Micah calls out refs on the eve of our big game

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This was my fear for him, i.e., that the Dallas Cowboy culture would get to him. :(
You don't call out referees publicly.
What you do is before game time, you joke with them then say, "Watch No. 76. I wouldn't be surprised if you found a box of my jewelry in his dresser drawer he likes to yank my neck so much."
That's what Peyton and Brady did/do.
Work on your subtle game, Micah.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Its frustrating for him, he gets held every other play and gets no calls, but he really should be smarter, he is putting a bullseye on this D for the already bad officiating.

One bad call can really change the game as that ineligible man flag in the red zone did for Seattle yesterday.
Disagree. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. How often did Brady scream at refs on the field. And then he got calls. When coaches go nuts on a call to the refs, they end up getting a future call. Human nature. If the refs know everyone’s going to be looking at Micah’s rushes, they will look closer.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Well actually was quite impressed with the talent level, tenacity, and motivation of the 49ers throughout that game. Kinda reminded me of the Cowboys back in the early 90s .
Right now as it stands, I think they are the team to beat.
They look like a sound team all around, for me is just the Purdy cinderella story that don't quiet fit. I can't believe defensive coordinators are not giving him a harder time, he looks too comfortable back there. Hope that if we get that far and face them we are able to pop his bubble.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Disagree. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. How often did Brady scream at refs on the field. And then he got calls. When coaches go nuts on a call to the refs, they end up getting a future call. Human nature. If the refs know everyone’s going to be looking at Micah’s rushes, they will look closer.
You may be right about that one, I didn't thought about it that way.

foofighters

Reaction score
His mouth is going to get him in trouble. He's been saying a few things this year that he probably should not have.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, lots of flags are thrown after a receiver gets up complaining by throwing up hands and jumping around, same thing for pass rushers.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
This was my fear for him, i.e., that the Dallas Cowboy culture would get to him. :(
You don't call out referees publicly.
What you do is before game time, you joke with them then say, "Watch No. 76. I wouldn't be surprised if you found a box of my jewelry in his dresser drawer he likes to yank my neck so much."
That's what Peyton and Brady did/do.
Work on your subtle game, Micah.
They aren’t our there do the their aptitude.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not smart but he is speaking the truth. I just hope he backs up his talk with his play on the field.

But in the Chargers-Jags game, did you see that ref follow Bosa back to the bench. The ref was almost goading him into a penalty. That was wrong. The ref should have stayed where he was instead of following Bosa waiting for him to say the wrong thing. Refs have to keep their cool too. That ref should not be allowed to officiate any more games this these playoffs. Sure Bosa was hot. He had a right to be. Not only were the refs not calling the false start penalties, but they were ignoring the holding calls on Bosa as well. I think a player feels like he is being penalized and the officials do not call penalties committed against the player. But Bosa was not making a scene, he was walking back to his bench. The ref should have just let him go back to the bench.

For a playoff game, those refs were awful.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Not smart but he is speaking the truth. I just hope he backs up his talk with his play on the field.

But in the Chargers-Jags game, did you see that ref follow Bosa back to the bench. The ref was almost goading him into a penalty. That was wrong. The ref should have stayed where he was instead of following Bosa waiting for him to say the wrong thing. Refs have to keep their cool too. That ref should not be allowed to officiate any more games this these playoffs. Sure Bosa was hot. He had a right to be. Not only were the refs not calling the false start penalties, but they were ignoring the holding calls on Bosa as well. I think a player feels like he is being penalized and the officials do not call penalties committed against the player. But Bosa was not making a scene, he was walking back to his bench. The ref should have just let him go back to the bench.

For a playoff game, those refs were awful.
Agreed

lukin2006

Reaction score
Don't these coaches talk to these players about keeping their mouths? I just don't get the lack of professionalism on this team, its a lack of discipline.