Twitter: Micah Tweet, re: Amari

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
and he only did 1 interview all offseason? Lol….furthermore we don’t need to know if he said it or didn’t (though he did) because we have living proof that it happened. He literally restructured his deal the second he got to Cleveland - so his contract was eligible for a restructure and he WAS willing to do so

even in the link u provided eatman says it sounded like cooper wanted that to happen and he typically doesn’t just throw stuff out there unless he’s confident in it
Without taking sides here, I think he posted that to show what Eatman said, because he believes that is why you (and possibly others) think Amari himself said it. I don't know if it's the Mandela Effect or if you saw something he didn't. I'm just hoping to clear up confusion.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Without taking sides here, I think he posted that to show what Eatman said, because he believes that is why you (and possibly others) think Amari himself said it. I don't know if it's the Mandela Effect or if you saw something he didn't. I'm just hoping to clear up confusion.

1)No that’s not what I was referring to 2) we literally know that cooper was willing to restructure. He did it in Cleveland. There’s no reason to believe he wouldn’t have done it in Dallas even if anyone disputes he said he would here.

Dre11

Reaction score
and he only did 1 interview all offseason? Lol….furthermore we don’t need to know if he said it or didn’t (though he did) because we have living proof that it happened. He literally restructured his deal the second he got to Cleveland - so his contract was eligible for a restructure and he WAS willing to do so

even in the link u provided eatman says it sounded like cooper wanted that to happen and he typically doesn’t just throw stuff out there unless he’s confident in it

Again it's rumor, I searched and found the interviews he did, he never said he was willing to do it here. Furthermore they didn't want to push any money forward on his contract, so its a moot point.

Dre11

Reaction score
1)No that’s not what I was referring to 2) we literally know that cooper was willing to restructure. He did it in Cleveland. There’s no reason to believe he wouldn’t have done it in Dallas even if anyone disputes he said he would here.

Again that doesn't mean he was willing to do it here. Players agree to different things with teams.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Again it's rumor, I searched and found the interviews he did, he never said he was willing to do it here. Furthermore they didn't want to push any money forward on his contract, so its a moot point.

its not a moot point since the whole conversation is about letting him go and if it was a good decision etc. we can however agree to disagree.

you make no sense. He did a restructure in Cleveland. He obviously would do it here and he said as much but again actions speak louder than words- he took the restructure. Now we can move on

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Again that doesn't mean he was willing to do it here. Players agree to different things with teams.

the idea that you think you found every amari cooper interview this offseason is hilarious and there’s zero chance he takes a restructure in Cleveland and not Dallas.

Redline360

Reaction score
You damn know he made comments about Dak and or possibly Jerry and Jerry got butt hurt over it. Guaranteed it was about not being focused. Multiple game breakdowns showed him open nearly half the game and we went with check down passes.

He was also willing to restructure his contract.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the idea that you think you found every amari cooper interview this offseason is hilarious and there’s zero chance he takes a restructure in Cleveland and not Dallas.
He probably would have restructured in Dallas, but if you know of an interview in which he said as much, just post it. It should be easy enough to find.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

“It’s not like I disliked being in Dallas. I actually loved being there. I wouldn’t say I wanted to leave. But you know, at the same time, it’s never personal. It’s just business.”

on regards to staying in Dallas
“I don’t make those decisions,” Cooper said. “I honestly don’t know, but hopefully.”

sounds like a guy that wouldn’t restructure here lol.

the interview where he specifically says he would have restructured here is a radio interview which I’m trying to find now and can when I have more time but again we can agree to disagree.

Dre11

Reaction score
its not a moot point since the whole conversation is about letting him go and if it was a good decision etc. we can however agree to disagree.

you make no sense. He did a restructure in Cleveland. He obviously would do it here and he said as much but again actions speak louder than words- he took the restructure. Now we can move on

It makes a lot of sense, there's no guarantee he would, just like players give Hometown teams discounts. He could've been pussed and not willing to do Dallas any favors, it makes a lot of sense. You're living under a rock ifbyou've never heard of players making different consessions for different teams.

