Micah Needs To Stay Off Twitter

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol…of course he did. He did it for attention…well, it worked. Some people need it, some people don’t.
It is pretty evident. He made a statement that was not even framed as a question. His tweet has generated thousands of replies and hundreds of retweets but he has not responded to any of them (that I could see on a quick scan at least).

Parsons is immature but is proactively building his brand. Brash and stupid sells. His own website is prominently displayed on his Twitter home page. It is marketing through the flippant reference of a hot topic. He is receiving the exact attention he sought after and will likely capitalize on notoriety and revenue in the short term.

The important consideration is whether Jerry Jones and/or Roger Goodell will judge his tweet as a negative perception on the team and/or league. In my opinion, that would be the case if he had published his tweet in the form of a question. That would have been a direct acknowledgement Parsons wanted assistance in finding 'the best' massage therapist in Dallas.

My guess is that Jones and/or Goodell will simply roll their eyes at this tweet and wait-and-see if the media will help morph it into a social negative. The key is if-and-when the comment gains traction during daily major news media broadcasts. That is what happens whenever a flame turns into a firestorm. Then Parsons will be in actual trouble. Currently, his statement is only a flicker doing no real PR damage.

HanD

Reaction score
I didn't think you'd provide any examples of something so "common".

If Jalen Hurts said this exact thing with 1.000+ people referencing Watson in response I don't believe you'd be so understanding.

Take that star off Micahs helmet and the reaction to this tone deaf tweet here is much, much different.
I don't disagree but that's common for haters. I personally wouldn't care but I agree there would be outrage here. Jalen is a good person and would get my benefit of the doubt regardless of uniform.

HanD

Reaction score

mcmvp

Reaction score
You assume he wanted attention.
There are things that are rather easy to assume. I assume most people wouldn’t say no to a large pay increase, for instance.

This is one of those things. I’m not sure why it’s so hard for people to admit that he likes attention. It is rather obvious.

If this was an Eagles player, I’m sure this thread would sound a lot different… Just saying

And at the end of the day, who really cares if he wants attention? I don’t. I just think it’s silly to not admit it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ok so my next question is are you on his Twitter? Just hop off of it. To be honest I'm a Twitter use but I rarely see his stuff unless its posted on Cowboyszone. It's just who he is.
Answer is no and I know it’s who he is. I see most of it as typically it ends up on Facebook.

I don’t care for it but that’s just me

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You assume he wanted attention.
What type of attention or its intent is questionable. Whether Parsons wanted attention is not an assumption. It is an unquestionable fact.

Actively posting any message on social media is an act to attract attention. There is zero difference between Parsons' tweet and MountainCowboy's thread/posts in terms of wanting attention. The same is true for my posts and every comment typed and published on this site by every member since its creation.

Tweeting, publishing videos, posting on forums, etc., are all forms of communication--which involves sender, message and receiver. The only way to eliminate the element of attracting attention from communication is by removing one or more of those three components in any instance.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I guess he should have clarified that in his tone deaf tweet maybe.
Perhaps, but i mean, I don't think he necessarily wants to throw anybody in the organisation under the bus either. He probably just has a specific need that he's trying to find without outright saying that someone associated with the team is not giving him the massage he needs. If he did, then some may say he's being a crap employee not putting up with what the staff has. So, I think this was the best way he probably could think of to find a massage that he needs. It's interesting he tweeted this not long after the training he did with the former Rams olineman. Perhaps it was suggested to him to try a different type of massage than he's been receiving.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here are several different kinds of massages, just for educational purposes.

https://www.healthline.com/health/types-of-massage#swedish

It's possible that Micah wants a particular type of massage. I'd imagine some of the training he's been doing would likely result in wanting a specific type of massage that he may want a specific type of therapist to do.

I've also found that there is, also for educational purposes, a massage therapy involving snakes. I must say, having had the pleasure of taking care of a snake when I was younger (and got to meet that snake again in 2018 and 2019) that I happened to have a nice bond with, you'd be surprised how massaging it can be having one slithering on your arms.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's possible that Micah wants a particular type of massage. I'd imagine some of the training he's been doing would likely result in wanting a specific type of massage that he may want a specific type of therapist to do.
In my opinion, Parsons' base tweet has been (extremely) over-analyzed but I also think this might be a stretch in relation to it as well. Parsons' is 23. His entire life has existed within the Google/search engine era. Practically everyone his age, around the world, with internet access, searches for anything of interest almost with the same ease and involuntary action as breathing.

Additionally, he has teammates, coaches, doctors, therapists, etc., he knows now and before he was drafted that he can turn to for advice. Certainly, the possibility exists that he failed to personally search for the exact kind of therapist he may have wanted. Or no one could refer him to who he wanted. Or the thought might not have occurred to him to ask anyone he knew. There are plenty of options available for him to get a therapist he wants beside posting on Twitter. Heck, He could Yelp some massage therapists to call and asked for advice, lol.

I think the best thing for anyone to keep in mind was what Parsons' tweet said:

I need a professional massage therapist in Dallas!

That is all he said, He was not asking a question. Anyone can read his Twitter page and sees how he interacts with others. How he phrases his comments AND (most importantly) questions. Assessing how he has tweeted over time might give readers more insight into what Parsons actually meant by his tweet.

stiletto

Reaction score
In my opinion, Parsons' base tweet has been (extremely) over-analyzed but I also think this might be a stretch in relation to it as well. Parsons' is 23. His entire life has existed within the Google/search engine era. Practically everyone his age, around the world, with internet access, searches for anything of interest almost with the same ease and involuntary action as breathing.

Additionally, he has teammates, coaches, doctors, therapists, etc., he knows now and before he was drafted that he can turn to for advice. Certainly, the possibility exists that he failed to personally search for the exact kind of therapist he may have wanted. Or no one could refer him to who he wanted. Or the thought might not have occurred to him to ask anyone he knew. There are plenty of options available for him to get a therapist he wants beside posting on Twitter. Heck, He could Yelp some massage therapists to call and asked for advice, lol.

I think the best thing for anyone to keep in mind was what Parsons' tweet said:

I need a professional massage therapist in Dallas!

That is all he said, He was not asking a question. Anyone can read his Twitter page and sees how he interacts with others. How he phrases his comments AND (most importantly) questions. Assessing how he has tweeted over time might give readers more insight into what Parsons actually meant by his tweet.
Yeah..I get it also, I remain steadfast in my belief that Gen-Z is going to be the dumbest generation of Americans ever (and my daughter is Gen Z). I don't think THEY CAN stay off Twitter or social media. It's all they know.