Me, the "Fanboy," I'm done with the sideshow

CWR

Reaction score
This is why I don't care if they resign Dak or not. If you're going to give a QB a 3rd contract, you have to support him. They're not going to do that. We don't compete with the teams that try to stack the deck.
Exactly, and then there's the part of me that realizes even if we don't sign him and save a bunch of cap dollars we are too cheap to actually utilize them for better players so whatever. Sign him or don't, I don't really think I care.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
Money isnt the issue for teams. The salary cap is determined by TV deals (and other minor stuff).

So the money teams spent on player salaries does not theaten teams in any way. The way The tv income climbs, so do salaries of players. It is a great situation to be in as a nfl franchise - and it was installed by nfl franchises. What a great situation to be in.

Also the way the worth of nfl franchises grow is so much bigger than player salaries grow. 10% of 10 mils a year is negletable compared to 10% of 7 billions a year.

nfl franchises have created the golden cow. They just have to melk it. They have essentially no risk at all.

dont misunderstand me i hate todays players: "more more more, i want more money". There is nothing left of the good old "for the love of the game".

But id never take the side of the owners who are the real cancer of todays nfl.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Money isnt the issue for teams. The salary cap is determined by TV deals (and other minor stuff).

So the money teams spent on player salaries does not theaten teams in any way. The way The tv income climbs, so do salaries of players. It is a great situation to be in as a nfl franchise - and it was installed by nfl franchises. What a great situation to be in.

Also the way the worth of nfl franchises grow is so much bigger than player salaries grow. 10% of 10 mils a year is negletable compared to 10% of 7 billions a year.

nfl franchises have created the golden cow. They just have to melk it. They have essentially no risk at all.

dont misunderstand me i hate todays players: "more more more, i want more money". There is nothing left of the good old "for the love of the game".

But id never take the side of the owners who are the real cancer of todays nfl.
Yeah, that's the truth of it. There aren't very many likeable characters in the whole play. We tend to take sides and no matter what, you're siding with one rich guy over another. Not that these guys aren't earning their money. It's just the old "love of the game" type are nearly extinct. It's all business and glory is a very distant second. Yet, we watch and hope for glory.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is why I don't care if they resign Dak or not. If you're going to give a QB a 3rd contract, you have to support him. They're not going to do that. We don't compete with the teams that try to stack the deck.
Why ?

EDIT: Ah, with "you" you mean those who gave him the contract ? Or do you mean us as fans ?

Still i would like to know your reasons to make such a statement.

To me i dont see any reason to support a player "per se" who is under contract for a team i am fan of. I support players who make my team better. I will criticize those who make it worse.
Neither do i see reasons to support him as the one who gave him a contract. Seriously as the latter i would see myself in a situation where i essentially "bought" the right to criticize him. If not me you invested money in him, then who else ?

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Why ?

EDIT: Ah, with "you" you mean those who gave him the contract ? Or do you mean us as fans ?

Still i would like to know your reasons to make such a statement.

To me i dont see any reason to support a player "per se" who is under contract for a team i am fan of. I support players who make my team better. I will criticize those who make it worse.
Neither do i see reasons to support him as the one who gave him a contract. Seriously as the latter i would see myself in a situation where i essentially "bought" the right to criticize him. If not me you invested money in him, then who else ?
Those who gave him the contract. Us as fans can do as we like. I'll support him when he plays, but I'm not supporting giving him a contract he'll never live up to.

But my point was that 3rd contracts are harder to swallow than 2nd contracts. You need to be confident in that player. Management needs to know what that QB needs. They didn't properly support Romo, and they're not supporting Dak. His big game choking is another matter.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with feelings my friend. He has been trash every step of the way. Could not start in HS until a senior. Only completed 55 passes in his HS career.

Maybe that sounds like a Phenom to you.
Trey must be a marketing genius, to get himself drafted high in round 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did that happen??

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trey must be a marketing genius, to get himself drafted high in round 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did that happen??
Ask Jamarcus Russel.

Accept he actually played a few years in the NFL.

Some GM's get infatuated with a running QB and think, they sky is the limit. However, Trance was never really a QB. He ran the ball more in HS. He only played 1 year in college.

Only completed just over 200 passes in his college career. He was and still is 5 years removed from being a 1 hit wonder in college at a lower level.

Long term project at best.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly, and then there's the part of me that realizes even if we don't sign him and save a bunch of cap dollars we are too cheap to actually utilize them for better players so whatever. Sign him or don't, I don't really think I care.
Not too cheap, too dumb.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, that's the truth of it. There aren't very many likeable characters in the whole play. We tend to take sides and no matter what, you're siding with one rich guy over another. Not that these guys aren't earning their money. It's just the old "love of the game" type are nearly extinct. It's all business and glory is a very distant second. Yet, we watch and hope for glory.
There’s a ton of players who play for the love of the game GTHOH. This is what happens to you when you’re 24x7 negative. You look at everthing with a negative view.