***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,
Because our owner is the worst GM in the NFL.
And ya cause its DAK for whatever that's worth!

fivetwos

Reaction score
The thing ya need to be sorry about is because we pay two players way too much we have a subpar offensive line.
Well now I'm sorry that I spent time trying to reasonably answer your question.

Brax

Reaction score
Whatever. Keep lying if it helps your achy breaky heart feel better.
Sad , pathetic, I'll leave you with this, Romo didn't deserve the second extension so no I wasn't a huge Romo fan the last few years and believed Dak deserved to play out 2016 , you hate Romo so much you are the pappy of Romo hate.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

I agree with you. But that's not how it works. QB is the only position that needs to be paid market value. You have to pay your rookie QB market value or set him free. You can't for example say to Baker Mayfield, we'll give you a 3 year, 60 million dollar contract. He won't accept that. He'll go to the open market and get roughly that. Or more. The reason for this is because they are quarterbacks. What other choice do you have?

lukin2006

Reaction score
He wanted to be paid 40 million. He knew it would hamper this teams ability to address other issues…truth is Dak is not capable of carrying a team…he needs elite talent at every position…

RaZon

Reaction score
Well now I'm sorry that I spent time trying to reasonably answer your question.

My bad, sorry my man.
I agree with you. But that's not how it works. QB is the only position that needs to be paid market value. You have to pay your rookie QB market value or set him free. You can't for example say to Baker Mayfield, we'll give you a 3 year, 60 million dollar contract. He won't accept that. He'll go to the open market and get roughly that. Or more. The reason for this is because they are quarterbacks. What other choice do you have?

Come on man, do you really think I don't get all that, I know how it works. BUT.....Dak is not worth that kind of $$$$$$ and all of us know this, so fix how it'd done, yep...it's broke.

This is stupid the way it's going right now, so someday 100 mill a year....ah...market value.

You pay people what they are worth.....to you.

I couldn't do it, knowing I play on a losing team, a single guy needs 40 mill a year, ah....WHY????????? No shoes to buy, no mouths to feed, so just what do ya do with that kind of $$$$$?

Hell, gotta have one of these....

10262672.png

Damn!!!

Dak-Prescott-house-3.jpg

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well?

Quick lesson in finance, the value of something is primarily determined by what somebody is willing to pay for it. Deserve has nothing to do with it. Nobody forced the Cowboys to give Dak a new contract just like nobody forced the Cowboys to pay Zeke after he held out.

So if you want to be mad at somebody, dont be mad at the players, be mad at Jerry for being willing to pay these contracts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sad , pathetic, I'll leave you with this, Romo didn't deserve the second extension so no I wasn't a huge Romo fan the last few years and believed Dak deserved to play out 2016 , you hate Romo so much you are the pappy of Romo hate.
Lies.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Dak is not elite and most rational fans know this . Others are delusional.
Dak is grossly overpaid and so is zeke . But Dak adds much more value than zeke . Dak is Dak ,a good system QB , if the running game is off or the OL is shaky , Dak cannot carry the team .
He's definitely not Rodgers but he doesn't need to be. He just needs a certain level of talent on the offense to be his best. Cooper rescued him in 2018 because he was simply nowhere. His QBR was 55 that year. Incredibly, it's just 51 right now, which indicates that something still isn't quite right with him this year...although FootballOutsiders had him behind only Brady going into the KC game. Strange. That said. There is more than one way to skin the cat. Rodgers hasn't been to a Superbowl since 2010 (10 - 6 that year). He is arguably still the greatest pure talent in the game. The organization has probably not always given him the best on the offensive side because of his heightened efficacy. Something similar happened with Romo after 2008. Once Owens left the stage, the quality of the WRs really went down (until Bryant and Williams arrived)...if you remember the Roy Williams/Miles Austin days. Romo's improvisational skill covered up a few bad things. On third down Roethlisberger and Romo were kings for a few years.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well I'm being honest, even if Dak wins us a superbowl this year, I'd rather have Mahomes or Mac Jones on our team for example. This is NOT a Dak hating post, as I think he is one of the better QBs out there and I don't care at all about what kind of money he takes home. To worry about Cap space is the job of the FO.

