Micah Parsons absence, says it's not about money

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least a money issue I would understand....sort of. You're telling me that the guy who is supposed to be the leader of this defense is electing to train on his own just because he wants to? New DC, new scheme and he wants to work out alone? He doesn't want to be part of the early offseason work that helps set the culture for this year? He doesn't want to be there to help his teammates get better?

I'm sorry for being so negative on this but if true this is a massive red flag IMO. It's not even the fact that he is missing that is the true issue, it's the psychology behind it. You don't make a guy the highest paid defense player in league history if he is all about 'me' and not the team. I say that as a massive Micah Parsons fan too.
You aren’t alone in this thought. It makes me want to trade him. I can’t beleive the cowboys aren’t looking at his priorities with concern.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I've said it sort of tongue in cheek before but really starting to take serious the idea that it's not a player issue, but a Jerry/Stephen one. I truly believe that a guy like Micah wants to win a championship, but when you watch your team do nothing to help the roster over the offseason why would he want to be a team first guy? While I don't support it I can completely understand why guys would be apathetic towards the offseason programs this year. No help on the way and a coaching staff on expiring deals that have been set up to take the fall. If I were Lamb or Parsons I may not want to stay home, just focus on getting my stats and cashing in too.
totally agree

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Idk why we are not on the phone, looking to trade Micah. They need to call up the vikes. Trade him for their two firsts this year. With three first round picks we could stack this team up

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He did the same thing last year.......you think his teammates are questioning his leadership over this?
No argument against that, but I will say that I could at least give him a little leeway last year given that himself, DQ, and the rest of the defense were going on year 3 together. I struggle with this situation this year given a new DC, and a complete letdown loss to end the season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You aren’t alone in this thought. It makes me want to trade him. I can’t beleive the cowboys aren’t looking at his priorities with concern.
Maybe there is, who knows? The contract situations this year are odd, even for the Cowboys so maybe there is more to the story here? I struggle to think an old school DC like Zimmer would be OK with this to be honest. I think that was the big selling point of bringing in Zimmer is that you'd have someone who would coach a guy like Parsons hard, but he can't do his job if guys don't show up.

Kwyn

Reaction score
At least a money issue I would understand....sort of. You're telling me that the guy who is supposed to be the leader of this defense is electing to train on his own just because he wants to? New DC, new scheme and he wants to work out alone? He doesn't want to be part of the early offseason work that helps set the culture for this year? He doesn't want to be there to help his teammates get better?

I'm sorry for being so negative on this but if true this is a massive red flag IMO. It's not even the fact that he is missing that is the true issue, it's the psychology behind it. You don't make a guy the highest paid defense player in league history if he is all about 'me' and not the team. I say that as a massive Micah Parsons fan too.
I wouldn’t put much stock in the opinions of posters here at the zone. They don’t know anything more than you do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It’s always about the money anytime someone claims it’s not
It's so funny, guy will hold out etc etc, soon as he gets the money, they'll do an interview and the first thing they say is "it was never about the money!" Well what the hell was it about parking prices??

glimmerman

Reaction score
He’s just an immature kid put into a horribly soft environment and completely bought into the culture.

He never stood a chance.
Reminds me of Dez. He needed a baby sitter. Parsons isn’t as much of a thug type. But likes to run the mouth. I didnt care at first until playoff game. He finally had a ref crew that was calling the redonckulous holds against him. He should have wrecked that game but not even a sack. He was worn down from the season. He needs to be conditioning and have a DC that will take him off the field and given a rest in games we are blowing a team out. Instead he insist on going back in for stats. Or even if it’s his competitive nature. He needs rest.

I remember a game he was wanting back in and he had a player saying look at the score… there is only 3 minutes left. Rest. And there was a coach there saying to the player yeah., there is still 3 minutes left. As if he needed to put him back in the game. The player (may have been Lamb) was shaking his head.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Guy had the highest pass rush win rate while also having the highest double/triple team rate. I'm not concerned about his effort.
Nor am I, but it is concerning that he isn't around to learn the new defensive scheme. I'm not worried about his ability to rush the passer. Playing assignment football though, learning which gaps to fill, whatever new techniques are brought in, stunts, alignments, terminology, etc etc, as the leader of the defense he should be all over this stuff.

basel90

Reaction score
Micah has morphed into a drama filled charachter , with diminishing substance. Sad to see this as his career was promising initially.
CD is well due some money as he has proved himself time and again despite the QB and Running game shortcomings. He has take some massive hits and now needs to get paid. Pretty much the only star player on this roster.

visionary

Reaction score
Nope, its not about money, its about Respect. He just spells respect this way: money