Metric-based breakdown of Zeke’s career

vlad

Reaction score
interesting article and breakdown.

I’m not saying I’m right or wrong, I’m just some dude on my couch, but this certainly supports what I’ve always felt about him. I think part if it is I pay no attention to college football so I had no prior knowledge of him.

Anyway I like these data driven articles, be nice everyone.

https://www.bluechipscouting.com/nfl-articles-1/zr/analytics/zekeoverrated

terra

Reaction score

I’m not saying I’m right or wrong, I’m just some dude on my couch, but this certainly supports what I’ve always felt about him. I think part if it is I pay no attention to college football so I had no prior knowledge of him.

same old garbage in a different package. Dak haters and Zeke haters are all a bunch of morons.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nothing new. Most people without Zeke blinders saw this unfolding as it was happening. We are labeled haters. It’s all good. I’d rather have my eyesight than be Stevie Wonder. There is a reason why Zeke diehards use a bunch of anecdotal excuses, because advanced stats don’t back their opinions up.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The mouth breathers won’t understand the information. They’ll revert to oversimplified tenants like “you gotta let him find his rhythm.” Zeke has devolved into a plodding power back that offers little outside of pass protection and short yardage utility.

Sydla

Reaction score

Interesting read. You also have to be blind or a big Zeke fan to not see he's clearly not the same back he was as a rookie. Wear and tear have taken their toll, just like it has to many other RBs. This is why Jerry made the mistake he made giving Zeke that big contract. It would have been tough, but the better call was to call Zeke's bluff and make him sit out.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Interesting read. You also have to be blind or a big Zeke fan to not see he's clearly not the same back he was as a rookie. Wear and tear have taken their toll, just like it has to many other RBs. This is why Jerry made the mistake he made giving Zeke that big contract. It would have been tough, but the better call was to call Zeke's bluff and make him sit out.

We have a disproportionately high number of fans without sight here.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
“I don’t need to know how to read no book to understand that mumbo jumbo article is a bunch of lies from the devil.” — terra

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's easy to see Zeke isn;t and never will be 2016.

Easy to see our O line isn't ether.

Stat: 1.8 ypc.

Reality: 9 carries and a refusal to committ to running game.

I keep asking but you zeke haters refuse to answer: What would Emmitt do with 9 carries a game.

You know you just don't want to say...you know it would destroy your narrative. Emmitt need 25 carries a game to be great. The first 10 weren't so great. We needed to beat them up some....it's CALLED "ESTABLISH the run game".

You never heard of it apparently.

Zeke isn;t and never WOULD be 2016. That was a brief moment in time. He is still a threat....if we use him right and he gets healthy.

If you demand he only runs 10 times a game,,,then sure ditch him and use some other shlub oto get his head bashed in protecting Dak. .

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I keep asking but you zeke haters refuse to answer: What would Emmitt do with 9 carries a game.

You know you just don't want to say...you know it would destroy your narrative. Emmitt need 25 carries a game to be great. The first 10 weren't so great. We needed to beat them up some....it's CALLED "ESTABLISH the run game".

Zeke isn;t and never WOULD be 2016. That was a brief moment in time. He is still a threat....if we use him right and he gets healthy.

If you demand he only runs 10 times a game,,,then sure ditch him and use some other shlub oto get his head bashed in protecting Dak. .

What are you not computing?

Zeke doesn't deserve 25 carries a game. He’s a non-threat.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Not sure why you want to continue bringing Emmitt up. It was a much different game. Let’s compare Zeke to Murray when the games were more similar and the Cowboys had a tendency to abandon the run game. I don’t l know what the stats will show but it certainly is an intriguing comparison.

Sydla

Reaction score

It's always funny when people want to compare situations/TBs that are 30 years apart when the league has changed drastically over that time period.

It's just more rationalizing to try to convince oneself Zeke is still a great RB. He's not. He's not a threat. He's a guy that will pound between the tackles, will rip off few, if any bigger runs, isn't much of a big home run threat in the passing game, but is still a good blocker. That's it.

I need to see the justification for why Elliott needs 25 carries? What leads you to believe he'll become a real big time threat on carries 15-25? There is zero evidence to support that claim.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, their blinders and the pom poms get in the way...

But how dare anyone
What are you not computing?

Zeke doesn't deserve 25 carries a game. He’s a non-threat.

With 9 carries he isn't.

Unless you like Dak. Dak would have been killed by now with Pollard.

How do I know? I know it as well as you know Pollard could be the #1 featured back.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
So sad that Pollard will never be a featured back anywhere…ever.

31 other teams won't start him says something then doesn't it?

He was drafted as he is. Complimentary and quality at that. It's what they tried to do with Felix Jones and it worked to some degree. He just was injury prone where Pollard has shown availability. Pollard isn't a 15 touch a game player. Let alone a 15 carry a game player.

He is replaceable, but Zeke in his first 3 season's isn't. We know it because he hasn't been the same since. We felt it the year he was suspended.

Sydla

Reaction score
But how dare anyone

With 9 carries he isn't.

Unless you like Dak. Dak would have been killed by now with Pollard.

How do I know? I know it as well as you know Pollard could be the #1 featured back.

Yes, Elliott is a better blocker than Pollard. However, at this point, Elliott isnt the better runner.

And therein lies the dilemma. We have a guy who isn't a bell cow type TB in Pollard but the one eating up oodles of cap space to be the bell cow is basically a between the tackles grinder and good blocker.