Mel on Philly sports radio this morning

Romotil45

Reaction score
I cant believe you actually are arguing this point. Have a good day.

No body believes Zeke is a choir boy but we do know he has been baited by the media before. I hope he had learned his lesson I hope Bosa has too. If we used drug use as a criteria to eliminate players it would eliminate 90% of the draft but how many allow themselves to be baited by the media and throw there coach under the bus ? Not many because they know better. That's what concerns me.

garyv

Reaction score
Dolphins love Zeke. Maybe they will get scared and off up the holy grail in order to get Zeke.

Yes the Dolphins do love Zeke and read Mel Kiper stated the Dolphins may try to get to #3 hmmmmmmm

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There is top tier talent available in thr second round. That won't get suspended in their second year. Butler, Dodd etc

I'm not sure what his suspension was for but his response to it is one of the more remarkable responses I've seen. He moved out from Zeke's place to get away from the limelight on his own. He isolated himself on his own and readjusted who was in his life and shortened his circle.

This happened last summer and demonstrates his method to correct mistakes he has made. That was when he was 19 years old and he is making incredibly mature decisions to remove himself from that hype and adulation.

Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone makes fundamental life altering changes unilaterally when they are 19 years old to correct them.

igtmfo

Reaction score
Will McClay since 2014 (and Ciskowski in 2013) running the drafts - days one and two of draft - have done good recent years. No busts.

It's day 3 that we've sucked mostly. ..

So gimme gimme more Day 1 and Day 2 picks.

But Thomas Rawls nearly came to Cowboys as a priority UDFA but picked the champions instead for same or less bonus. It was us or them.

It shows you that if you even have an extra 7th rounder - you **could** get a Rawls, or a Taylor Heinecke etc., not try to out sweet-talk another team for that player ..

If agents think their client can't make the team (lets say you are agent of an OL this year) you won't get steered to the Cowboys. ... If we draft RB or QB kind of high, agent won't steer their sort of sleeper good UDFA RB or QB to you. ... That's why I say even the day 3 picks are valuable, if you a) have a bunch of them and b) could pick them and we can't seem to the last few years.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm not sure what his suspension was for but his response to it is one of the more remarkable responses I've seen. He moved out from Zeke's place to get away from the limelight on his own. He isolated himself on his own and readjusted who was in his life and shortened his circle.

This happened last summer and demonstrates his method to correct mistakes he has made. That was when he was 19 years old and he is making incredibly mature decisions to remove himself from that hype and adulation.

Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone makes fundamental life altering changes unilaterally when they are 19 years old to correct them.

I agree, thats incredible he was able to do that. Problem is, once the NFL lifestyle takes hold, we dont know what will happen. That one red flag combined with 26 million dollars doesnt bode well.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I agree, thats incredible he was able to do that. Problem is, once the NFL lifestyle takes hold, we dont know what will happen. That one red flag combined with 26 million dollars doesnt bode well.

From what I've heard about Zeke 26 mil and NFL lifestyle might not be good for him either. My point is that could be said about any kid at the top of the draft none of them are choir boys.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
You have to be kidding me. You are actually saying GMs draft players knowing they will most likely get suspended at some point and would rather draft someone that has a history of drug use as opposed to someone that threw their coaches under the bus, after a loss, when he is extremely emotional, and demonstrates he just wants to WIN? Yeah congratulations on having the most ridiculous statement on the internet today, and thats saying a lot.

Really? See Randy Gregory Demarcus Lawerence.

Smoking weed doesn't matter. A very large portion of every NFL roster smokes weed. The coaches know it, the owners know it, Roger Goodell knows it - and none of them care. MDMA probably matters less, because it is only testable a few days after usage. Now, being addicted to either substance is a different story.

Randy Gregory did not fall on draft day because he smoked wee. He fell because he failed a combine drug test. NFL players are given a heads up when a test is coming. They need to be able to pass those tests. A player failing a drug test at the combine is a clear sign that it could be an issue for them to do so.

Demarcus Lawerence failed for Adderall, so he's not really relevant to the conversation. He essentually used it as a PED or used it to mask PEDs.

