Micah Parson's career numbers are pretty amazing

gtb1943

Reaction score
My problem with Micah is two fold: he is way too noisy for not performing when it counts
and frankly he does not look to me like someone who is all in at winning; more about himself

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Where does he rank vs the run? He is among the best pass rushers in the game, but
  1. where does he rank in sacks in the 4th quarter of games (when he appears to wear down)
  2. where does he rank vs the run (where he appears unable to set the edge which may very well explain why he wears down)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's important to remember that Parsons is at LEAST 25 pounds too light to be playing full time DE. That is the reason he wears down so badly towards the end of the season. It's up to the Cowboys to figure out ways to save his body for the stretch run so they can have him at beast level in the playoffs. Frankly not doing so is the biggest failure of Dan Quinn's tenure in Dallas. The kid is giving up 100 pounds to some of the dudes he's facing AND the league has decided it's okay to hold him. It's ridiculous. As is blaming him for it.

HanD

Reaction score
I think the league would look at his skill set, and stats and come to the conclusion they could find ways to keep him fresh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in NO hurry to lose him. It would take a kings ransom, but I believe could be the right call.

It will be interesting to see what Zimmer can get out of him. After this year we all may have different opinions on Parsons.
i've been a fan of using him more like his rookie year. back to lb and moving all around the field, and blitzing from different locations along the line. if you wanna put him there on third and long downs i'm good but i firmly believe he'd be more impactful moving around confusing the offense.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Best first 12 games of the season defender there is. A real NFL Mr. October.

wecasa

Reaction score
Micah Parsons us the modern day Derrick Thomas. Thomas was an absolute menace for the chiefs. Yet in big games he vanished. 10 career playoff games. 10 tackles 6.5 sacks. Some say old DT was in the gamblers pocket.

HanD

Reaction score
My problem with Micah is two fold: he is way too noisy for not performing when it counts
and frankly he does not look to me like someone who is all in at winning; more about himself
these are all opinion based like romo being hated on for wearing his hat backwards. let's talk stats and give valid criticism like lack of playoff performance.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Micah Parsons us the modern day Derrick Thomas. Thomas was an absolute menace for the chiefs. Yet in big games he vanished. 10 career playoff games. 10 tackles 6.5 sacks. Some say old DT was in the gamblers pocket.
And Derek Thomas was not asked to play hand in the dirt DE. He was an OLB in the mold of other light pass rushers. We drafted Parsons to play LB…..fact. He dropped to #12 in the draft because the whole league assumed he was an off ball LB who could blitz (Penn St). When we discovered he could play a light weight DE in Quinn’s scheme, he showed and developed much more pass rush ability than he ever showed at Penn St. He knows he’s too small; thus his attempt to get bigger and stronger last off season.

We have only 3 options
  1. Play him as an off ball LB much more and use him as a pass rusher much less often, in specific situations. Also blitzing him against the run, turning into pass rush if it’s a pass.
  2. Convert this defense to a 3-4 and play him in 1 spot, OLB as the primary edge rusher….this will require other transitions in personnel (but every defensive draft selection this year could be viewed as a move in that direction though we lay it on Zimm’s style.
  3. Trade him. Trade him for all we can get. Why? Because unless we commit to 1 or 2 above, it would be completely foolish to pay Parsons what we will have to pay him and keep playing him out of position, watching him wear down, along with the injuries that will come in time. If you pay a player like a generational talent, he needs to be on the field almost every play and every situation. He cannot be a player that is playing out of position and is a liability vs the run. He won’t be in another position.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
lol really. No one in the world would argue he's not a top 3 defensive player. Literally has finished second in DPOY voting every year of his career.

He also gets held on every other play.
I just don’t see a pass rusher who is a liability against the run as one of the top defenders in the league. There are several DEs who would give us equivalent pass rush impact but also play great vs the run. Parsons is one of the greatest pass rushers. When teams like Buffalo are running the ball on us, he is invisible. I don’t think you can have a DE that one dimensional who wears down because he’s in the wrong position. Unless we transition to more 3-4 fronts, I hope Zimm plays him much more off the ball and plays him at DE much less often, but strategically.

CWR

Reaction score
i've been a fan of using him more like his rookie year. back to lb and moving all around the field, and blitzing from different locations along the line. if you wanna put him there on third and long downs i'm good but i firmly believe he'd be more impactful moving around confusing the offense.
He has to commit to LB though. If he does that he has the tools to fly all over the field. I think his mentality now is to simply hunt the qb. Not necessarily in the run game as much but in the pass game he's gotta know his coverages. I'm sure it's challenging to go from something you do all the time to spot duty, though.

HanD

Reaction score
He has to commit to LB though. If he does that he has the tools to fly all over the field. I think his mentality now is to simply hunt the qb. Not necessarily in the run game as much but in the pass game he's gotta know his coverages. I'm sure it's challenging to go from something you do all the time to spot duty, though.
agreed to committing to it. yeah but i think having barely played lb until college and only starting one year at it, he showed promise his rookie year to be all world at lb. people say he wants to play on de, who knows if that's true. but yeah he'd have a lot more to learn at lb.

CWR

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if it's grown stale I'm just making a point this is a team game I'm sick of hearing about one guy or another when there's 53 players on the roster there's a coaching staff and there's a front office they're all responsible for the losses every single player on that field in Green Bay lost in the playoffs all responsible not one player stepped up from the first snap the coaches and every single player on that field just decided to give up... They were not prepared that's the problem in football when you come in and you're not prepared you get beat but people keep piling on about The Mavericks and the stars because they make it into the second round you do realize how bad they both played in their first games of the first series and now the second if this was football it would be over there are no second chances there are no figuring out your opponent there are no making adjustments...

But yes it's a team game and every time I hear something about Prescott I'm gonna bring up Parsons or diggs I mean Trayvon diggs got all that big bag but he actually dropped an interception and failed to make a hit on a bobbling pass on kittles in a playoff game those are what big time players gotta do you gotta make those plays...​
So yes you're correct the team shrinks in the bigger moments as soon as they're punched in the mouth hopefully that changes soon but again I'm tired of people picking on one player the other we have some dynamic players on this team but in order for them to be themselves you know like they're bookends while we need some actual high end literature on that bookshelf in between the book ends and the glue just falls apart it takes more than just a couple of players to win against good teams..​
And I hate to keep making this as an example but this does happen to teams I mean it just happened to the 49ers against the lions and the NFC championship game they were down at halftime by the same score I believe it was pretty close they were absolutely should have gotten beat a team like the lions how do you let a guy A-Team come back that you have your foot on I can tell you why because the entire active roster of the 49ers fought to stay in that game and the offense eventually were given the opportunity because of their defense special teams and the coaches figured it out they clawed their way back but instead our defense gave up three straight touchdowns right after the half you can't win in the NFL when your defense gives up the first score and then three straight touchdowns after the first half.. We lost the game because the team lost but the defense did shrink from the first snap they look terrible in the first series and then every series after you can blame Prescott or the offense for the interceptions and whatnot but that's not an excuse I've seen it in many playoff series I saw it a couple years ago where Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence were bailed out they had like 3 turnovers ohh that's right Trevor Lawrence had four interceptions in a game in a playoff game and they won I'm tired of hearing about how Prescott is losing us games I watched Troy Aikman throw interceptions in the Super bowl and have us down at halftime and our defense and run game bailed him out...

So yes, I'm ranting about team play, because I'm sick of hearing about Prescott or even Parsons and yes I brought it up I was being sarcastic because I'm correct a lot of the big name players are not getting help from everyone else and it looks like they're shrinking in the moment but the fact is teams know who to take away and how to take them away, and our coaching staff and the rest of our team do not step up when needed , they all make excuses like we were tired, LOL yeah I'm sure you were tired... but great teams and great players find a way to dig down deep and pull a victory from the jaws of defeat.

Yup, its time.

Jerry so far from his inactions has put the challenge on the backs of those due big deals or new contracts players and coaches , out up or possibly all be out.. we can see a very different team in 2025.

it's very possible jerry might cave. Like with Zeke suddenly weeks before game 1 deals could be handed out..who knows....
I get it, but the guys making the most money will always be the biggest targets. I actually blame Dak less, which I'm sure is unpopular. He isn't going to succeed in the playoffs if we can't run the ball though. OR for that matter stop the run.

It is entirely a team sport and blame should be given to all. Unfortunately the faces of the team always take the brunt. This is a Jerry problem though. The run game has been underwhelming for a few seasons and our run defense still hasn't been fixed since the Rams 2018 playoffs debacle.

shabazz

Reaction score
Even more crazy considering that he basically becomes invisible after about Week 10ish.
Just last season, against the Bills, Dolphins and Packers he had 1/2 sack and 3 solo tackles total.

The numbers against good offenses just don't lie.....give the man that bag and expect different results. Lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
lol really. No one in the world would argue he's not a top 3 defensive player. Literally has finished second in DPOY voting every year of his career.

He also gets held on every other play.
Just keep note of the posters in this thread who are crapping on him. Then you can put them on ignore knowing they have nothing ever to contribute.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Legitimately I would consider trading absolutely anyone if the price is right. The only exception would be Mahomes or one of the top 3 qbs. Other than that I'd always sit down at the bargaining table, looking for my next Herschel Walker deal.
Oh agreed. If you are lucky to find your elite QB, then you just hold on to him. That's why Chiefs gave him an unprecedented 10 year contract

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Is there any Cowboys player not about himself? They all follow Jerry's lead

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It seems Micah Parsons is having with CJ stroud a lot this off-season. He probably wants to feel what it is like to be around a real QB
Dak Prescott right now is the kid who is playing alone on the playground because he has lice.