Mel on Philly sports radio this morning

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Last season we would have drafted Gurley or Melvin had they dropped to us. We ended up having a RB carousel to the point of even bringing Felix Jones in for a workout. I have no doubt that they would strongly consider checking off RB with an elite talent for the foreseeable future. The question becomes who is the odd man out between McFadden, Morris, and Dunbar?

Romotil45

Reaction score
They'd call his bluff and dare him to take Elliott before giving up their 2nd and 3rd.

I been watching Elliott's tape, I can't be the only one not blown away. It feels like a lot of CZ is just jumping on the bandwagon for wanting this guy.

Zeke will be a great player but no way he goes at 4 and no way in hell Miami would trade up to get him. These guys are allowing the media idiots jerk their chain
will be alot of disappointed folks.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
They'd call his bluff and dare him to take Elliott before giving up their 2nd and 3rd.

I been watching Elliott's tape, I can't be the only one not blown away. It feels like a lot of CZ is just jumping on the bandwagon for wanting this guy.

I feel this way about Ramsey and Jack.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a long winded post written out but the goofy side of me did not want to Jinx what I want to happen in this draft so I erased it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mel says it's between Bosa and Elliott for Dallas and he keeps hearing it's Elliott.

He says he's hearing the Chargers like Stanley over Tunsil and they are deciding between Stanley, Ramsey or a trade down at 3. He thinks the Dolphins covet Elliott and may be looking to get to 3 ahead of the Cowboys.

The Ravens will run the card up for Ramsey. Tunsil, his highest rated player, is the slider.

One other noteworthy comment. Jacksonville supposedly is looking at Leonard Floyd at 5.

Fortunately, I like both of the players it's supposedly between for Dallas.

It also appears that Floyd might be liked by teams better than he's been rated.

Gaede

Reaction score
Imagine if all three of our targets were taken right in front of us, Wentz, Goff and Elliot.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I keep hearing that Elliot won't help the defense but when's the last time a player CB/DE/DT picked top 10 take the league by storm not named Watt?

However with EE you not only get the safest pick in our situatiok but the most dynamic player. When's the last time you heard that? He takes the run game from good to great. We know he has the ability aND you put him behind a line that did wonders for McFadden, we become an elite running team that everyone fears.

He keeps the opponents defense off the field and the least likely chance between he, Ramsey, and Bosa to bust. Put me on the EE train.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I keep hearing that Elliot won't help the defense but when's the last time a player CB/DE/DT picked top 10 take the league by storm not named Watt?

However with EE you not only get the safest pick in our situatiok but the most dynamic player. When's the last time you heard that? He takes the run game from good to great. We know he has the ability aND you put him behind a line that did wonders for McFadden, we become an elite running team that everyone fears.

He keeps the opponents defense off the field and the least likely chance between he, Ramsey, and Bosa to bust. Put me on the EE train.

Hope you not too disappointed. Jerry's not going to pay a RB 26 mi guaranteed which would make him in the top ten highest paid RB's in the league before he takes one carry. Especially when he already has a guy in a contract yr that rushed for 1000 yrds last year and he is only getting paid .4 mil guaranteed and 1.5 mil a yr. It's not going to happen.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hope you not too disappointed. Jerry's not going to pay a RB 26 mi guaranteed which would make him in the top ten highest paid RB's in the league before he takes one carry. Especially when he already has a guy in a contract yr that rushed for 1000 yrds last year and he is only getting paid .4 mil guaranteed and 1.5 mil a yr. It's not going to happen.

But he will give that money to a guy who refused to take a drug test in college? Jerry is known for not doing what everyone expects him to do. We get it. You dont want Elliott. Thats fine, but stop using money as a reason they wont draft him. It doesnt matter who they draft there. The money will be the same.

Romotil45

Reaction score
But he will give that money to a guy who refused to take a drug test in college? Jerry is known for not doing what everyone expects him to do. We get it. You dont want Elliott. Thats fine, but stop using money as a reason they wont draft him. It doesnt matter who they draft there. The money will be the same.

Don't kid yourself Zeke is no choir boy I'm sure smoked a little pot and taken some molly. And please don't tell me how to post that's not good form. If you don't have a good answer to the argument at least admit to yourself that its a good argument.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Don't kid yourself Zeke is no choir boy I'm sure smoked a little pot and taken some molly. And please don't tell me how to post that's not good form. If you don't have a good answer to the argument at least admit to yourself that its a good argument.

IT isnt a good argument. You are literally going around telling everyone we arent taking Zeke. Literally, every Zeke post you have something to say about why we arent taking him. Usually the money is your focal point. At the end of the day, from what everyone is hearing Zeke and Ramsey are the picks. The coaches dont even like Bosa. Zeke didnt get CAUGHT doing anything. All it is at this point is speculation. Bosa got CAUGHT. Your argument makes literally no sense, because it doesnt matter who we pick at 4 they are making the same amount of money. You think they want to spend that on a player who doesnt even know where hes going to play position wise? Or a guy who refused a drug test? Or a guy who is arguably the safest pick next to Tunsil in the draft? I think you may be the one who is disappointed.

Romotil45

Reaction score
IT isnt a good argument. You are literally going around telling everyone we arent taking Zeke. Literally, every Zeke post you have something to say about why we arent taking him. Usually the money is your focal point. At the end of the day, from what everyone is hearing Zeke and Ramsey are the picks. The coaches dont even like Bosa. Zeke didnt get CAUGHT doing anything. All it is at this point is speculation. Bosa got CAUGHT. Your argument makes literally no sense, because it doesnt matter who we pick at 4 they are making the same amount of money. You think they want to spend that on a player who doesnt even know where hes going to play position wise? Or a guy who refused a drug test? Or a guy who is arguably the safest pick next to Tunsil in the draft? I think you may be the one who is disappointed.

I don't have a pet cat in this draft. I would like a trade down but its not looking good at this point. When you have 2 DE's likely on suspension for 4 games a DE is a responsible pick if no trade back. Zeke at 4 is not a responsible pick the media are just trying to boost ratings none of them actually believe Dallas goes with Zele at 4 don't let them jerk your chain. If Jerry does take the bait and take Zeke at four he would get ridiculed by they same media idiots.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't have a pet cat in this draft. I would like a trade down but its not looking good at this point. When you have 2 DE's likely on suspension for 4 games a DE is a responsible pick if no trade back. Zeke at 4 is not a responsible pick the media are just trying to boost ratings none of them actually believe Dallas goes with Zele at 4 don't let them jerk your chain. If Jerry does take the bait and take Zeke at four he would get ridiculed by they same media idiots.

Ridiculed for what? IS there no DEs left after the first round or am i missing something? I think personally he would get ridiculed more for making a draft choice based on his 2 DE's being suspended. Thats the definition of knee jerk.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine if all three of our targets were taken right in front of us, Wentz, Goff and Elliot.

We'd have to settle for the number one defender on our entire draft board. Or trade back with a team that want's Tunsil. I could live with either of those outcomes quite happily.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Ridiculed for what? IS there no DEs left after the first round or am i missing something? I think personally he would get ridiculed more for making a draft choice based on his 2 DE's being suspended. Thats the definition of knee jerk.

I disagree Dallas needed a DE before two DE's went on 4 game suspensions. The media try to bait guys all the time like when they baited Zeke to throw his coaching staff under the bus when he only got 12 carries in a losd. Alas Zeke took the bait that concerns me more than Bosa refusing to take a drug test.