Micah already tweeted out a response to salary cap increase

Staubacher

Reaction score
Please trade this guy and let him be some other teams problem.

You think anyone would be listening to his podcast or covering his every tweet if he played in Jacksonville or Minnesota ? Nope. He has yet to play great for a whole season. He has faded at the end of his first 2 seasons.

He seems more interested in being a celebrity know-it-all.
When he threw shade at Njoku for being a "Cleveland Brown" he showed me once and for all what a clueless clown he was. And Njoku acted like a man and put it right back on Micah and he backed down and giggled.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Folks stalk players either at an airport or via social meadia, but then

turnaround and say they “they talk too much” :lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Top 10 NFL Jersey Sales From 2023 Season

• Micah Parsons, LB, Dallas Cowboys
  • Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
  • Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
  • T.J. Watt, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
  • Christian McCaffrey, RB, San Francisco 49ers
  • Tyreek Hill, WR, Miami Dolphins
  • Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
  • Justin Jefferson, WR, Minnesota Vikings
  • Aaron Rodgers, QB, New York Jets

Jayinem

Reaction score
People either have the dog in them or they don't. He's very talented but he don't.

I don’t know why some get so defensive about the obvious fact he talks a lot and has yet to back it up when it matters most.
He's the Dak of the defense. He'll average 2 sacks a game against Washington and 0 against San Francisco.

It's a fair point though he does get held but just have to play through that. If he's being held every single down that's on the Cowboys organization to send that to the league and complain if it's never being called. I don't think he's being held all game but occasionally.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's the Dak of the defense. He'll average 2 sacks a game against Washington and 0 against San Francisco.

It's a fair point though he does get held but just have to play through that. If he's being held every single down that's on the Cowboys organization to send that to the league and complain if it's never being called. I don't think he's being held all game but occasionally.
It is on GM Jeruh, for not having another player that can consistently win 1 on 1. If Micah is doubled and triple teamed, some one should be winning.

Get a legit DT that can stop the run and collapse the pocket. Then our D will be fun to watch again.

Smashin222

Reaction score
I have a novel idea, stop raising the cap. It’s not like these guys are fighting inflation :muttley:
in the same breath dudes will curse Jerry Jones as a greedy idiot and fight to put more money in his pocket because they don't like the players getting compensated.

Chasing6

Reaction score
in the same breath dudes will curse Jerry Jones as a greedy idiot and fight to put more money in his pocket because they don't like the players getting compensated.
This makes no sense. Jeruh is not playing seasons significantly under the cap and saving money for himself.

Jeruh is a poor GM. In 2023 we had almost 9% of our cap in dead money. We will have dead money this year with Gallup. Let's continue to give big contract to players coming off of big injuries. Then let's trade good players(Cooper) for Pennie's on the $.

We also gamble consistently on injured players in the draft. Stop gambling on high risk high reward players. Most GM's prefer a low flow with a high ceiling.

We desperately need an impact DT. We have no idea on how to draft one. Spend some money on a proven impact free agent.

Staubacher

Reaction score

And as much as I crack on Dak at least he shows some decorum and is not the motormouth Micah is.

Jayinem

Reaction score
And as much as I crack on Dak at least he shows some decorum and is not the motormouth Micah is.
He wouldn't tweet something like this but he has made comments like before his first extension about getting the most money he can get so that the next Quarterbacks continue to increase how much they get, or something like that. He certainly has not taken any discounts except for of course his rookie contract where he made nothing. But that was non-negotiable.

This was in 2020.

Being tied for the highest-paid player in NFL history isn’t enough for Dak Prescott.

He wants more.

Prescott, who’s won one playoff game in his four NFL seasons, has turned down a historic contract offer from the Cowboys worth $175 million over five years.

That’s according to former NFL quarterback Chris Simms of Mornings of NBC Sports and host of Pro Football Talk Live during an appearance on Dallas radio station 105.3 KRLD-FM.

