Twitter: Micah challenges Cooper and CeeDee to a race

RaZon

Reaction score
I ran the 220 so much I could finish it at almost top speed Missed the state record by .5 seconds Played Tight end and surprised the hek out of some corners Also played DE

Ah....5 seconds is a long long time in a 220. you must be thinking something else. A 20.5 and a 21,00 is two totally different thngs,

Trust me nobody finishs a 220 close to top speed, you saw your last top speed about 15ish yards before.

Always wondered why when it's third and long why not bring sprinters in to zip around a big tackle, hmmmm?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true, both 9.0 world record holders Ivory Crockett and Houston McTear were around 5-8ish. Sprinting full of short stud sprinters.

Your analogy doesn't hold up.

The 9.0's are not official world records because they were hand timed and therefore are not recognized as such. Hand timing is not treated as consistent or to have precision accuracy.

As for McTear, he was top 10 in the world at 100 meters, but at 60 meters he held the OFFICIAL world record for 8 years.

Look at Usain Bolt at 100 meters. He is 6'5" and was almost never in the lead at the halfway point in 100' meters, and sometimes 3rd or 4th at that point, but the second half that slower start was minimized and he would blow past people and frequently win without others really coming close.

Besides, I didn't say smallish runners can't run and compete, I said fast starts are "typically" (didn't say always) an advantage for smaller runners, and I said that "may" (didn't say defintitely) be a benefit to Parsons at 100 yards

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ah....5 seconds is a long long time in a 220. you must be thinking something else. A 20.5 and a 21,00 is two totally different thngs,

Trust me nobody finishs a 220 close to top speed, you saw your last top speed about 15ish yards before.

Always wondered why when it's third and long why not bring sprinters in to zip around a big tackle, hmmmm?
Parsons does that and for a guy that ran a 4.9 40 .5 is pirdy close my 9.8 was in 1972 quit track because of tendinitis Got so bad I had to use a wheel chair to get around And I did say almost I could tell I was slowing down and fought it

RaZon

Reaction score
Your analogy doesn't hold up.

The 9.0's are not official world records because they were hand timed and therefore are not recognized as such. Hand timing is not treated as consistent or to have precision accuracy.

As for McTear, he was top 10 in the world at 100 meters, but at 60 meters he held the OFFICIAL world record for 8 years.

Look at Usain Bolt at 100 meters. He is 6'5" and was almost never in the lead at the halfway point in 100' meters, and sometimes 3rd or 4th at that point, but the second half that slower start was minimized and he would blow past people and frequently win without others really coming close.

Besides, I didn't say smallish runners can't run and compete, I said fast starts are "typically" (didn't say always) an advantage for smaller runners, and I said that "may" (didn't say defintitely) be a benefit to Parsons at 100 yards

Those 9.0 were the hand timed world records just like all those 9.1 that Bob Hayes ran were all world records. Nobody ran the hand timed 100 yards faster than those 9.0; Both Crockett and McTear get credit as world record holders.

Bolt "blew by" because he decellerated at a slower pace, after around 80ish nobody is speeding up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons is exactly what Dallas has needed on the field for decades. He going to raise the play of everyone.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Those 9.0 were the hand timed world records just like all those 9.1 that Bob Hayes ran were all world records. Nobody ran the hand timed 100 yards faster than those 9.0; Both Crockett and McTear get credit as world record holders.

Bolt "blew by" because he decellerated at a slower pace, after around 80ish nobody is speeding up.
Hayse Ran several un official 100's in under 9.0 I think his fastest un official was either 8.9 or 8.7

RaZon

Reaction score
Micah beats Bob Hayes at any distance.

Bullet Bob was the first to run a sub 6.0 60, the first to run a sub 9.2 100 yards. In his sprint career he would hold 11 world records, trust me Micah wouldn't make a zit on Hayes butt if talking sprinting.

Micah fast for a big linebacker but in with legit sprinters, nay!!!!!

RaZon

Reaction score
Hayse Ran several un official 100's in under 9.0 I think his fastest un official was either 8.9 or 8.7

Where are you getting that from? He did run some World Record 9.1 and given a WR 9.3 and 9.2 instead.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Where are you getting that from? He did run some World Record 9.1 and given a WR 9.3 and 9.2 instead.
Articles I read a long time ago and yes I do remember things I read a long time ago

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Bullet Bob was the first to run a sub 6.0 60, the first to run a sub 9.2 100 yards. In his sprint career he would hold 11 world records, trust me Micah wouldn't make a zit on Hayes butt if talking sprinting.

Micah fast for a big linebacker but in with legit sprinters, nay!!!!!
He still holds several world records