Me, the "Fanboy," I'm done with the sideshow

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
It is still the United States of America. Players and their agents know what they can and can’t do under the terms of the CBA. They also know the penalties for violating the terms of the agreement. Players‘ rights to play in the NFL are owned by the team the player is under contract to, but teams don’t own the player. When a team believes the player’s demands are unreasonable I’m sure they indicate that to the player’s agent and the player returns. It’s only the star players we hear about. CeeDee asking for $32 to $35 million per season has been established by multiple teams. If owners don’t like it they can sell their team. It’s not like Lamb set the price for top receivers.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
These greedy billionaire owners created this cap system. They tied their wagon to this lame horse, so they can deal with it.
The cap makes sense if you want a more stimulating viewing experience.

Owners/GM's are paid to figure out pay for players.

Fans should stop blaming the player because it isnt fair that their market value is "within a cap that affects a team" and because the players are all for other players making as much as they can, there are no locker room issues because of player pay.

You can counter argue with "thats why we are talking about the contracts, because we think the owner/agent are making mistakes". The problem with that is...no one on this board ever wants to talk about the real pressures that GM's have in their decisions...there are multiple variables that constantly get overlooked ON PURPOSE here when blaming and shaming GM's.

If there was an honest discussion...I dont think there would be as much uproar or daily threads with 20 pages of comments about QB and pay...but there doesnt seem to be a market for honest or reasonable talk. Its blame and shame game here.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
It's simple my friend, and I agree with your frustration, but the reality is that managing the cap is far more important than how much money is being paid to any player.
Just take a look at KC for example Mahomes contract and how Mahomes gave KC the best term ever, so who cares about the overall money its all about the term and that allows for future flexibility.
Much like how Tyron Smith gave Dallas the "term". look back now at how they used Tyrons money and term over the years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cap makes sense if you want a more stimulating viewing experience.

Owners/GM's are paid to figure out pay for players.

Fans should stop blaming the player because it isnt fair that their market value is "within a cap that affects a team" and because the players are all for other players making as much as they can, there are no locker room issues because of player pay.
Every business has a cap. NFL gives pretty extravagant budget to team owners. Even hollywood can have overlords that limit spending. Jerry's real problem is not .....being the gm...but his external containment of his spending.
Well okay its both.:)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It goes both ways. CD held up his end of the bargain. He had arguable the best season ever as a WR in Cowboys history. GM Jethro is not even attempting to negotiate with him or his agent. So what should he do?

This is 100% GM Jethro's fault. He had to know what his plan was prior to the draft. He could have traded CD, and received multiple picks. Could have drafted one of the top WR in this draft to replace him and saved $18M this year.

If GM Jethro is surprised by the hold out he is a bigger idiot than I thought.
Your reply is IGNORANT.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I had no idea you were a SB or we Suck fan. But that would explain much .lol

No wonder you’re so supportive of Jethro cause you think everyone suks if they don’t win the SB.

You don’t see the different levels of success and better models to follow if you don’t have a Mahomes.
Bahahahhahahahahaa... using your supposed Levels of success, you should be the biggest Jerry fan boy on this forum

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't get it.

I've been PO'd at Jerry for caving and vastly overpaying mediocre QBs for 15 years. Now he finally sees the light and doesn't buckle and everyone's complaining.
Go figure
Perhaps they’re complaining because it seems he’s in no itching hurry to sign Dak, but hasn’t bothered to fully commit to another quarterback.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really dont feel bad for the teams who cave to holdouts whatsoever. Honestly it should really be as simple as pay em, trade em, or worst case scenario force them into retirement. Teams need to pick a lane and go with it.

My biggest issue with the Cowboys is that the contact issues were not sorted out months ago. Common sense told us from the start of the offseason that Lamb would be making $30M or more per year. Either give him his money or look for a trade before the draft when trading him actually does you some good.
Well said, I agree.

The thing that continues to mystify me about our front office is their clear bad habit of hesitating about what they are doing. As you said Thunder, either decide a player is critical to your future or not. If they are in your plans, you pay them market value. If they are not in your plans, trade them while they have value.

The Cowboys top brass are horrible at having a clear plan then bad at both explaining it, followed by badly executing it. If there’s a plan for this team I challenge anyone to share it. And if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
First off, these guys get generational wealth by default. They just want more and more and more.

And injury risk? There are far more dangerous jobs out there than NFL player that only give ordinary pay.

Trophies in the NFL DO pay bills as in you are going to warrant better pay when you win SBs.
So if players just want more and more and more, and they can get even more if they win Super Bowls, then it seems they'll really try to win Super Bowls with this logic.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah...unfortunately there are highly in tuned agents that provide guidance if not completely negotiate for the player.

