Twitter: Micah Parsons in Full uniform

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It's not nitpicking IMO. I'm aware it's common practice for the PR department to take photos of the rookies in full uniform before they are allowed to wear the star on their helmets at practice, but previously they respected their privileged access. They did not allow these photos to be leaked prematurely. However, today that respect no longer exists. I blame this on social media. They are so quick to get the scoop on Parsons in full uniform including the star on his helmet. I care about the tradition of the rookies having to earn the right to wear that star. You obviously do not respect the tradition and so you see my observation as nitpicking. Parsons is not meant to be seen with this star on his helmet yet. This leak is blasphemous IMO. I'm not trolling or joking or drinking. I'm dead serious. It matters to me that we respect tradition. But Parsons is somehow treated differently and he has not earned it.

He earned it the second he signed a legal agreement to play football for the Dallas Cowboys.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You’re nitpicking and whining about nonsense.

If you’re actually serious. Then it’s even sadder than I thought.

I used to think his MO wasn't real either and then other posts made me realize it might actually be. My visions immediately jumped to Hank Hill saying, "That boy ain't right."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Curious as to why you feel this is blasphemous. It's not like it is a long standing tradition of the Dallas Cowboys. Bill Parcels and Jason Garrett were the 2 coaches who required rookies to earn the star and now McCarthy has kept it going. Neither of the 3 coaches have accomplished anything with the Cowboys. I get some people liking this requirement, but blasphemous? That's a little extreme.
I'm going to quote something Jason Witten said about the "Earn the Star" tradition that Coach Parcells started...

“You knew real quick in my rookie year with Coach Parcells that nothing was going to be given to you, and you had to respect that tradition of what the Cowboys are all about. I thought it (earning the star) was great because nothing is given to you, you have to earn it. That should be especially true for the Cowboys because it's such a great franchise."

You either care about upholding that tradition or you don't. Sadly, I don't think many of you that call yourselves "Cowboys fan" care about that tradition today. If I'm wrong, then tell me. Stand up and be counted.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Get that star off your helmet. You have not earned it yet!!

Such a lame concept.

"You're new. No star for you!"

Like a little girl on the playground bullying someone who just moved to town. Grow up and move on from ignorant old traditions.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm going to quote something Jason Witten said about the "Earn the Star" tradition that Coach Parcells started...

“You knew real quick in my rookie year with Coach Parcells that nothing was going to be given to you, and you had to respect that tradition of what the Cowboys are all about. I thought it (earning the star) was great because nothing is given to you, you have to earn it. That should be especially true for the Cowboys because it's such a great franchise."

You either care about upholding that tradition or you don't. Sadly, I don't think many of you that call yourselves "Cowboys fan" care about that tradition today. If I'm wrong, then tell me. Stand up and be counted.

That "tradition" hasn't even been with the Cowboys as long as Jerry has. You just like it because it's old white tough guy bullying BS. So lame.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

You act like this is a tradition dating back to our glory years. It is not. It also hasn't resulted in any measurable success so I don't care if it continues or not. Now if it dated back to the Landry/Jimmy years then I might value it a little more. So, if you're keeping score, it doesn't matter do me and I really don't consider it a "tradition".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He earned it the second he signed a legal agreement to play football for the Dallas Cowboys.
If that's your definition of "Earning the Star" then you have no respect for the tradition Coach Parcells established.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You act like this is a tradition dating back to our glory years. It is not. It also hasn't resulted in any measurable success so I don't care if it continues or not. Now if it dated back to the Landry/Jimmy years then I might value it a little more. So, if you're keeping score, it doesn't matter do me and I really don't consider it a "tradition".
Tradition has to start somewhere. I think this is a good one. If you disagree, that's fine. We should take a poll. Who agrees with the "Earn the Star" tradition?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Tradition has to start somewhere. I think this is a good one. If you disagree, that's fine. We should take a poll. Who agrees with the "Earn the Star" tradition?
I like the concept. I just don't think a PR photo shoot is "blasphemy" in regards to some relatively new tradition that dates back to the down years of the franchise. If it were a tradition like playing on Thanksgiving Day then that would be meaningful to me. This one I can take it or leave it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like the concept. I just don't think a PR photo shoot is "blasphemy" in regards to some relatively new tradition that dates back to the down years of the franchise. If it were a tradition like playing on Thanksgiving Day then that would be meaningful to me. This one I can take it or leave it.
You're arguing with someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Dont bother. The same person said we should cut Biadasz if he gets hurt this year. I brought to his attention that the Bengals should cut Joe Burrow if he gets hurt this year to. He then ignored me

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Get that star off your helmet. You have not earned it yet!!
While you make reference I agree, there should never be a any player... Rook, FA.
You earn the right to wear the star when you make the active roster,, PS get the plane jane grey helmet.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I’m more worried about finding players that actually win games that count. Not ones who just earn the star in practice.

call me crazy.

Also, this photo shoot doesn’t break with tradition anyway. Parsons still doesn’t have the star during practice.

This is a photo shoot in full team uniforms. Which includes the star.

this doesn’t even break the tradition.