Micah Parson's career numbers are pretty amazing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, just wondering why so aggressive and asking questions about stuff i didnt say. But ok. Enjoy your 10 sacks in the first 8 games.
Enjoy your hate of one of the most disruptive players in your lifetime. Think about that.

CWR

Reaction score
Why? Arguably the best defensive player in the NFL and a generational talent and you want to trade him? This place is nuts!
Because he's disappears at the end of the season when we need him most. Probably because he's not big enough to play DE as much as he does. Because he's going to be extremely expensive and we have a lot of needs.

I'm not saying I'd give him away. I'd make sure I had a plethora of premium picks in return.

As far as generational talent, if he finished the season the same way he began it I'd probably never consider it. This is a patern though.

CWR

Reaction score
If he's as bad as our fans think we aren't getting multiple 1s.
I never said he was bad. He's just not big enough to sustain at DE. He's shown that for three years now. Give me start the season Parsons in the playoffs and it's a different ball game.

HanD

Reaction score
I never said he was bad. He's just not big enough to sustain at DE. He's shown that for three years now. Give me start the season Parsons in the playoffs and it's a different ball game.
Sorry. You didn't say he was bad but my point is the rest of the league would see what we see and his value would be less. Or if we can get multiple picks we are probably being too hard on him imo.

Reactions: CWR

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you know,

if I was being sarcastic or facetious like everyone else.

I'd say stats don't matter what are you doing in crunch time in the playoffs.​
I mean he don't deserve no big bag of money what he's doing in the playoffs? how come he ain't winning us championships? Compiling all your stats in garbage time or against weak teams that's not getting us championships....

I mean isn't that what's being said about certain other stars that we have on this team???? Start affecting the game against playoff teams in the playoffs in crunch time or let's leave the stat lines where they lay lol
This post 100% nailed it right on the head and exposed the hypocrisy by some posters around here. They rightfully praise Micah but refuse to do the same for our franchise QB who has been putting up astronomical numbers for much longer than 3 years. More like 8.

:hammer: :clap::thumbup:

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because he's disappears at the end of the season when we need him most. Probably because he's not big enough to play DE as much as he does. Because he's going to be extremely expensive and we have a lot of needs.

I'm not saying I'd give him away. I'd make sure I had a plethora of premium picks in return.

As far as generational talent, if he finished the season the same way he began it I'd probably never consider it. This is a patern though.
:facepalm: My Lord.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Talented player no doubt.
Most of those stats are against weak QBs and offensive lines.
He has the talent to go MIA against teams with good offline lines like the Niners.
In fact, most of our so-called stud players follow the above formula to failure hence the offseason boot!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It would be great if he didn't disappear after Thanksgiving. Just sayin'.
Another fan who thinks 1 player is responsible for the defensive failures and also thinks there’s 1 player responsible for the offensive failures. You just can’t make this stuff up.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I believe the pressures stay near the top but the sacks drop off. Could be due to either his body breaks down or opposing teams develop better schemes to slow him down. Or both. Probably both.

Anyways, while I think trading him for a crazy haul of picks is a good idea, Parsons isn't really the problem here.
It's a crazy situation when a guy is so unbelievably gifted .... yet it's not unreasonable to question whether we should be the team to give the second contract. Not the problem now for sure .... but if he begins to decline quickly like so many edges, would he earn the 2nd contract?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe the pressures stay near the top but the sacks drop off. Could be due to either his body breaks down or opposing teams develop better schemes to slow him down. Or both. Probably both.

Anyways, while I think trading him for a crazy haul of picks is a good idea, Parsons isn't really the problem here.
They dont really have any other real threats. They have guys that feed off his attention

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why? Arguably the best defensive player in the NFL and a generational talent and you want to trade him? This place is nuts!
He’ll argue to be the highest paid defensive players in the NFL at some point. Hope Jerry is negotiating with his representation.

SackMaster

Reaction score

Unfortunately, his number across the board, sacks, QB hits, pressures, all drop in the month of December, especially the past two years.

While he had a slight dip in production post-Thanksgiving of his rookie year which wasn't all that bad or unexpected from a rookie, it has just gotten worse and worse every year since, which is troubling.

Hopefully that changes with Zimmer, but we'll just have to wait and see.