I would love to see the negotiation tactics and greed displayed when the owners negotiate with the TV Networks. No one wants to talk about that though.

There is always some back door excuse to place blame on the player..."Players are negotiating within a cap, and greed hurts the team".

Always always ALWAYS an excuse to gyp the player and start the blame and shame game.

My personal opinion is that the agents and owners have figured out, agreed and placed weights on each position in the sport based on impact value to a team...and players are paid according to that. There are rare occasions when there is a GENERATIONAL talent at a weird position that eats into cap where teams dont plan on it(Example = some crazy elite nose guard that no one can block), a rare QB like Mahomes talent...or like with the Cowboys, they are so good at drafting they have multiple positions they have to pay along with a very productive QB....these situations make it hard to pay everyone the Owner/GM want to...but thats their job to figure out. And...not the outsider fans job to place blame on a player for his contract.

I think fans need to curb the money-ball talk. Maybe not curb it...but stop complaining about player pay so much. Telling a player they shouldnt make market value because of team cap is unfair to a player, which is why there are no locker room issues amongst players and their pay. Its outsiders wanting to shame, when they would do what Dak is doing if in Dak's shoes and it was a once in a lifetime job with risk of injury ruining it all.
ok you do know,( i hope so) that even if everyone here at cz complained about dak or cd making too big of a demand, it will have no effect on
the contract they get or if they get it.
Owners are greedy, we all know that too lol.

The problem is if lets say cd wants 35 mil to be highest paid, is that ego a greed?
What if he is offered 32 mil and he turns it down, can he not live good and build a future with the 32 mil a year???

you cant compare these guys to normal people, Joe blow is offered 100 k a year but he wants 110 k !! Odds are he would take the 100k
while the offer was there.
These nfl guys who make even 5 mil a year, are in a whole different world.

Chasing6

Reaction score
ok you do know,( i hope so) that even if everyone here at cz complained about dak or cd making too big of a demand, it will have no effect on
the contract they get or if they get it.
Owners are greedy, we all know that too lol.

The problem is if lets say cd wants 35 mil to be highest paid, is that ego a greed?
What if he is offered 32 mil and he turns it down, can he not live good and build a future with the 32 mil a year???

you cant compare these guys to normal people, Joe blow is offered 100 k a year but he wants 110 k !! Odds are he would take the 100k
while the offer was there.
These nfl guys who make even 5 mil a year, are in a whole different world.
Problem is we are not even making any offers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Problem is we are not even making any offers.
jerry said months ago he would start talking to them when TC was here.
So between july 23 and end of Aug will be when talks occur.

I think if they dont sign dak or lamb during that period, it will be after the season is over.

I also think jones boys have drawn a line in the sand on how much they want to offer dak and lamb, and it is way below what both of those guys want.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You can always tell that some people's personal lives are severely lacking when they are constantly worried about someone else's money.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there’s a plan for this team I challenge anyone to share it.
giphy.gif

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps they’re complaining because it seems he’s in no itching hurry to sign Dak, but hasn’t bothered to fully commit to another quarterback.
I think he's seen there's something to Lance, if not, we'll be in great position to draft a real QB.

I'm hoping in SF Lance was too young, too immature, and it clashed with Shanahans huge ego.

Obviously from what I've gathered, Trey has matured and is putting in the work. We need to see if the raw skills are there and he develops over TC and pre season games .
I'm pretty excited
Somebody has gotten into Jerry's head and he's radically changed his approach. Quinn, Schottenheimer, McClay, and maybe Jimmy, have blown up Jerry's brain.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think he's seen there's something to Lance, if not, we'll be in great position to draft a real QB.

I'm hoping in SF Lance was too young, too immature, and it clashed with Shanahans huge ego.

Obviously from what I've gathered, Trey has matured and is putting in the work. We need to see if the raw skills are there and he develops over TC and pre season games .
I'm pretty excited
Somebody has gotten into Jerry's head and he's radically changed his approach. Quinn, Schottenheimer, McClay, and maybe Jimmy, have blown up Jerry's brain.
Trance is garbage. Still competing for a back up job entering year 4.

rags747

Reaction score
You are a clown if you think I dont understand how it works. Please go back to my post and tell me anything I wrote that shows lack of understanding. Ill wait.

PS, these adds stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely correct! The ads on this site are the most brutal of any site I visit. TEMU seems to be the biggest one. Owner of the site attempting to make some coin while the quality resembles a Chinese flea Mkt. Sad…

Last edited: