Micah Parsons Has 1 Sack In 4 Career Playoff Games

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Sometimes it is about one player tho eh?

There are star players and they will be the ones people talk about.
Basically. Nobody really talking about the back Te no matter what team it is. Some of these people don’t live in reality.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Basically. Nobody really talking about the back Te no matter what team it is. Some of these people don’t live in reality.
heh.. reminds me of something Jerry said to Jimmy about why he wanted to be part of the press confs

If I make a million dollars tomorrow nobody cares.. but if I sign a backup TE everyone cares.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yet people talking ,Dak.....That's why we lost also.. Nobody else bothered to show up :facepalm:
But Dak hasnt bothered to show up the last two games against the 49ers in the playoffs so that's why people went off on him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Notice there was no mnetion of his pressures .........

Micah Parsons
Dallas Cowboys · Edge
PASS RUSH SCORE: 99

Initially drafted as an off-ball linebacker, Parsons flashed game-breaking ability as a pass rusher during his 2021 rookie campaign. It wasn’t until his second season where Parsons transitioned into a full-time edge rusher in Dan Quinn’s attacking defense. Since then, no player has been more effective getting after the quarterback, both from a volume and per-snap basis. Parsons is the only defender to accumulate triple-digit pressures (103) over the last two seasons, generating double-digit pressures in three games since 2022 -- no other defender has done so in more than one game. Parsons has also averaged an insane 19.7 percent pressure rate in that span, while no other player with a minimum of 300 pass rushes eclipses 18 percent.

The scariest thing for opposing quarterbacks? The third-year pro is getting even better. By almost every new metric available in our new pass rushing toolbox, Parsons ranks first through two games this season. He leads the NFL in quick pressures (eight), positive rushes (42) and average peak pressure probability (51.1%), and he’s forced two turnovers from pressure, extending his lead (11) since 2021

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So essentially he can only get numbers going against bottom feeders? A real DPOY caliber player should be able to get off against anybody. You think the Rams looked at Zack Martin in the playoffs few years back and thought “welp we better pencil Aaron Donald in for a donut today”
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Green Bay was triple teaming him when they had to pass.
This is what puzzling me , when teams decide to take him out , why our other (so called ) stars cant muster a sack , fumble , big loss anything? Meaning this team whole philosophy is prey on weaker teams ( playing with lead ) and not anything gutsy.

The moment the 1st possession ( GB] was like butter through knife , I thought it will be a long game but never anticipated it will be TD after TD …

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think someone posted the last 6 games of each season he has played he has like 4 sacks total. He wears down at the end of the season
Demarcus Ware was great when playing as an outside linebacker for Dallas. First 8 seasons played every game, while at OLB. 9th year, put at DE, promptly missed 3 games. And he was listed at 6-4 and 258 lbs. Playing all the time against OTs he got beat up and worn down. Parsons is listed at 6-2 and 245lbs.

What does anyone think is going to happen to him if he continues to play mostly at DE?

Now I will say I'm not so sure he can be a top LB, from what I saw when he was there, he's not nearly at an AP level. Maybe just needs to settle in a LB, I don't know.

But he's not cut out, physically, to play DE all game long, every game....

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Take a wild guess which team that came against?

That’s right. The 8-9 Bucs.

Some other interesting playoff stats:

He only has 8 solo tackles, 3 TFL, and 4 QB hits in his 4 playoff games.

This dude is basically a ghost in the playoffs.
That's because we insist on playing him as an undersized defensive lineman and he wears down by the end of the Season.
Either switch to a 3/4 defense or trade him.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Take a wild guess which team that came against?

That’s right. The 8-9 Bucs.

Some other interesting playoff stats:

He only has 8 solo tackles, 3 TFL, and 4 QB hits in his 4 playoff games.

This dude is basically a ghost in the playoffs.
Yall ain't tired of going after the same two or three guys?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
15 catches for 218 yards and 2 tds in 3 playoff games with the Cowboys
Which is still an average of 5 catches for 73 yards and less than one td per game.

My point though, is that teams can "shut down" just about any one player if they choose to. I remember being at a party in the 1970's before Texas played Notre Dame in the playoffs. Somebody at the party was saying "They can't stop big Earl!" before the game.

Well "big Earl" got 118 yards on 29 carries, but zero tds. So no, they didn't stop him, but he was unable to get in the end zone.

Maybe Parsons ain't all that, but if there's nobody else to pick up the slack when he's being taken out of the game, doesn't matter....

The Natural

Reaction score
Which is still an average of 5 catches for 73 yards and less than one td per game.
Thats 7 yards up on his career average per game. Kinda what you want to see from guys in the playoffs is at least performing to their averages if not exceeding them.

khiladi

Reaction score
Micah against Trent Williams in the play-offs is almost like Reggie White or Jason Strahan was against Erik Williams in the play-offs…. Some dudes are just like that..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Thats 7 yards up on his career average per game. Kinda what you want to see from guys in the playoffs is at least performing to their averages if not exceeding them.
True, but you need more than that from your no. 1 receiver....