I also think Zeke is a really good RB, once again, don't care about his salary. And our Offense line is also among the top in the league. Let's just hope Martin can play for many more years.

We do have the talent, to get to the superbowl and win it. So far noone has been able to truly activate it all at the same time though. Not putting this on MM or KM, but maybe the way Jerry sticks to "his guys", the way the Cowboys are a safe haven for players, once they have gotten their first big contract, probably all that "all eyes on us" thing or whatever is keeping us from taking the crown.

To me the KC loss was / is a big thing, I'm way more disappointed than after the Denver loss. It's just the sad truth, that we are NOT elite (yet?), once again. Come play off time I really hope they'll all have their sh/t together.

RaZon

Reaction score
Quick lesson in finance, the value of something is primarily determined by what somebody is willing to pay for it. Deserve has nothing to do with it. Nobody forced the Cowboys to give Dak a new contract just like nobody forced the Cowboys to pay Zeke after he held out.

So if you want to be mad at somebody, dont be mad at the players, be mad at Jerry for being willing to pay these contracts.

Totally disagree.

Zeke gets how many yards without an offensive line? Dak can't do anything with no protection, you make damn sure that offensive line is solid before anything about you. If you have a brain in your head. You take care of the big guys first, a stud left tackle is far more valuable than any RB.

Gluttony is a sin.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you use my name I expect royalties or else!!!!!!!!!:mad::muttley:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Well?

I'll tell you why. Because the GM...who is NOT a GM...never believed in him properly...and is not a REAL talent evaluator. Why do we know this? The Cowboys wanted Paxton Lynch, who was drafted in the 1st round in 2016. Remember that name? Then they wanted Connor Cook out of Michigan State, who went earlier in the 4th round. Dak was drafted late in the 4th round...with one of our many picks in the 4th round. Then he is 3rd on the depth chart playing behind Romo and Kellen Moore. And the ONLY reason he got in the game is because Moore broke his leg in training camp and Romo got hurt in a preseason game. So Dak HAD to play versus a quality team. And with everyone else hurt...he just kept playing. And did pretty good that year...unless you think 13 - 3, making the playoffs is not pretty good. And if we are not playing against Aaron Rodgers, we go on a decent run in his ROOKIE year. Dak played well enough as a rookie in that playoff game in 2016

Then when it was obvious....or should have been to a REAL GM...he should have thanked his lucky stars that once again he lucked up on a QB in an unconventional manner (late 4th round)...and got great production for ~500k/year...instead of him recognizing the trajectory of this QB and the trajectory of the price for a franchise QB like a REAL GM...he played games with the money and the price kept going up.

Now doe Dak have Aarons arm? No. Does he Brady's overall ability (arm, instincts, 7 SBs)? No! But Dak in my opinion is now landed at Russel Wilson level. And if he had the defense Russell WIlson had in the Legion of Boom days. Dak would be a Super Bowl winner.

So my point is...you can win with Dak. And Dak is a top 7 QB. So just because he is not a top 3 QB...does not mean he does not deserve elite money. Were you making threads about how much money he made when he was winning games and leading us to playoff victories making 500k/year?

For the record...I used to think you could not win with Dak. But Dak has gotten a lot better. And he is plenty good enough The real problem? Garrett! We stuck with Garrett WAY TOO LONG. Dak, like anybody else, can always play better. But the best of Dak is good enough. And we still have everything right in front of us THIS year. Get healthy and let's see this thing through. I believe we will win 12 - 13 games this year. Make the playoffs. And we shall see what happens from there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got paid market value. Just like Josh Allen did. Just like Deshaun Watson did. The NFL doesn't work like you think it does. No elite QB or even good QB is going to take 20 million less than market value to build a offensive lien. That's Jerry's job not Dak's lol. Daniel Jones is on a rookie deal and what does his offensive line look like?
Tieing in all being fond of Romo and his accomplishments with all day detractors....is stupidly week. You just can't help yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.