***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Elite money is the going rate for a franchise QB these days. No one here complains about the money Dak makes when he plays well and we win. Romo was being paid elite money when he was here. A lower-priced QB will have you picking in the top 10 most years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jerry-stephen.jpg

T-RO

Reaction score
Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,

Vs Giants in 2021:
Brady 30/46 307 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Prescott 22/32 302 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

If you want to zero in on one sample: Dak had higher perc rate, TD rate, lower INT rate. And Dallas scored more.

No Dak isn't Brady. Nobody is, but Dak is top five QB, IMO. Hasn't been same since calf injury. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Vs Giants in 2021:
Brady 30/46 307 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Prescott 22/32 302 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Dak had higher perc rate, TD rate, lower INT rate. And Dallas scored more.

No Dak isn't Brady. Nobody is, but Dak is top five QB, IMO. Hasn't been same since calf injury.
Can you imagine if someone on this site said Dak was a real QB because he beat the Giants lol?

T-RO

Reaction score
Can you imagine if someone on this site said Dak was a real QB because he beat the Giants lol?

The silly meter is spiking in threads all over this forum. All kinds of stupid is getting posted. Rage must vent, I guess. I'm choosing to find entertainment elsewhere for a few days.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watson. Allen. Wentz. Goff. Ryan All got paid franchise type contracts ...Jackson about to get his....... it's the NFL QB market and Wilson hasn't done much since Lynch and elite defense.... Rodgers hasn't been to Superbowl in over 10 years. That leaves Brady and Mahomes......

Twin928

Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

What has he done he has won games well over 500 career record let’s see he was a 4th round pick let’s see the best n only qb we had since romo oh I forgot the most important reason HE WAS UP NEXT HE WAS DUE A CONTRACT *** HE DIDNT SET THE MARKET HE WAS THE NEXT MAN UP

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Like Jerry doesn't have a habit of overpaying players. Sure, Dak is overpaid, but it's not worse than Jerry giving a fortune to D-Law who was starting to decline during his contract year and STILL got paid. And just because Jaylon is no longer here doesn't erase one of the worst contracts of all time. In comparison, Dak is earning his pay.

JBond

Reaction score
Usually, when they win there is not much bad to point out. I don’t get overly excited when a player that is paid millions to do his job, actually does it. When those players make 20-40 million a year, they damn sure better do their job if they don’t want the criticism. For the last several years, I avoid trashing these gutless wonders in the days following a beatdown. I am not vocal at all during those times because several posters here just can’t take it as well as they dish it out. They get their feelings hurt much to easily, which is very common in today’s society.
Old school poster. Appreciate you.

RaZon

Reaction score
So it's...Dak is elite just getting what elite QB's get.

Stafford makes how much, Matt Ryan?

I got my answer, nobody too concerned with we need an offensive like, it's just pay Dak ridiculous $$$$$....cat is single, 40 mill a year, hahahaha!!!!

Got it!

Adios~~~~

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Because of supply and demand.

The demand for good QBs is incredibly high, and the supply is low.

There are several teams in the league right now that would pay Prescott the same contract, maybe even more, to have some semblance of good QB play most of the time.

GINeric

Reaction score
Well?

Let me ask you this.... why has Dak put up numbers in the first 5 years of his career that on 4 other qbs in NFL managed to do??? If what Dak does is so underwhelming, why can't other qbs "underwhelm" on Daks underwhelming level???

I'll wait....

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He got paid market value. Just like Josh Allen did. Just like Deshaun Watson did. The NFL doesn't work like you think it does. No elite QB or even good QB is going to take 20 million less than market value to build a offensive lien. That's Jerry's job not Dak's lol. Daniel Jones is on a rookie deal and what does his offensive line look like?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how these fans are not understanding this. Whether or not he is worth it to you (this comment directed at the posters complaining) doesn't matter, what matters is what the market value is. We can debate for years if Dak is "elite" or not, fine, but he is worthy of being an NFL starter, therefore, he gets paid like one.

RaZon

Reaction score
Let me ask you this.... why has Dak put up numbers in the first 5 years of his career that on 4 other qbs in NFL managed to do??? If what Dak does is so underwhelming, why can't other qbs "underwhelm" on Daks underwhelming level???

I'll wait....

You want to compare Daks first five seasons to Russell Wilsons, trust me.....no ya don't.

As we know Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes were baby sat early on, but when unleashed they were were superior to Dak.

GINeric

Reaction score
You notice how vocal they are after a loss? But during a win you can't find them lol....

Thats because they are COWARDS like I've been saying!!! If you had a hater that could atleast admit when Dak ball out, then I would respect them. But to ONLY say weak negative $h!t when he losses or have a bad game, especially when he his hurried 27 times, sacked 5 times, and had 4 or 5 passes dropped.

Those type of cowards who overlooked things beyond Dak's responsibility are jokes and whimps. I love reading their posts and threads tho, because it reminds me of comics I used to read decades ago. Anyone who can come out to falsely accuse, but hide and can't give props when its due.... they're cowards and it pretty much let you know what type of person they are in real life. They're definitely entertaining tho!!

RaZon

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me figure out how these fans are not understanding this. Whether or not he is worth it to you (this comment directed at the posters complaining) doesn't matter, what matters is what the market value is. We can debate for years if Dak is "elite" or not, fine, but he is worthy of being an NFL starter, therefore, he gets paid like one.

There are 32 NFL starting QB's he is the third best, his pay says so.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak is not elite and most rational fans know this . Others are delusional.
Dak is grossly overpaid and so is zeke . But Dak adds much more value than zeke . Dak is Dak ,a good system QB , if the running game is off or the OL is shaky , Dak cannot carry the team .

Status
Not open for further replies.