Micah already tweeted out a response to salary cap increase

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I bet Mahomes wouldn't send the same tweet, and you could write him a blank check and it'd be worth it.

This guy, 0 sacks in 4 playoff games.
Mahomes has been a millionaire his entire life.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's already completed 3 years of a 17 million dollar contract. That would make him a 1%'er in America. If he needs more I guess that's his right but not sure he needs to make it public. Will that tweet get him one more dollar? No but it will get some eyes rolling at him.
He want all his money….

Big_D

Reaction score
It is what it is. All nfl players want to cash in. A championship isn’t the driving force unless you’re maybe on your 3rd contract and still have options at that point.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is exactly the wrong way to respond . Silence is golden Micah. Every time he responds,it only confirms what we think. Trade him while we still can,while the value is high Jerry.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It is what it is. All nfl players want to cash in. A championship isn’t the driving force unless you’re maybe on your 3rd contract and still have options at that point.
He doesn't need to flaunt it. Its bad optics to your boss. This doesn't scream , team oriented player to me,when I see immature and ill advised responses by my employee. Looks punkish

Big_D

Reaction score
He doesn't need to flaunt it. Its bad optics to your boss. This doesn't scream , team oriented player to me,when I see immature and ill advised responses by my employee. Looks punkish
I don’t disagree. Just not something that seems to upset management. More of a fan backlash which is understandable. But the players and the owners know it’s a business and that aspect will always come first.

Swagger

Reaction score
That really isn't the issue though, it continues to be the image these guys give to the public. Most of these guys make insane money in free agency, but they also just let their agents handle that. We don't need the money tweets, nor the podcast bragging about making more money. It comes back to the culture Jerry has created here. Really what these guys are doing is simply an extension of Jerry prioritizing the teams evaluation price and media attention over actually winning a super bowl.

It's actually an area where I'll give Dak some props. As much as I'm not a fan of paying the guy $60M he is easy to root for as a person.
Why is Prescott easy to root for as a person?

Sydla

Reaction score

I've defended Micah from the fans who want to get rid of him or think he's overrated because he's not getting two sacks a game but this is the kind of stuff that makes me tire of him and less likely to defend him in the future.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why is Prescott easy to root for as a person?
Seems like a very good dude, never embarrassed the franchise with his behavior, has done some nice charity work and gotten involved in some mental disease projects, etc.

I wish he was an elite QB. Pair that with how he is as a person, he'd be a historical favorite in Cowboys history. Unfortunately, he's just a good, not great/elite QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
Seems like a very good dude, never embarrassed the franchise with his behavior, has done some nice charity work and gotten involved in some mental disease projects, etc.

I wish he was an elite QB. Pair that with how he is as a person, he'd be a historical favorite in Cowboys history. Unfortunately, he's just a good, not great/elite QB.
A lot of players do the same and some will do more but it's not known.

He strikes me of someone who passed his driving test because he knew how to pass the test even though he doesn't actually know how to drive. He plays quarterback in the same way in my view.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He grew up poor.
But Micah's rich because of Mom and Talkative Terrence the bejeweled brother.

And, let me say I have been rather hard on the Lion chap.
Who would not want more money? I would want extra millions too, then I would buy all here an SI subscription and host a free barbecue for all me Forum Brothers (no to-go plates allowed.)

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
Y’all hate Jerry for caring more about making money than the Cowboys winning but will defend players that act the same way.

Make it make sense.
You can't really fault the players that hard when their own boss has shown where his priorities lie.

The organization has shown for a very long time that making money is their top priority and winning is an afterthought. Shock horror that flows down to the players

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
No one said they'd turn down a pay raise but it's just a bad look to tweet this when your team lost and your side of the ball sucked. I'd say the same thing if it were Dak or CeeDee or any Cowboy.

Does tweeting this get him one more dime? Does it do anything helpful for him? No!

Now if we just won the Super Bowl and he came up big in the playoffs that'd be different, but we failed badly.

No one's even saying he shouldn't get the money, you just don't have to tweet about it.
Perfectly said.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I assume you have an actual basis for this claim. I mean nobody has actually said he is not hard working and none of his teammates have not claimed it and clearly as one of the best in the league nobody else seems to question it. Therefore I assume you have some sort of insider source to demonstrate his seeming lack of work ethic and are not just making it up.
This place is like the Salem witch trials and for some reason a lot of posters have decided Micah is a witch.