Micah Needs To Stay Off Twitter

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In my opinion, Parsons' base tweet has been (extremely) over-analyzed but I also think this might be a stretch in relation to it as well. Parsons' is 23. His entire life has existed within the Google/search engine era. Practically everyone his age, around the world, with internet access, searches for anything of interest almost with the same ease and involuntary action as breathing.

Additionally, he has teammates, coaches, doctors, therapists, etc., he knows now and before he was drafted that he can turn to for advice. Certainly, the possibility exists that he failed to personally search for the exact kind of therapist he may have wanted. Or no one could refer him to who he wanted. Or the thought might not have occurred to him to ask anyone he knew. There are plenty of options available for him to get a therapist he wants beside posting on Twitter. Heck, He could Yelp some massage therapists to call and asked for advice, lol.

I think the best thing for anyone to keep in mind was what Parsons' tweet said:

I need a professional massage therapist in Dallas!

That is all he said, He was not asking a question. Anyone can read his Twitter page and sees how he interacts with others. How he phrases his comments AND (most importantly) questions. Assessing how he has tweeted over time might give readers more insight into what Parsons actually meant by his tweet.

Sure, but my point is that I don't think he intended anything negative by that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah..I get it also, I remain steadfast in my belief that Gen-Z is going to be the dumbest generation of Americans ever (and my daughter is Gen Z). I don't think THEY CAN stay off Twitter or social media. It's all they know.

Speaking as a 30 year old, I think sites like Twitter and Telegram are a good tool if used properly. I do think Twitter can and should be less toxic, but I do think a lot of good can come from using Twitter and other social media platforms in a positive way.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
There are a few things to remember here:

• Those websites that are “reporting” this as news, also get 100% of their revenue from advertising…. Better known as clicks. And yes I’m including Mike Fisher. He’s worse than all of them.
  • Any “news” about the Dallas Cowboys will generate more clicks than any other NFL team… and probably more than any sports franchise in the world. There are a lot of Cowboys fans online, but there are even more fans that despise the Cowboys. Love them or hate them… people are all clicking on the link to see the “news”. So yeah, these sites absolutely jump at the chance to put anything about Dallas on their website.
  • The people that run these sites go on twitter to look for “news”. When they see some of the replies to someone like Micah, if say, half of the replies are on what was at one time a hot-button topic (like DeSean Watson), they will deem it as newsworthy and write something on their site about it. It is even better if it is a Cowboys player for the above reason.
  • This does not actually make it newsworthy, and linking to these sites to “prove” that something is newsworthy is a fool’s errand. It proves nothing more than these trash sites will write about anything that will get them clicks. Dallas Cowboy Micah Parsons is at the top of that list.
  • Likewise, pointing to the Twitter replies as proof that anything is right (or wrong) is worse than a fool’s errand. The replies on Twitter are some of the most awful takes that you will find anywhere on the Internet. To say that those self righteous, virtue signaling people writing their toxic views have an agenda, is a huge understatement. Those comments are the Internets underbelly and should be left where they are. They are proof of nothing other than the sometimes seedy side of human nature will flow when people are able to speak anonymously.
Who knows why Parsons wrote that? I don’t know and really, I don’t care. Why don’t I? Because this isn’t news. Micah did nothing wrong.

Something else to remember:

• People who aren’t fans of the Dallas Cowboys absolutely despise that their hated team drafted a generational, game changing pass rusher. So what to do? They can’t say he’s a bad player and start threads on him saying bad things about his play, like they do some of the other players. All they can do is hope and wait for him to self-destruct. Anything he puts on social media that can even be close to being framed as negative, they will trumpet how awful he is and drag up the old Penn State hazing thing.
It is all they got.

stiletto

Reaction score
Speaking as a 30 year old, I think sites like Twitter and Telegram are a good tool if used properly. I do think Twitter can and should be less toxic, but I do think a lot of good can come from using Twitter and other social media platforms in a positive way.
All of them can be good tools but kids are so stuck into their phones it's ridiculous. We waited to give my daughter a phone and it didn't really help. She gets straight A's so we can't really complain, it's just weird how they all act now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah..I get it also, I remain steadfast in my belief that Gen-Z is going to be the dumbest generation of Americans ever (and my daughter is Gen Z). I don't think THEY CAN stay off Twitter or social media. It's all they know.
I have often said here and elsewhere that social media like Twitter is one of the greatest and worst forms of communication humanity ever created. However, let's be real. There are generations still alive today older than than Generation Z who have done or are doing dumb crap now. I grew up during the Letters to the Editor newspaper era at its height. There were tens of thousands less published comments per day made that others could read back then but I was shaking my head just as hard at some of that as I do now.

Generation Z is filled with intelligent people dealing with their share of ignorant folks. Just like the generations that came before them. The main difference is that Generation Z has a literal Wild Wild West communication system. The 'stupid is as stupid does' has a completely unbound environment to fester within.

stiletto

Reaction score
Told my wife, would not trade growing up in the 70’s for today for nothing. Told her kids now wouldn’t know what to do back in our day with what they have now.
Mentally we were better off for sure, I am still amazed me and my friends never got kidnapped or killed. We did some of the dumbest things kids would NEVER do now. I was riding ATV's on paved streets without helmets, dragging sleds in snow. Jumping into rivers off small cliffs with bikes. The list goes on and on. Kid's today are big P's...I don't know where we are going with these kids.

stiletto

Reaction score
I have often said here and elsewhere that social media like Twitter is one of the greatest and worst forms of communication humanity ever created. However, let's be real. There are generations still alive today older than than Generation Z who have done or are doing dumb crap now. I grew up during the Letters to the Editor newspaper era at its height. There were tens of thousands less published comments per day made that others could read back then but I was shaking my head just as hard at some of that as I do now.

