed a player he wanted to sign. I they want Lamb, Lamb will be signed.
Sure he has, just a couple years ago we had the Randy Gregory issue.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
..... Martins hold out was pocket change, compared to these guys.
He still held out. I understand that whether he’s extended or not the same people will be complaining either way. It’s just what they do. They’re all whining now because he hasn’t been extended and once he’s extended they’ll be whining about how much he gets. They’ll call him greedy and the Jones idiots.

John813

Reaction score
The Chiefs had 1 player that had enough pool to hold out, and they didnt hold their ground.

Who else on teh Chiefs, besides the chosen one, has any leverage that they could tell the chiefs to pony up more cash or they arent showing up? Kelce.... ok, yea, thats it. But Kelce doesnt appear to be like Zack Martin.

Jones wanted a new longterm deal. Chiefs said no.
They compromised and he signed a deal with incentives that still ended at the end of the season
Original contract base salary was 19.5mil
New contract per PFF was for 19.5mil but incentives to gain back the lost millions from the TC holdout and missed game-and if he reached certain awards he could make more.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-chris-jones-kansas-city-chiefs-holdout-contract-extension

Kelce wanted a new deal this offseason and they gave it to him without dragging it out into TC.

This front office is really slow on getting new deals done. Players probably get antsy when they see their colleagues around the league get paid but nothing from the F.O.

Until CDL holds out, it's just talk. And if he does holdout, so be it. I'm not worried about CDL not finding a rhythm with Dak.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Players want market value. Players are at risk of injury. Players want to capitalize on their talent before injury. Players have more to lose than Owners.

But blame and shame the player.

Trophies dont pay bills. Name etched in history dont pay bills.

Only owners get a hall pass to be greedy. Why is that?

Qcard

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
Let them eat cake :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Reid started a similar thread a few weeks ago.

This issue only applies to the best of the best players in the league.

Ownerships always have an option if they dont want their best player or players to fulfill their current contracts.

Bigdog

Reaction score
This is what we call free market economy. If a player thinks he is worth what he owes but the team doesn’t than player has the right to look elsewhere just like we do when our contracts run out

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
As much as I want to hate on the players (any sport), it is them who are invoking all the risk during their careers. At the bat of an eyelash their careers can end via injury, or a team decides they have had it with them and get cut. The greedy owners have been gifted billions of dollars above their initial investment and are guaranteed to make more money than they know what to do with it, and still have the nerve (Panthers) to force the hand of their local taxpayers to pay for stadium upgrades, etc. As much as I want us to move on from Dak I do not blame him or other QB's to get the money while they can.

fivetwos

Reaction score

As long as it’s not the QB who runs it all, it’s not really a big deal. But…..

I agree that he is under contract and the Union he belongs to negotiated the rules, by which the players ought to abide. Although I can see how Lamb is a little pissed that Steele and Gallup got paid and turned in a meh performance since but he has to wait.

I can understand him being upset, but do the right thing and show up to work.

Personally I think Jerry is just pissed right now and doesn’t want to reward anyone with anything. In the end, he is going to pay all these guys and it’s only gonna cost him more in the long run….but that will be very far from the first time his ego has cost this franchise dearly.

More leaves to fall? Is he hoping they fail and they will therefore sign cheaper? Being hesitant with meh players is prudent, not with your proven stars that you know youre gonna pay anyway. Jerry isn’t blowing this up and starting over so he is only fooling himself.

Meanwhile Stephen is in some corner office calculating how much interest they gained by paying signing bonuses later than sooner.

Maybe one day it’ll be about football again. Probably not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I do agree with Jethro waiting for the leaves to fall on one hand. The other hand asks was it possible to sign either for less than what the new Market Price is?

We don’t know. Lamb rumors were initially hovering around 30. How does Jefferson receiving 35 impact that. Could we have Lamb for something less than 35 which would have set the Market Price first? There is an argument waiting could cost us more.

Daks situation is a similar situation but the public perception is different. There was so much negativity following playoff loss that Jethro didn’t want to pull trigger too quickly which I understand. And won’t criticize. But now that no one has signed for more than 55 does that mean that’s where Dak should be?

IDK.. And we don’t know what Dak is asking for. I can only guess he’s wanting to set the new Market which would be more than 55. Is that more or less than we could have signed him earlier? We still have Tua and Love which hasn’t signed which might bust 55. I’d probably agree more with Jethro waiting on Dak than Lamb.

I’d officially offer Dak like 56 or 57 and let him take the heat if he’s insisting on 60. That wouldn’t be good in public perception and more would support our owners stance.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If they sign they are still going to be at or very close to $60M and $35M respectfully, waiting really doesnt change that fact. Either pay them or move on from them, it's not like all of a sudden Dak is going to take a lower amount of money as he gets closer to free agency, if anything the price for these guys is only going to continue to go up. The Jefferson argument just doesnt hold much weight to me at this point because he has signed, but we are still talking about Lamb possibly holding out.

You're going to have to say it for the 5,001 time because what I perceive your argument to be makes absolutely zero sense to me.
well your statement about Lamb not waiting on Jefferson is absolutely nonsense. They have the same agent, and no way was Lamb signing BEFORE Jefferson. Now that Lamb has signed, maybe the Cowboys simply dont think any WR is worth 30 plus million. So maybe they WONT agree to that amount. So maybe they are content to say hey CeeDee, you will play this year for the amount yu are under contract for. Then maybe next year they will tag him. Then they will let him walk... maybe THAT is what they are doing. Do you know that it is NOT what they are doing?

Maybe the Cowboys are absolutely willing to let Dak lay this year and see how he does. You ever think of that?