Memo to Dak: Sign the damn contract now!

plasticman

Reaction score
If Andy takes the reins and does well, Dak may be sucking wind instead of quan. No other team is going to pay him that much money. Winners of big games
get paid...losers go begging.
I seriously doubt that Dalton will even make the team, he has progressively gotten worse, he has progressively become more injury prone.

And I was always under the impression that when you win more games than you lose you are classified as a winner

Dak is a winner. There is no telling how far the Cowboys could have gone his rookie year if only the defense could have held Rodgers for 35 seconds.

Lets remember he brought the team back in that game from being 18 points down. Losers dont do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton just found a nice soft place to fall on his way to a year of hot tub massages on IR.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Do you know what the demands are? Its public knowledge.

Are you familiar with how a "negotiation" works? Do you understand timing and pressure to get something done?

Nothing has to get done....unless Jerry and Stephen want it to.

They slapped the exclusive tag on Dak and the Jones' at this point really don't have to do a damn thing.

Dak either signs his tag by July 15th and joins his teammates or he doesn't and continues to hold out and in comes Dalton.

It is what it is...do YOU understand?

cern

Reaction score
Agreed. Zeke had us over a barrel, because Alf wasn't enough and TP was completely unproven. Daks situation is entirely different in that Dalton has been signed and if he gets to learn the offense while Dak holds out there's a fair chance Dalton plays well, leaving Dak scrambling to play catch up.
It would be suicide for a qb to hold out and not play for a year. Kirk cousins pretty much established the proper way for dealing with franchise er tags.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Dalton will even make the team, he has progressively gotten worse, he has progressively become more injury prone.

And I was always under the impression that when you win more games than you lose you are classified as a winner

Dak is a winner. There is no telling how far the Cowboys could have gone his rookie year if only the defense could have held Rodgers for 35 seconds.

Lets remember he brought the team back in that game from being 18 points down. Losers dont do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton just found a nice soft place to fall on his way to a year of hot tub massages on IR.

Excellent point, our offensive line was playing out of its mind in 2016 but everyone has to execute, and Dak certainly did. The defense didn't hold up when it mattered most in that game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

They slapped the exclusive tag on Dak and the Jones' at this point really don't have to do a damn thing.

Dak either signs his tag by July 15th and joins his teammates or he doesn't and continues to hold out and in comes Dalton.

Yep, so nothing to complain about. It will work itself out.

However you acted like Dak is asking for unreasonable money which is not the case. The issue is number of years of the contract, not money. Which makes you "uninformed".

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will sign the contract if/when Dak and the Cowboys come to terms on a contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Excellent point, our offensive line was playing out of its mind in 2016 but everyone has to execute, and Dak certainly did. The defense didn't hold up when it mattered most in that game.

Main problem in that game was coaching. Game plan was terrible and end of game clock management was terrible at the end of the first half and the end of the game.

I also believe there was a bad fumble, possibly Dez?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak will sign the contract if/when Dak and the Cowboys come to terms on a contract.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::hammer:

This is nothing more than simple negotiation tactics that will most likely go to the last minute like most of the big signings with Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

By the way...……..Dak is not holding out at the moment. More misinformation.

morat1959

Reaction score

Dak’s won nothing. Your definition of a winner and others differ. Under your premise, 9-7 is all it takes. JJ has trained you well over the last 25 years. There are real winners amongst us who want to win a SB. Dak’s not getting us there unless he’s surrounded by loads of talent.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What sucks is his agent. Daks letting his agent handle this which is what he is supposed to do. People think the demands are coming from Dak.
I just think the money is worked out and it’s the length is the problem. But it makes no sense. Is he wanting a 3 year deal. Or 4. I know he wants to cash in twice. But why the hold up on a difference of a year or 2. The money has to be a issue also some how. Maybe they have time and know it’s all but done.

Silverstar

Reaction score
By the way...……..Dak is not holding out at the moment. More misinformation.

Hey, I would like to apologize for that last post.
Looking at it now....I was kinda rude in my reply.
Stuff is going on at my job and it's affecting me not only financially but in other ways obviously.
I need to take a break from this site for awhile and try to chill out.

Peace

:star:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey, I would like to aplogize for that last post.
Looking at it now....I was kinda rude in my reply.
Stuff is going on at my job and it's affecting me not only financially but in other ways obviously.
I need to take a break from this site for awhile and try to chill out.

Peace

:star:

Its ok buddy, I am certainly not one to be faint of heart. And certainly I don't pull punches on here. Feel free to let your anger out on me. LOL This is where you want to do it, not at home.

I hope things go better with your job and anything else. Hang in there. :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak’s won nothing. Your definition of a winner and others differ. Under your premise, 9-7 is all it takes. JJ has trained you well over the last 25 years. There are real winners amongst us who want to win a SB. Dak’s not getting us there unless he’s surrounded by loads of talent.

What QB is getting you there that isn't surrounded by loads of talent? Is surrounding a QB with loads of talent some kind of difficult task? Shouldn't be.

Coaching is huge in the NFL. That issue appears to be solved.

Its also not Dak's responsibility to get us anywhere. This is a team sport. QB challenged simpletons cant grasp that. Plenty of great QB's in the NFL that don't win the SB every year. Why do you think that is?

CWR

Reaction score
It would be suicide for a qb to hold out and not play for a year. Kirk cousins pretty much established the proper way for dealing with franchise er tags.

Even holding out through the off season would likely be very bad for Dak.

CWR

Reaction score

Agreed Dak is a winner. As for Dalton his team had become garbage so I will withhold judgment until I see him play in Dallas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak to Chicago Trubisky to Dallas win win for both team.
:laugh:
Talk about a cold shower for Dak and absolute nirvana for Trubisky
Not happening, but its an eye-opener and reminder on how great Dak has it here offensively.