Generation Z is filled with intelligent people dealing with their share of ignorant folks. Just like the generations that came before them. The main difference is that Generation Z has a literal Wild Wild West communication system. The 'stupid is as stupid does' has a completely unbound environment to fester within.
Yep, the TikTok generation. I don't see how it can go well...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are a few things to remember here:

• Those websites that are “reporting” this as news, also get 100% of their revenue from advertising…. Better known as clicks. And yes I’m including Mike Fisher. He’s worse than all of them.
  • Any “news” about the Dallas Cowboys will generate more clicks than any other NFL team… and probably more than any sports franchise in the world. There are a lot of Cowboys fans online, but there are even more fans that despise the Cowboys. Love them or hate them… people are all clicking on the link to see the “news”. So yeah, these sites absolutely jump at the chance to put anything about Dallas on their website.
  • The people that run these sites go on twitter to look for “news”. When they see some of the replies to someone like Micah, if say, half of the replies are on what was at one time a hot-button topic (like DeSean Watson), they will deem it as newsworthy and write something on their site about it. It is even better if it is a Cowboys player for the above reason.
  • This does not actually make it newsworthy, and linking to these sites to “prove” that something is newsworthy is a fool’s errand. It proves nothing more than these trash sites will write about anything that will get them clicks. Dallas Cowboy Micah Parsons is at the top of that list.
  • Likewise, pointing to the Twitter replies as proof that anything is right (or wrong) is worse than a fool’s errand. The replies on Twitter are some of the most awful takes that you will find anywhere on the Internet. To say that those self righteous, virtue signaling people writing their toxic views have an agenda, is a huge understatement. Those comments are the Internets underbelly and should be left where they are. They are proof of nothing other than the sometimes seedy side of human nature will flow when people are able to speak anonymously.
Who knows why Parsons wrote that? I don’t know and really, I don’t care. Why don’t I? Because this isn’t news. Micah did nothing wrong.

Something else to remember:

• People who aren’t fans of the Dallas Cowboys absolutely despise that their hated team drafted a generational, game changing pass rusher. So what to do? They can’t say he’s a bad player and start threads on him saying bad things about his play, like they do some of the other players. All they can do is hope and wait for him to self-destruct. Anything he puts on social media that can even be close to being framed as negative, they will trumpet how awful he is and drag up the old Penn State hazing thing.
It is all they got.
Good post.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, the TikTok generation. I don't see how it can go well...
It is okay being pessimistic but it will endure like every generation before it. Can and will it stumble? Sure. That is nothing new.

stiletto

Reaction score
It is okay being pessimistic but it will endure like every generation before it. Can and will it stumble? Sure. That is nothing new.
Agreed, reality will hit most of them upside the head eventually. Some will probably not recover from all the instant gratification they get from technology. When they have to go to work and take on actual responsibilities it might be tough for some.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, reality will hit most of them upside the head eventually. Some will probably not recover from all the instant gratification they get from technology. When they have to go to work and take on actual responsibilities it might be tough for some.
40 years ago, I was delivering pizzas to folks within spitting distance of my Dominoes store. Their ordering technology was landline telephone. No internet. No cellphones. My delivery tip was exponentially more than the gas they could have used to get their lunch or dinner.

It is a different time. Most will adjust. Some will not. Life.

HanD

Reaction score
There are things that are rather easy to assume. I assume most people wouldn’t say no to a large pay increase, for instance.

This is one of those things. I’m not sure why it’s so hard for people to admit that he likes attention. It is rather obvious.

If this was an Eagles player, I’m sure this thread would sound a lot different… Just saying

And at the end of the day, who really cares if he wants attention? I don’t. I just think it’s silly to not admit it.
The younger generation posts thoughts on Twitter all the time. It's normal to them. It isn't always a hey I want a reaction necessarily.

HanD

Reaction score
What type of attention or its intent is questionable. Whether Parsons wanted attention is not an assumption. It is an unquestionable fact.

Actively posting any message on social media is an act to attract attention. There is zero difference between Parsons' tweet and MountainCowboy's thread/posts in terms of wanting attention. The same is true for my posts and every comment typed and published on this site by every member since its creation.

Tweeting, publishing videos, posting on forums, etc., are all forms of communication--which involves sender, message and receiver. The only way to eliminate the element of attracting attention from communication is by removing one or more of those three components in any instance.
I don't disagree necessarily but when it comes to social media people will post emotions or statements without wanting feedback. The poster I'm replying to is specifically saying he wants attention as in replies from fans and attention for a joke as opposed to making a statement or actually seeking recommendations.

stiletto

Reaction score
The younger generation posts thoughts on Twitter all the time. It's normal to them. It isn't always a hey I want a reaction necessarily.
Why things are getting worse and worse. Young men who can't control their emotions whether it is on the internet or not.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Let's just get back to hating dak and talking about how Irvin is going to make billions on his lawsuit. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree necessarily but when it comes to social media people will post emotions or statements without wanting feedback.
That is a self-made trap associated with any form of communication.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You making generalize statements about a generation.

It's normal though, every previous generation thought the upcoming generation was going to run society into the ground.

The landline telephone and car was going to ruin most everyone.

FYI my son is 18, graduates next month, and has been working since he was 15. Saved over 20K, but sunk 10k into a nice car that is actually his. He's enlisting and shipping out in September. Our church youth group has never been stronger, with more kids actually going out to help others before they even become an adult.

The next generation will be just fine. And yes, my son uses his phone I'm guessing no different than Micah except he doesn't use instagram or facebook.

At the end of the day, a 23 year old football player made a tweet that has nothing to do with our own lives, and yet it has generated over 200 posts on a pretty stupid topic. In hindsight, it seems everyone (including me) who has participated in this thread is calling the kettle black when we're all the pot.