Me, the "Fanboy," I'm done with the sideshow

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Why is it only players get a hall pass to violate terms of the CBA? Why is it owners arent allowed to play by the rules of the CBA? Teams have 4th and 5th year player options. Teams have the franchise tags available to them as per the CBA... but if they use that tag, far too many players simply refuse to play under the tag. Im just saying teams should say ok.....refuse, now sit out and get no paycheck. I for one, as a fan, would be fine with that.

Lastly, you make it like owners are somehow able to take the money they save from not paying CDL 33 million per season and put it in their pocket. Players are ensured to get a certain % of the revenue.... period.
Naw...I think the players are all for other players getting as much as they can...which is why there are no locker room issues with it. They would all do it if in Dak's shoes.

Its a once in a lifetime job and opportunity and you could get injured at any time...you milk it since you have a lot to lose if you dont.

There is way too much talk on this website about taking advantage of rookie contracts. Its not because one or two guys are overpaid and the FO cant field a team...its because they want to take advantage of a situation. AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT DAK AND STAR ATHLETES ARE DOING.

But instead of being fair about the situation...there is non-stop blame and shame at the player instead of the owners. The owners who do everything they can to take advantage of situations to be wealthy.

You can rant all day long about contracts. Contracts are to take advantage of people period. Seen the movie Nightcrawler? You think the Lou Bloom was being reasonable? His whole stance was "you made a deal". That deal(contract) took advantage of low paid workers and he got upset about wanting to share the wealth.

Here is the problem...its the Owners/GM's that are scared to lose a player and the player knows it. Owners/GMs dont want to lose a good player, so they pay them. Its part of the high paying job they have to make those tough decisions. Why is it the players fault for holding out? Because he signed a contract? A contract that pays less than market value. Do you not care that a player making 2 million but is worth 35 million on the open market could get hurt without establishing his next contract? You dont care...which is why you are mad. Because you want to take advantage of players. Or...you wouldnt be mad right now.

Your whole thing is a contract is a contract because it benefits you. Have you not seen Nations back out of decades long treaties early because it no longer made sense? A contract was signed.

Cool...you want to take advantage of players to sign more players for depth.

I will gladly go on record as saying the NFL or any League should not punish a player for holding out if his market value has sky rocketed. The player has way more to lose than anyone in the situation.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Jerry is ok with letting Dak play out the season. If Dak has a repeat of LAST season he may say... ok 60 million per is ok and Dak signs. If he stinks and we miss the playoffs, they say bye bye dak. If Dak takes us to the NFC title game, maybe jerry is ok with 62 per season. In any event, I dont think e can criticise any direction the TEAM takes with Dak. None is correct, and none is wrong.
You hope he is.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
You are what I refer to above in Post #58. A player wanting max doesn't mean they "love" money. When you hire a tax agent to get max return on your taxes or hire a financial adviser to get max return on investments, does it mean you "love" money?
What does it mean to you? Paid a fair wage for the work you do, ie don't muzzle the ox, is not the same thing as maxing and not honoring your word/contract.
Yes, I think most all of us have a love for money because it makes our lives easier and gives us more of the things we want.
And yes, I think most of us will try to get a max return, as it was our money already, and we are not trying to pay as much to the government when they already took it.
Yes, paying for financial education is a worthy sunken cost, IMO.

Can these things be the root of doing bad things? Absolutely. Does doing these things make us evil. not necessarily. But it definitely can lead to it.

So I guess I am one of those you refer to in Post #58. But I am not a fan of ownership either, in fact just the opposite I label us all that way.

JBS

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
You have really taken these player salaries and the business side of the game way too far. It’s really not as deep as you are making it out to be

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Jerry is ok with letting Dak play out the season. If Dak has a repeat of LAST season he may say... ok 60 million per is ok and Dak signs. If he stinks and we miss the playoffs, they say bye bye dak. If Dak takes us to the NFC title game, maybe jerry is ok with 62 per season. In any event, I dont think e can criticise any direction the TEAM takes with Dak. None is correct, and none is wrong.
What if Dak is put out by the Cowboys lack of faith and decides he doesn’t want to come back?

How our we going to feel if we go deeper in playoffs and he walks?

We will be able to second guess either way. That’s what we do is play Monday Morning QB.

Probably the only way for Jethro to be applauded if he doesn’t resign Dak is for the season to tank. Except from the haters who don’t him back regardless.

Just be our luck we finally break thru and Dak says adios cause we didn’t believe in him.

Last edited:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I think CJ Stroud is an example of a player that will excell.

If CJ Stroud plays at an elite level next year...like balls out sets the World on fire...he is only making 9M per.

To argue "9M is tons of money...he doesnt need more than that" is propaganda.

He will be worth 55M+ on the open market. Yet...some here think its unfair for a player to hold out...and that the player should play his next 2 seasons and risk injury. He's 45M underpaid per year in this scenario. And that is fair? Because of contracts?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Owners and GM's need to understand that you do not have to pay a player. Let someone else overpay for their services and go get someone else or a couple players to better help the team. KC didn't fall off the planet because they lost one of the best WR's in the game. They figured out how to turn that money into multiple contracts to benefit the team overall and still made it to the SB.
Bahahahahha....more talk of how to do things the right way, like the Chiefs....smh.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Naw...I think the players are all for other players getting as much as they can...which is why there are no locker room issues with it. They would all do it if in Dak's shoes.