Dre11

Reaction score

Find me the one where he "said" he would have restructured here. Or is it something you made up to try and push an agenda. If you heard, somebody else heard it and it would be out there.

Dre11

Reaction score
“It’s not like I disliked being in Dallas. I actually loved being there. I wouldn’t say I wanted to leave. But you know, at the same time, it’s never personal. It’s just business.”

on regards to staying in Dallas
“I don’t make those decisions,” Cooper said. “I honestly don’t know, but hopefully.”

sounds like a guy that wouldn’t restructure here lol.

the interview where he specifically says he would have restructured here is a radio interview which I’m trying to find now and can when I have more time but again we can agree to disagree.

Nothing about a restructure. Saying he loved being , here doesn't mean he was willing to restructure here. He actually sounded on the fence about being here, and didn't mind the trade.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing about a restructure. Saying he loved being , here doesn't mean he was willing to restructure here. He actually sounded on the fence about being here, and didn't mind the trade.
I just did a quick search for any interview in which he said he would've been willing to restructure here. I couldn't find anything to support that, but I did see pre-trade articles stating that he wanted to stay in Dallas.

Dre11

Reaction score
I just did a quick search for any interview in which he said he would've been willing to restructure here. I couldn't find anything to support that, but I did see pre-trade articles stating that he wanted to stay in Dallas.

Exactly, I did the same same thing, he said he loved being here I believe he wanted to stay, I just didn't him say he would restructure here.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
a copy and paste.

If the Cowboys had kept Cooper, he would have counted $20 million against their cap this year. By trading him, they reduced that to a $6 million dead cap hit. The Browns then restructured his contract so that he counts only $4.9 million against the cap this year, but is then slated to have a cap of almost $24 million each of the next two years. The Cowboys could’ve kept Cooper and restructured his contract too, but they didn’t want those future cap hits.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense, there's no guarantee he would, just like players give Hometown teams discounts. He could've been pussed and not willing to do Dallas any favors, it makes a lot of sense. You're living under a rock ifbyou've never heard of players making different consessions for different teams.

yes you’re right it makes total sense he’d do a restructure in Cleveland and not Dallas where he would have more opportunities to earn money off the field through endorsements and help his brand by being attached to the cowboys name while living in a income tax free state playing for a team with an easier path to the playoffs.

that’s sound logic.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Find me the one where he "said" he would have restructured here. Or is it something you made up to try and push an agenda. If you heard, somebody else heard it and it would be out there.

what agenda? That he’d do a restructure? I don’t have to push that agenda. He literally did one lol

ondaedg

Reaction score
Coop was a fan favorite and has top 5 wide receiver talent. You don't let a guy like that go for no reason and we're the second team to do it. That says a lot.

An attitude like his will permeate through an entire team and he had problems with Dak Prescott in the locker room according to several reports. We're going with wide receiver by committee and so far in game 2 it worked incredibly well. We did miss him game one but I'm not sure him playing would have made a difference. I don't think Randy Moss and Jerry Rice would have made a difference with how Dak showed up and played.

Amari is a good WR no doubt. But top 5 talent? He was among the worst in yac last year and was dead last in yac for receivers over 800 yds. I was ok with trading him as long as we used that money saved on another WR(s) to fill his void. Jerry took that money and inexplicably pocketed it forcing Lamb to be something he’s not which is an outside WR1.

Dre11

Reaction score
yes you’re right it makes total sense he’d do a restructure in Cleveland and not Dallas where he would have more opportunities to earn money off the field through endorsements and help his brand by being attached to the cowboys name while living in a income tax free state playing for a team with an easier path to the playoffs.

that’s sound logic.

Lol...you haven't paid attention, I doubt Cooper care about a brand, have you listen or paid attention to his personality? He said he's excited to be in Cleveland, does that sounds like someone who cares about a brand. Lol