NFL teams are looking to see if players are going to have trouble passing drug tests, which is different than looking for players how have taken drugs. That's the point the poster was making, and I agree with him. Does anyone here really believe that Elliot doesn't smoke weed? Or didn't at OSU, at least? Honestly? If you're dinging Bosa for drug use, it only makes sense to also ding Elliot.

As for Bosa's suspension, the team didn't share any details, so we don't know much. But we do know that it wasn't an NCAA test, or Bosa would have been suspsended for the season, most likely.

phildadon86

Reaction score
From what I've heard about Zeke 26 mil and NFL lifestyle might not be good for him either. My point is that could be said about any kid at the top of the draft none of them are choir boys.

Goff, Wentz havent heard anything. Ramsey either. Elliott was just speculation, so your point is invalid and not backed up by any facts. Again, have a good day.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Goff, Wentz havent heard anything. Ramsey either. Elliott was just speculation, so your point is invalid and not backed up by any facts. Again, have a good day.

Everything around Bosa is speculation too. For all we know, he was suspended for grades, a disagreement with a coach, being late to a meeting, etc. We know nothing other than, "violation of team rules."

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Don't beleive anything 72 hours before the Draft.

Lets break it down, the likely choices are Tunsil, Ramsey, Elliot, Bosa and Buckner. Spliting hairs Zeke and Bosa have potential off the field issues Dallas needs to desperately avoid.

Which leaves Buckner, Tunsil and Ramsey. I'd be happy with either of these three. They are all three wonderful prospects at the top of their positional class, really undisputed unless it's pre-draft nonsense.

Concluding that most likely Bucker or Ramsey will be a Cowboy @ #4.

morasp

Reaction score
I just finished watching NFL insiders on ESPN and they all picked the one difference maker they would take out of this draft. Bill Polian whose opinion I respect said Ezekiel Elliot. The former Ravens GM said Sheldon Rankins.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

We have a much better idea than nothing. While he wasn't receiving money in Ohio he was receiving something just as intoxicating after the championship in fame and notoriety.

He's already dealt with having everyone wanting to be his friend and has already set up things to prevent it from being a problem. The support group that is his family that helped him get to that point is part of the package as well.

And if you have that as a red flag then you better pin it on Zeke too.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I just finished watching NFL insiders on ESPN and they all picked the one difference maker they would take out of this draft. Bill Polian whose opinion I respect said Ezekiel Elliot. The former Ravens GM said Sheldon Rankins.

I don't disagree with Polian, but that's not all we should consider.

Lets say it's between Zeke and Ramsey. Zeke gets a 100 grade and Ramsey gets a 95. RB has 10% shorter shelf life. RBs are 10% more likely to end their season on IR. Based on that alone, Zeke is now well below the 95 we gave to Ramsey. That doesn't take into around the fact that replacement production is much easier to find at RB.

Those numbers are far from concrete, but I think they illustrates my point: Being the better player is only part of the equation. Zeke was is a better player than Wentz and Goff too, but he was never in consideration for the 1st pick.

Romotil45

Reaction score

I personally have lost some respect for Polian for suggesting a RB should go top five and suggesting the Cowboys should take him. I think its very irresponsible. Makes me wonder about him.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Who is going to be doing the laughing?

A lot folks. Those who know it is silly to pay a RB 26 mil guaranteed make him a top 10 paid RB in the league before he ever takes a carry when you can get the same production for 1/3 of that just silly.

Romotil45

Reaction score
A lot folks. Those who know it is silly to pay a RB 26 mil guaranteed make him a top 10 paid RB in the league before he ever takes a carry when you can get the same production for 1/3 of that just silly.

Plus they would have to give up picks to get there. If they pull the trigger that GM should get canned.

gmoney112

Reaction score

To be fair, Zeke's own teammates came out and said his house with Bosa had a reputation.

The fact that Bosa, a self proclaimed EDM kid (I went to a d1 school and live in Austin. Haha i know the crowd) and who posted tweets like "rave rave rave", took it upon himself to move out of the house he shared with Ezekiel because it was detrimental to his future isn't really "speculation". That happened.

Yeah, college kids gonna party, and I have 0 doubt they made the most of college. I don't care really, but Zeke is just as big a "risk" as Joey. The fact Joey had to move out of the house might make him more so.

I don't know then personally enough to say one way or another, just putting that out there.