Members that just stopped posting out of the blue

nobody

Reaction score
Me too, in fact a lot of them but the PJG, that's my fellow short bus riders and they're special.

I remember when I first showed up on the old site, I didn't know what I was looking for or exactly why I went there. It looked interesting and my first taste of it was a request to stay on topic. I really didn't not stay on it on purpose or to create a problem. I said what I had to say about that but I still had more to say about other things so why go somewhere else?

I do not blame me, I blame all the members of the PJG for playing with me. I was a class clown in school as early as I can remember but that forum was something new, I was in the presence of a group of class clowns, it was what I imagine Heaven to be like. I felt like a kid going out to recess at school when I went there.

I get some of that here but not like it was when we were at our peak over there. And this site has more elements to it like the sharing of some members about real life tribulations and I really like the humanizing of an internet site.

Ya know, if we're really honest about it, we helped accelerate the closing of the old forum. We were out of hand a lot and when they sent Nurse Ratched in to settle things down, we just got more rowdy and I was a contributor to that.

When I think of the posters missing, Don always comes to mind because he made me laugh all the time. He was our resident mad illustrator and when they took his mailbox away, that was a highpoint. Then he was in some hotel where they refused to give him silverware and him discussing that was hilarious. I do miss that character.

Don also had a habit of putting pics of hot chicks in his signature and getting in trouble for it. Good times.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Me too.

Man, we used to mess around late night on the old site, lots of fun and jeers and sometimes tears. Great people, and I miss the ones who disappeared. Of course, part of it is, I can't stay up that late anymore. Going to work on 4 hours sleep used to be a thing of pride, now it just sucks!!!
Things were great and now it's kinda toxic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Things were great and now it's kinda toxic.
Like everything else that became political. I thought the anger might ebb but it didn't, we are in for a rough ride and it permeates everything. The pandemic certainly hasn't helped and emotions are running on hot with people I've never seen this from before.

Even when they're not angry, there's this malaise that hangs over like this is never going to get better. Not sure we know how to make it better.

It seems that respect for others' opinions is a thing of the past; those with opposing opinions become enemies.

I've been pretty much a loner for the last 10 years but just recently started not to regret that and that is not right. I should not be comfortable being damned near a recluse. Hell, if it wasn't for this site and the various forums and points of view, I might get to thinking my way of thinking is the only way of thinking and G, I already know that is wrong.

How did we arrive at the point where we're mad at people that feel and think differently than we do? My wife used to tell me that I needed patience and tolerance, it seems the country is trying to meet me on my own ground. I have to focus on compassion and that's not right either, I should feel that, not manufacture it.

There used to be a phrase about 30 years ago that we all used and I could say the first part and most people would answer back. "Life sucks"......."and then you die". That was just a saying back then.

ESisback

Reaction score
I remember a year ago, reading some doom and gloom “news” online, along with some rather shocking reports, and felt hope and faith leave my body. I turned here for diversion, but the anger and impatience are everywhere, and words like empathy, humility, accountability, mentoring, perseverance, etc., are becoming antiquated.

The world NEEDS the PJG!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know, maybe if everyone were a truck driver, they'd appreciate the lack of traffic during a pandemic. If they also happened to be misanthropes, they might appreciate not having to meet as many people during a pandemic.

For some reason, the closer we get to being back to normal, the more irritable I get.

As @ESisback said, the world needs the PJG... because we're not normal.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe if everyone were a truck driver, they'd appreciate the lack of traffic during a pandemic. If they also happened to be misanthropes, they might appreciate not having to meet as many people during a pandemic.

For some reason, the closer we get to being back to normal, the more irritable I get.

As @ESisback said, the world needs the PJG... because we're not normal.
Bros before Hos!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Poor @PAPPYDOG spent years telling us Jerry wouldn't extend Dak, some of us told him he was delusional, and he's disappeared. :muttley:

tenor.gif

Whether you wanted Dak extended or not, anyone with a brain cell knew Jerry would do it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Like everything else that became political. I thought the anger might ebb but it didn't, we are in for a rough ride and it permeates everything. The pandemic certainly hasn't helped and emotions are running on hot with people I've never seen this from before.

Even when they're not angry, there's this malaise that hangs over like this is never going to get better. Not sure we know how to make it better.

It seems that respect for others' opinions is a thing of the past; those with opposing opinions become enemies.

I've been pretty much a loner for the last 10 years but just recently started not to regret that and that is not right. I should not be comfortable being damned near a recluse. Hell, if it wasn't for this site and the various forums and points of view, I might get to thinking my way of thinking is the only way of thinking and G, I already know that is wrong.

How did we arrive at the point where we're mad at people that feel and think differently than we do? My wife used to tell me that I needed patience and tolerance, it seems the country is trying to meet me on my own ground. I have to focus on compassion and that's not right either, I should feel that, not manufacture it.

There used to be a phrase about 30 years ago that we all used and I could say the first part and most people would answer back. "Life sucks"......."and then you die". That was just a saying back then.
A divided people is an easier to control people.

kskboys

Reaction score
The virtue signaling, confirmation bias, and pure stubbornness to even attempt to see things from the other's POV are running incredibly rampant right now. Hardly anyone can even post a thought w/o adding some little cheap zinger about the other's beliefs being stupid. It's irrational.

Look at these boards for example. You cannot even mention a weakness of someone's pet cat w/o being met w/ derision and really stupid childishness.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The virtue signaling, confirmation bias, and pure stubbornness to even attempt to see things from the other's POV are running incredibly rampant right now. Hardly anyone can even post a thought w/o adding some little cheap zinger about the other's beliefs being stupid. It's irrational.

Look at these boards for example. You cannot even mention a weakness of someone's pet cat w/o being met w/ derision and really stupid childishness.
Shut up!