Mel on Philly sports radio this morning

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mel says it's between Bosa and Elliott for Dallas and he keeps hearing it's Elliott.

He says he's hearing the Chargers like Stanley over Tunsil and they are deciding between Stanley, Ramsey or a trade down at 3. He thinks the Dolphins covet Elliott and may be looking to get to 3 ahead of the Cowboys.

The Ravens will run the card up for Ramsey. Tunsil, his highest rated player, is the slider.

One other noteworthy comment. Jacksonville supposedly is looking at Leonard Floyd at 5.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Mel says it's between Bosa and Elliott for Dallas and he keeps hearing it's Elliott.

He says he's hearing the Chargers like Stanley over Tunsil and they are deciding between Stanley, Ramsey or a trade down at 3. He thinks the Dolphins covet Elliott and may be looking to get to 3 ahead of the Cowboys.

The Ravens will run the card up for Ramsey. Tunsil, his highest rated player, is the slider.

One other noteworthy comment. Jacksonville supposedly is looking at Leonard Floyd at 5.
Well, that pretty much guarantees it will be Bosa. Who is Mel "hearing" from? Does he talk to scouts and personnel guys?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Elliott going at 3Rd overall? But on the board I've read myself he's not a top ten talent....Weird.

DFWJC

Reaction score

The Chargers are in great shape if they like Stanley over Tunsil....especially if they aren't fully fixed on Ramsey.
Free draft picks in a trade down for them. Doubt anyone else is taking Stanley < Tunsil

VACowboy

Reaction score
Good stuff, Risen. Thanks for the recap.

I'd be ecstatic with Zeke at #4, but if Miami wants him that badly, I'll take #13, their second and fifth rounders this week and #1 next year, and then grab Lynch at #13 so I can use the two firsts to trade up for Fournette in 2017. Baltimore loving Ramsey makes me think twice about about passing on him, though.

I heard a couple of different places that SD likes Buckner at #3 over Ramsey. Is Buckner really that good?

Tunsil, Bosa and Ramsey were the "consensus" top-three players in the draft a month ago. The NFL draft is a strange beast.

morasp

Reaction score
Good stuff, Risen. Thanks for the recap.

I'd be ecstatic with Zeke at #4, but if Miami wants him that badly, I'll take #13, their second and fifth rounders this week and #1 next year, and then grab Lynch at #13 so I can use the two firsts to trade up for Fournette in 2017. Baltimore loving Ramsey makes me think twice about about passing on him, though.

I heard a couple of different places that SD likes Buckner at #3 over Ramsey. Is Buckner really that good?

Tunsil, Bosa and Ramsey were the "consensus" top-three players in the draft a month ago. The NFL draft is a strange beast.

This article seems to backup SD/Buckner.

Buckner earned those accolades by posting production that dwarfed his position peers. He recorded 67 pressures in 2015, per PFF. That led all 3-4 defensive ends and was nine more than any other interior lineman. Also filed under absurd: That pressure total was 17 more than the output from former USC standout Leonard Williams in 2014.

The New York Jets selected Williams with the sixth overall pick last spring, and it’s easy to envision a near future with Buckner hearing his name around the same draft territory. Before the Tennessee Titans traded away their first overall pick, there was chatter about the 22-year-old becoming the draft’s top selection, per Jeff Dooley of the Washington Post.

We can put that to rest now after the Los Angeles Rams leapfrogged ahead and will be targeting a quarterback at No. 1. But Buckner still might not escape the top three, as he's an ideal fit to give the San Diego Chargers’ floundering pass rush a swift kick in the rear.

He’ll be the best player available for any 3-4 defense, and the Chargers hold the highest pick (No. 3) among the pass rush-needy teams using that scheme after a season when they finished with just 32 sacks (24th).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...be-the-2016-nfl-drafts-most-complete-defender

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I gotta believe the pick would be Ramsey, but I don't think they feel he will be available at 4. I also believe that if they are thinking EE at 4, they must believe HE IS A 'Special Player'. To be picked at 4, he has be special.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I wonder if Ramsey goes 3, if Cleveland would want to trade up for Buckner. To get ahead of Baltimore/SF who could use a 3-4 end like Buckner.

VACowboy

Reaction score
This article seems to backup SD/Buckner.

Buckner earned those accolades by posting production that dwarfed his position peers. He recorded 67 pressures in 2015, per PFF. That led all 3-4 defensive ends and was nine more than any other interior lineman. Also filed under absurd: That pressure total was 17 more than the output from former USC standout Leonard Williams in 2014.

The New York Jets selected Williams with the sixth overall pick last spring, and it’s easy to envision a near future with Buckner hearing his name around the same draft territory. Before the Tennessee Titans traded away their first overall pick, there was chatter about the 22-year-old becoming the draft’s top selection, per Jeff Dooley of the Washington Post.

We can put that to rest now after the Los Angeles Rams leapfrogged ahead and will be targeting a quarterback at No. 1. But Buckner still might not escape the top three, as he's an ideal fit to give the San Diego Chargers’ floundering pass rush a swift kick in the rear.

He’ll be the best player available for any 3-4 defense, and the Chargers hold the highest pick (No. 3) among the pass rush-needy teams using that scheme after a season when they finished with just 32 sacks (24th).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...be-the-2016-nfl-drafts-most-complete-defender

Wow. I had no idea Buckner was that kind of player. Peter King says he may be the best player in the draft. If he's that good, he can play any DL position in any scheme, which makes me wonder why there's no buzz about him around the Cowboys.

morasp

Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea Buckner was that kind of player. Peter King says he may be the best player in the draft. If he's that good, he can play any DL position in any scheme, which makes me wonder why there's no buzz about him around the Cowboys.

I think Avery had a thread that said we like him better than Bosa. There was another thread that said we were trying to keep our interest in one DL player quiet. It's all speculation so who knows.

JBS

Reaction score
If we draft a RB in the top 5 after the last year im going to LOL.

I just can't see it at all.

Ramsey Bosa zeke appear to be the 3 guys...how do you rank those 3?