Simms said Prescott turned down a deal that would have been worth an average of $35 million per year, which would match Russell Wilson’s average or $35 million per year signed a year ago.

I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” Simms said. “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to the five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to kind of cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now and I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere north of $45 million in that fifth year and again I just want to say take the $35 million a year, you’re the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, your life is not going to be that much different if you have $175 million in the bank as compared as $185 million. In fact, it’s not going to be different at all. Unless you’re looking to make gold-plated bathroom toilets or something like that. I do think he’s worth it, he’s a franchise quarterback in my opinion, and he has a lot of the intangibles that make you feel that way as long as what he does on the field.
Prescott and the Cowboys have been trying to agree on terms of a long-term deal, but for now the Cowboys used their franchise tag, which would pay him $31.4 million for 2020.

starman22

Reaction score
99.99999% of top end FAs want to get the best contract they can get.

Acting like the Cowboys players are the only ones who should take a home discount and if they do not they are terrible is frankly idiotic.
I don't think that is what most people are thinking, but why would you use your podcast to talk about the millions more you are going to make. Does he really think that this will make his fans like him more? Most fans aren't millionaires and would like to see these guys accomplish more on the field than in their bank accounts.

I wish we didn't know any of these players salaries, it would make it easier to root for them. It comes off as greedy and it seems to show where their priorities lie.

starman22

Reaction score
It's simple. The Cowboys can afford him or they can't.

The reason these players and their families cry or show emotion when getting drafted isn't because they've dreamt of championships. They've dreamt about the life-changing money about to be made.
Nail on the head right there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's simple. The Cowboys can afford him or they can't.

The reason these players and their families cry or show emotion when getting drafted isn't because they've dreamt of championships. They've dreamt about the life-changing money about to be made.
The Cowboys can afford whatever they want. Problem is you don't have a team with 4 or 5 players taking up 50% of your salary cap.

starman22

Reaction score
Top 10 NFL Jersey Sales From 2023 Season

• Micah Parsons, LB, Dallas Cowboys
  • Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
  • Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
  • T.J. Watt, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
  • Christian McCaffrey, RB, San Francisco 49ers
  • Tyreek Hill, WR, Miami Dolphins
  • Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
  • Justin Jefferson, WR, Minnesota Vikings
  • Aaron Rodgers, QB, New York Jets
Looks like CD may not get a big contract after all.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Doesn't excuse the superstar
I’ve advocated we trade him for a bundle of premium picks, if possible. But he’s still a really damn good player so if we can keep him without some ridiculous contract that would also be good. The fact that he is a loudmouth doesn’t detract from his skill, nor does the fact that the Cowboys just suck as a team in the playoffs so it’s difficult to find positives there, even from our superstars.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have a novel idea, stop raising the cap. It’s not like these guys are fighting inflation :muttley:
The salary cap is tied to a set percentage of overall league revenue, as agreed to in the CBA.

When league revenue goes down (like during peak Covid years) the salary cap went down.

When league revenue goes up (like this year from streaming rights, new Youtube deal, Amazon deal, Ceaser's sports book deal, draft kings deal, ect....) the salary cap starts to ballon.

Nobody is doing any of this just to be nice and kind, the owners want to keep as much money as possible and the players want to make as much money as possible, so they mutually agreed to tie the salary cap to overall league revenue in the CBA.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The salary cap is tied to a set percentage of overall league revenue, as agreed to in the CBA.

When league revenue goes down (like during peak Covid years) the salary cap went down.

When league revenue goes up (like this year from streaming rights, new Youtube deal, Amazon deal, Ceaser's sports book deal, draft kings deal, ect....) the salary cap starts to ballon.

Nobody is doing any of this just to be nice and kind, the owners want to keep as much money as possible and the players want to make as much money as possible, so they mutually agreed to tie the salary cap to overall league revenue in the CBA.
I know how it works, was just being facetious.