Micah already tweeted out a response to salary cap increase

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dude knows he is fixing to hit the jackpot with generational type wealth..........his great, great, great, grandkids will still be living off this new extension Micah is fixing to get.
I would love to start seeing a few super star players gamble on themselves and not extend their contract and hit the open market.

Could you imagine if Mahomes only wanted a year to year deal and refused anything else?

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

Pretty sure most of you guys would complain eating free ice cream.

So, the guy used dollar bill emojis and retweeted something. Does it really mean that much to you?

If you want to fixate on something re: Micah, make it his vanishing act at the end of seasons. I can’t really explain it, other than his tank gets physically spent. He doesn’t pace himself and his frame doesn’t seem to be able to withstand the rigors of the manner in which he plays the position.

I don’t care if he runs his yapper, Tweets, does his podcasts cuz I know he trains hard and he hasn’t done anything illegal. Him stopping these activities will not yield better results on the field.

Hopefully Zimmer will see something or find a way to make Micah perform as well in game 17 as he does in game 1. It’s not for a lack of effort - it’s just not there. Other than that, I’d just let the man be, or maybe Jerry will give you guys your wish and trade him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who gets double teamed as much as Micah? Who is the next closest?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would love to start seeing a few super star players gamble on themselves and not extend their contract and hit the open market.

Could you imagine if Mahomes only wanted a year to year deal and refused anything else?
That would be crazy bro, LOL!

coult44

Reaction score
That just puts more money in the owners' pockets, cuz they sure ain't passing the savings on to us!
The goal of any business is to make profits. You can’t fault the owner.

When minimum wages go up it hurts the customer more than the business owner. But yet people clamor for the wage to go up even more without thinking it’s going to hurt everyone in the long run. It’s the way of the world right now!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And he doesn't have that right?
I dont think anybody is saying Micah doesnt have the right to make as much money as he possibly can, they are just saying that tweeting out dollar sign emojis is kinda a bad look.

It gives the impression (which may not be true at all) that the only thing he cares about is money.

But like you said, he has the right to post on social media "SHOW ME THE MONEY" all day long if he wants, nobody is saying he cant.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I dont think anybody is saying Micah doesnt have the right to make as much money as he possibly can, they are just saying that tweeting out dollar sign emojis is kinda a bad look.

It gives the impression (which may not be true at all) that the only thing he cares about is money.

But like you said, he has the right to post on social media "SHOW ME THE MONEY" all day long if he wants, nobody is saying he cant.
What would rather have an extra few million $'s or a SB ring. Not really that hard of a decision when it is your money.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What would rather have an extra few million $'s or a SB ring. Not really that hard of a decision when it is your money.
Unfortunately, in this day and age most players are more concerned with maximizing their earnings compared to anything else.

Dak (like he did in his last negotiation), Zeke (who held out), Lamb (says on podcast his goal is to be highest paid WR in the league), Micah (tweeting out dollar sign emojis), ect....

Nobody is going to give us a hometown discount, if they win a ring along the way, great, but not at the expense of their own contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in this day and age most players are more concerned with maximizing their earnings compared to anything else.

Dak (like he did in his last negotiation), Zeke (who held out), Lamb (says on podcast his goal is to be highest paid WR in the league), Micah (tweeting out dollar sign emojis), ect....

Nobody is going to give us a hometown discount, if they win a ring along the way, great, but not at the expense of their own contract.
That is also a reflection of GM Jeruh since he has been a GM. It started off with him buying Superstars with no salary cap. It has not changed since then. All the stars in Dallas now they will reset the market. That is what Jeruh does. Why would any of them expect any different.

Maybe this is the holistic revelation that GM Jeruh is talking about. Maybe he has finally figured it out that is not how you build a SB team.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
There is a lot of just “shut up and play ball ” in this thread.

How about some of these grown adults stop being Groupies, and let a 24 yr old be a 24 yr old.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have a novel idea, stop raising the cap. It’s not like these guys are fighting inflation :muttley:
or give more of it (the cap) to retired and older players, who didnt make millions per year.
Heck in 1992 1 million per year was a big deal !!!!!!!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Y’all hate Jerry for caring more about making money than the Cowboys winning but will defend players that act the same way.

Make it make sense.
Jerry is a multi-billionaire they are millionaires there is a huge difference Jerry's the guy that buys the yacht they're the guys that go for a ride on it.

In Jerry's case how much is enough. He could at least be charitable enough at this stage of his life to throw us fans a bone and build a real team that can get to a championship

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jeruh is not getting a penny from me any time soon.
he's getting your time. He appreciates your dedication to his moves and decisions about the team. He loves how you are on here defending his choker QB. he doesn't need your money, he's got your dedication and your time. He loves you.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
I know this is the reality of the league and have no problem with the idea that guys are going to get their money as the cap continues to go up, but why does that need to be the image a guy like Micah wants to put out there to the public? Just like Lamb talking about making more millions on Micahs podcast. That's fine, but at least humor us fans that maybe....just maybe winning could actually mean something.
Because he's not very smart that's why. have you seen public schools in the past twenty years?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dallas cap now at -9 Mill.

That 10 million bump helped.

Btw, I believe teams are obligated to spend 90 percent of the cap each season.

Desperado

Reaction score
Doesn’t bother me at all that a player is happy about cap increases. A rising tide lifts all boats. Every NFL player is happy about it.