Micah Needs To Stay Off Twitter

Qcard

Reaction score
You making generalize statements about a generation.

It's normal though, every previous generation thought the upcoming generation was going to run society into the ground.

The landline telephone and car was going to ruin most everyone.

FYI my son is 18, graduates next month, and has been working since he was 15. Saved over 20K, but sunk 10k into a nice car that is actually his. He's enlisting and shipping out in September. Our church youth group has never been stronger, with more kids actually going out to help others before they even become an adult.

The next generation will be just fine. And yes, my son uses his phone I'm guessing no different than Micah except he doesn't use instagram or facebook.

At the end of the day, a 23 year old football player made a tweet that has nothing to do with our own lives, and yet it has generated over 200 posts on a pretty stupid topic. In hindsight, it seems everyone (including me) who has participated in this thread is calling the kettle black when we're all the pot.
:hammer: :clap::starspin:

Excellent Post!

Thank you for your Son's Service!!!

DZSierra

Reaction score
:hammer: :clap::starspin:

Excellent Post!

Thank you for your Son's Service!!!
He hasn't served YET, but thank you. I'm proud of him and that's all that matters LOL

He wanted to follow in his grandfather branch, not mine. But he wanted to follow his grandfather, so I'm not complaining. I think my dad liked him better than me LOL (guess that's the way it goes with grandfathers sometimes). Heck, I can remember when I was 18 and my dad wanted to kill me.

Again, my only point is every new generation is going to "kill" society.

I remember living with my mom and grandma when my dad spent more than a couple of tours in SE Asia. My grandmother lost two husbands to the coal mines, raised 12 kids mostly on her own. She came off the boat in the early 1900's and didn't have a pot to piss in coming over with only her sisters. There are some things I'll never forget about my grandmother, and the one bad thing is she ALWAYS complained about the upcoming generations and that the world was going to heck and a handbasket. Keep in mind, this was in the early 70's when some old people here thinks the 70's and 80's were so great LOL

I still remember playing in the street as a kid and (I think) a UPS delivery driver asked me where some places were located. I was probably around 10 years old. What did I do? Hopped in the van with him, he drove and I showed him were to go, me riding in his vehicle. Guy gave me some change as a "tip" for helping him and I walked home. I really don't like to think how stupid I was as a kid sometimes and it didn't hit me until years later.

I think sometimes we forget exactly how stupid our own generation was sometimes.

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
He hasn't served YET, but thank you. I'm proud of him and that's all that matters LOL

He wanted to follow in his grandfather branch, not mine. But he wanted to follow his grandfather, so I'm not complaining. I think my dad liked him better than me LOL (guess that's the way it goes with grandfathers sometimes). Heck, I can remember when I was 18 and my dad wanted to kill me.

Again, my only point is every new generation is going to "kill" society.

I remember living with my mom and grandma when my dad spent more than a couple of tours in SE Asia. My grandmother lost two husbands to the coal mines, raised 12 kids mostly on her own. She came off the boat in the early 1900's and didn't have a pot to piss in coming over with only her sisters. There are some things I'll never forget about my grandmother, and the one bad thing is she ALWAYS complained about the upcoming generations and that the world was going to heck and a handbasket. Keep in mind, this was in the early 70's when some old people here thinks the 70's and 80's were so great LOL

I still remember playing in the street as a kid and (I think) a UPS delivery driver asked me where some places were located. I was probably around 10 years old. What did I do? Hopped in the van with him, he drove and I showed him were to go, me riding in his vehicle. Guy gave me some change as a "tip" for helping him and I walked home. I really don't like to think how stupid I was as a kid sometimes and it didn't hit me until years later.

I think sometimes we forget exactly how stupid our own generation was sometimes.
Another Banger!!

Thank you for sharing that Great American Story. It's beautiful!!

I am 1st Generation American. My Father came to US at age 16 in 1959. He was part of Kennedy Family International Student Airlifts. My Mom came in 1963.

Like your Grands, my parents were cut from a different cloth but that doesn't mean the next generations will Stall out the Great American Experiment of Pursuit of Liberty and Freedom.

In fact I believe majority of the next Generations always carry on the BEST of our Fore-Fathers, it's just manifest in different areas...

It's hard to compete with a Generations that fought to World Wars but their should be equal Credit for Generations that are merciful enough to avoid Wars.

Times have changed.

Whilst America has its issues, in my opinion there no other place in the World my Family can maximize their potential and Honor the gift of Citizenship.