Mel on Philly sports radio this morning

Romotil45

Reaction score
To be fair, Zeke's own teammates came out and said his house with Bosa had a reputation.

The fact that Bosa, a self proclaimed EDM kid (I went to a d1 school and live in Austin. Haha i know the crowd) and who posted tweets like "rave rave rave", took it upon himself to move out of the house he shared with Ezekiel because it was detrimental to his future isn't really "speculation". That happened.

Yeah, college kids gonna party, and I have 0 doubt they made the most of college. I don't care really, but Zeke is just as big a "risk" as Joey. The fact Joey had to move out of the house might make him more so.

I don't know then personally enough to say one way or another, just putting that out there.

The fact Joey had to move out of the house might make him more so.

How in the world could you come to that conclusion. Why would Bosa be more of a risk because he was mature enough to know he had to remove himself from a party drug environment ? I'm much more concerned with Zeke than I am Bosa. And I know more than a few that agree with me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The rest of the league, but very especially the Chargers.

I doubt the rest of the league will be laughing. Why would they? That would presume the rest of the league would pass on him if they had the number #4 pick, and there's absolutely no way of knowing that.

I can tell you one thing: If we have a triple threat of Dez, Romo and Zeke, combined with our offensive line, and they reduplicate the 2014 season, they league won't be laughing at all.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I doubt the rest of the league will be laughing. Why would they? That would presume the rest of the league would pass on him if they had the number #4 pick, and there's absolutely no way of knowing that.

I can tell you one thing: If we have a triple threat of Dez, Romo and Zeke, combined with our offensive line, and they reduplicate the 2014 season, they league won't be laughing at all.

Yes they will laugh if Miami gives up picks to move up to 3 to take Zeke and pays him 30mil plus in guaranteed money not only will they laugh but the GM would loose his job. We don't need Zeke to do well in TOP we were within 1 min of 2014 TOP in 2015. If Murry had started all 16 games he would have ran for 1300. We do not need to take Zeke at 4.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes they will laugh if Miami gives up picks to move up to 3 to take Zeke and pays him 30mil plus in guaranteed money not only will they laugh but the GM would loose his job. We don't need Zeke to do well in TOP we were within 1 min of 2014 TOP in 2015. If Murry had started all 16 games he would have ran for 1300. We do not need to take Zeke at 4.

First, we don't know what Murray would have done. So let's not state a hypothetical as a certainty.

Second, time of possession is irrelevant if it doesn't lead to scoring. Keeping the ball for four minutes and not scoring is problematic because it reduces your chances to score, particularly if the other team scores. Darren McFadden had three (3) rushing touchdowns the entire season. THREE!!!
We lost six games by a total of SEVEN (7) points or less. If Darren McFadden were as prolific in getting into the end zone as he was amassing yardage, then maybe we would have won more games.

I believe Elliott will not only put up big numbers as far as rushing yards but will also put the ball in the end zone.

Third, if you're saying that the league would laugh at the Dolphins for jumping up to the third to take Elliott, I doubt that, but that's not necessarily the same as the Cowboys taking Elliott with the #4 pick. Moving up for him is one thing. Taking him because you can't find a trade-down partner yet feeling he is the best player on the board (and I believe many teams do think Elliott is the best back of this class and may be the player who will make the greater impact this year) is another.

Romotil45

Reaction score
First, we don't know what Murray would have done. So let's not state a hypothetical as a certainty.

Second, time of possession is irrelevant if it doesn't lead to scoring. Keeping the ball for four minutes and not scoring is problematic because it reduces your chances to score, particularly if the other team scores. Darren McFadden had three (3) rushing touchdowns the entire season. THREE!!!
We lost six games by a total of SEVEN (7) points or less. If Darren McFadden were as prolific in getting into the end zone as he was amassing yardage, then maybe we would have won more games.

I believe Elliott will not only put up big numbers as far as rushing yards but will also put the ball in the end zone.

Third, if you're saying that the league would laugh at the Dolphins for jumping up to the third to take Elliott, I doubt that, but that's not necessarily the same as the Cowboys taking Elliott with the #4 pick. Moving up for him is one thing. Taking him because you can't find a trade-down partner yet feeling he is the best player on the board (and I believe many teams do think Elliott is the best back of this class and may be the player who will make the greater impact this year) is another.

Zeke is not going at 3 or 4. Just not going to happen. He will go 8-15.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score

None of us know anything on the subject for certain.

The NFL has widely deteremined that RBs aren't worth a top 5 pick, based on the past drafts. A team not only bucking that trend, but trading up to do it, would stick out. In my opinion, in a bad way. Hence the laughter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
None of us know anything on the subject for certain.

The NFL has widely deteremined that RBs aren't worth a top 5 pick, based on the past drafts. A team not only bucking that trend, but trading up to do it, would stick out. In my opinion, in a bad way. Hence the laughter.

Fans have one line of thought; NFL clubs another. Again, I doubt anyone in the league will be laughing if a team selects EE high in the draft.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Fans have one line of thought; NFL clubs another. Again, I doubt anyone in the league will be laughing if a team selects EE high in the draft.

It's the NFL clubs who are paying and drafting these guys. You think the Patriots would ever trade up to draft a RB top 3? Of course not.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's the NFL clubs who are paying and drafting these guys. You think the Patriots would ever trade up to draft a RB top 3? Of course not.

But the Patriots are a different organization. And that doesn't mean they'll laugh at another organization that does - which I thought was the issue here.

Oh, and the Patriots don't have a first round pick so they're not going to be trading up at all in the first round. :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes we will and I will be glad when its over.

In a way I will and in a way I won't. There's an excitement and an anticipation surrounding pre-draft hype and speculation.

After the draft - depending on who was selected - that dies down considerably and takes the form of anticipating how your draft class will perform on the field.

But I don't think that compares to the endless scenarios, speculations and mock drafts that seem to captivate us in the pre-draft season. :)

Romotil45

Reaction score
In a way I will and in a way I won't. There's an excitement and an anticipation surrounding pre-draft hype and speculation.

After the draft - depending on who was selected - that dies down considerably and takes the form of anticipating how your draft class will perform on the field.

But I don't think that compares to the endless scenarios, speculations and mock drafts that seem to captivate us in the pre-draft season. :)

People thinking Zeke should go at 4 or believe Miami would trade up to get him nonsense will stop which will be a great relief to me.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Mel says it's between Bosa and Elliott for Dallas and he keeps hearing it's Elliott.

He says he's hearing the Chargers like Stanley over Tunsil and they are deciding between Stanley, Ramsey or a trade down at 3. He thinks the Dolphins covet Elliott and may be looking to get to 3 ahead of the Cowboys.

The Ravens will run the card up for Ramsey. Tunsil, his highest rated player, is the slider.

One other noteworthy comment. Jacksonville supposedly is looking at Leonard Floyd at 5.

I wonder how this Mel prediction jives with the press conference today where it was all Ramsey all the time.