Micah Parsons

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sewells will be gone by #4
Definitely.

Depending largely on where Cincinnati picks.

He is the obvious fit there. No need at QB.

Theres a decent shot Dallas ends up with their choice of defenders. Of course it's a year where no one knows who that may be.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Definitely.

Depending largely on where Cincinnati picks.

He is the obvious fit there. No need at QB.

Theres a decent shot Dallas ends up with their choice of defenders. Of course it's a year where no one knows who that may be.
T\
That's why trading down for more picks is something to consider.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I would seriously still try and trade down a couple spots not far. And hope Micah Parsons can fall. Its a gamble but could be worth it if we can gain a second for moving down two to three spots.
If someone takes Parsons we grab best CB on board. But he should slide down to the Tanisha area

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Honestly, I think a real staff would make sure he didn't have to be. He should have one job in the NFL: fly to the ball.
I think he should know his job though. I looked at pff grades for top 10 drafted linebackers past 5 years and their grades are terrible. Its hard to fly to the ball if you dont know where it is. Devin white ran a 4.4 and his grade is worse than jaylons who this board hates. Jaylon is 50 and white qas like 39 last time i looked.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I love the kid but if he only has a Lavar Arrington type of career, he would not be worth a top 5 pick. I have a feeling we will finish 5-11 and have the 8th pick so maybe we should draft him at that spot.
His combine likely will push him into top 5 but he’s def top 10 now. And idk if we can win two more games how this team is made up lol

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I know this maybe unpopular, but I am scared to death to take Parsons within the top 5 of the draft. The more I read about him, the more nervous I get. Only has played the position for 2 years, not great in coverage at this juncture, is a little slow reading and reacting due to his lack of experience. He gets away with it on the college level, due to his athleticism. Many media scouts will say they believe those two areas of concern will develop over time and that he has a extremely high ceiling. If I am taking an off the ball linebacker within the top 5, he better be close to a finished prospect and be a legit 3 down player.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yup. Ask Tampa if Devin White was worth it. Parsons will test similar
I know this maybe unpopular, but I am scared to death to take Parsons within the top 5 of the draft. The more I read about him, the more nervous I get. Only has played the position for 2 years, not great in coverage at this juncture, is a little slow reading and reacting due to his lack of experience. He gets away with it on the college level, due to his athleticism. Many media scouts will say they believe those two areas of concern will develop over time and that he has a extremely high ceiling. If I am taking an off the ball linebacker within the top 5, he better be close to a finished prospect and be a legit 3 down player.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

100% agree, I'm tired of the Taco Charltons, etc. the "project" and/or "he has a high ceiling" player. Those guys are fine if you have a loaded team, but this team hasn't been that for years...

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This is as must of a trade down year as I can remember. And if they can’t then ugh. Just ugh.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
low football IQ?
No, that is something Jaylon didn't show til later on. pre-injury, he was a see-ball, hit-ball pursuit linebacker with elite athleticism.

Actually, some scouting reports on Parsons lately are indicating he's all athlete and very little instincts.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
100% agree, I'm tired of the Taco Charltons, etc. the "project" and/or "he has a high ceiling" player. Those guys are fine if you have a loaded team, but this team hasn't been that for years...
Taco was never high-ceiling. He was pretty much as good as he was going to get.

If anyone in the Cowboys FO or scouting department thought he was "high ceiling" they should really stop talking in draft discussions.