Its a once in a lifetime job and opportunity and you could get injured at any time...you milk it since you have a lot to lose if you dont.

There is way too much talk on this website about taking advantage of rookie contracts. Its not because one or two guys are overpaid and the FO cant field a team...its because they want to take advantage of a situation. AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT DAK AND STAR ATHLETES ARE DOING.

But instead of being fair about the situation...there is non-stop blame and shame at the player instead of the owners. The owners who do everything they can to take advantage of situations to be wealthy.

You can rant all day long about contracts. Contracts are to take advantage of people period. Seen the movie Nightcrawler? You think the Lou Bloom was being reasonable? His whole stance was "you made a deal". That deal(contract) took advantage of low paid workers and he got upset about wanting to share the wealth.

Here is the problem...its the Owners/GM's that are scared to lose a player and the player knows it. Owners/GMs dont want to lose a good player, so they pay them. Its part of the high paying job they have to make those tough decisions. Why is it the players fault for holding out? Because he signed a contract? A contract that pays less than market value. Do you not care that a player making 2 million but is worth 35 million on the open market could get hurt without establishing his next contract? You dont care...which is why you are mad. Because you want to take advantage of players. Or...you wouldnt be mad right now.

Your whole thing is a contract is a contract because it benefits you. Have you not seen Nations back out of decades long treaties early because it no longer made sense? A contract was signed.

Cool...you want to take advantage of players to sign more players for depth.

I will gladly go on record as saying the NFL or any League should not punish a player for holding out if his market value has sky rocketed. The player has way more to lose than anyone in the situation.
Mad? I'm not mad. I already said the Cowboys will be playing in Sept no matter what. The player will never dictate for me. I actually don't care about the player. I care about the team.

shabazz

Reaction score
. Martin held out and I didn’t see anyone whining like this.

You saw it but clearly don't remember it. It's the first sign of decline.

Myself and many others posted that Martin already had a huge payday with a 20 million signing bonus and 40 million guaranteed and Jerry's shouldn't have caved in.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mad? I'm not mad. I already said the Cowboys will be playing in Sept no matter what. The player will never dictate for me. I actually don't care about the player. I care about the team.
we all are rooting for what’s best for the teams success. But we can become attached to some players because they are generally contributing greatly to that success.

Bottomline is do we think Dak, Lamb and Parsons make us a better team?

Im not really that interested in the business side. I’m rooting to get as many players who can help us signed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You saw it but clearly don't remember it. It's the first sign of decline.

Myself and many others posted that Martin already had a huge payday with a 20 million signing bonus and 40 million guaranteed and Jerry's shouldn't have caved in.
Yeah, don’t remember anywhere near the uproar as this.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
X gadzillions.

Problem is, the fines are not enforced so they are not being punished for holding out.

kskboys

Reaction score
People who blame the players rather than the owners for this stuff don't understand how the league works. I'm not a Dak fan, but I wholeheartedly encourage him to get every cent he can. Same with Ceedee or any other player. You think Jerry or any owner is leaving money on the table? What any star player makes is a pittance compared to what the owners make.

I'm with Peyton Manning - make as much as you can, and put the responsibility of figuring everything else out on management.
So then, you are not interested in your team winning the super bowl. Got it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bingo!!!!! It's inexcusable to see Jerry and Stephen drag the contract issues out to the last min and THEN seem unprepared for the consequences. Yet some fans want to blame the players for simply trying to get their market value. Quite frankly, turning fans against the players is exactly the game they try and play.
Market value in the NFL is a myth. Just a term players use to excuse their extreme greed.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What does it mean to you? Paid a fair wage for the work you do, ie don't muzzle the ox, is not the same thing as maxing and not honoring your word/contract.
Yes, I think most all of us have a love for money because it makes our lives easier and gives us more of the things we want.
And yes, I think most of us will try to get a max return, as it was our money already, and we are not trying to pay as much to the government when they already took it.
Yes, paying for financial education is a worthy sunken cost, IMO.

Can these things be the root of doing bad things? Absolutely. Does doing these things make us evil. not necessarily. But it definitely can lead to it.

So I guess I am one of those you refer to in Post #58. But I am not a fan of ownership either, in fact just the opposite I label us all that way.
If most of "us" have a love of money for one reason or another then why are you casting a negative cloud over players with your "camel through an eye of a needle" quote and that having an agent proves they love money plus should otherwise be happy they don't have to get a "real" job? Newsflash for you, thumps: It's real and it's spectacular. Lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So then, you are not interested in your team winning the super bowl. Got it.
I think the answer is more in the middle.

It is the team’s responsibility to manage the budget not the players. And if a players demands hinder the teams ability to build a better team without, then must manage that difficult decision and let the player get paid elsewhere.

I don’t blame the players. Their careers can end on the next snap and teams can basically dump them anytime.