Micah will be on Shannon Sharpe/Skip show every Tuesday

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Parsons is this is in the same league as Muhammad Ali? This is the problem too many are putting Parsons up on a very high pedestal and he’s soaking it all in. He’s going have a tough time even duplicating the season he had last year. Hopefully he doesn’t start getting too full of himself like Muhammad Ali. Things didn’t end up real well for him.
As long as Micah doesn't start getting punched in the head for a living, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal. I'm just saying different people are built with different personalities, different tolerances, and different motivations. I'm sure this isn't some deal where he has to study material for analysis and argue for a full hour. It's most likely going to be 5 or 10 minute segments in which Sharpe tries to bait him into saying negative things about his teammates and owner, and Micah's going to sidestep the question and fire back at him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have 2 side gigs along with my daily job. I am sure 15 minutes won't be any kind of distraction. Good for him getting on the show.

And no, I had no problem with Romo taking an hr flight to the beach on his time off.

Its the people who do have a problem with this that are the real problems with society!
:hammer:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have 2 side gigs along with my daily job. I am sure 15 minutes won't be any kind of distraction. Good for him getting on the show.

And no, I had no problem with Romo taking an hr flight to the beach on his time off.

Its the people who do have a problem with this that are the real problems with society!

Bingo! ........more times than not, these sorts of things are blown way out of proportion.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As long as Micah doesn't start getting punched in the head for a living, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal. I'm just saying different people are built with different personalities, different tolerances, and different motivations. I'm sure this isn't some deal where he has to study material for analysis and argue for a full hour. It's most likely going to be 5 or 10 minute segments in which Sharpe tries to bait him into saying negative things about his teammates and owner, and Micah's going to sidestep the question and fire back at him.

:hammer:good post

Motorola

Reaction score
Parsons seems to really enjoy getting himself out there in the media. He definitely likes the attention we’ll see if he still enjoys it if this season doesn’t go as well as last season for him. He hasn’t had to face any criticism yet.
Athletes -especially very good and accomplished ones - have been in the media spotlight since their youth.
Some never get comfortable with it and avoid it as much as possible.
Others enjoy it; and some work at it to become polished in front of the camera.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He got punched in the head against San Francisco in the playoffs and was a nonfactor. Getting hit in the head is part of football. He’s sure to face some tough questions from Shannon Sharpe if things don’t go as well for him as they did last season. It’s not like Shannon Sharpe is a Cowboys fan. We’ll see if anything Sharpe says gets under Parsons skin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Athletes -especially very good and accomplished ones - have been in the media spotlight since their youth.
Some never get comfortable with it and avoid it as much as possible.
Others enjoy it; and some work at it to become polished in front of the camera.

Parsons enjoys the media but it’s been a lovefest for him so far. He hasn’t had to face any adversity. We’ll see if he still embraces the media if he starts having injury issues and his production declines. He set such a high bar for himself last season that it’s going to be hard to duplicate.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You're exactly right, I didn't .......
My take is most, if not all these players have been playing football since pee wee. I have no issues with what they do with their personal time as long as it's lawful and does hurt their game. JMO
What happens when it does hurt their game though?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He got punched in the head against San Francisco in the playoffs and was a nonfactor. Getting hit in the head is part of football. He’s sure to face some tough questions from Shannon Sharpe if things don’t go as well for him as they did last season. It’s not like Shannon Sharpe is a Cowboys fan. We’ll see if anything Sharpe says gets under Parsons skin.

Agree but I honestly think both he and skip we be respectful, especially following losses. In other words, I don't think they will attack but ask fair questions in a respectful way.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What happens when it does hurt their game though?

Of course, they need to make adjustments but honestly how often does that happen? I'm 100% sure many players are wild party animals. I mean they party hard, but within the law, hence we never hear about it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Agree but I honestly think both he and skip we be respectful, especially following losses. In other words, I don't think they will attack but ask fair questions in a respectful way.
Skip called Dak "weak" on national television for discussing mental illness. After his brother committed suicide. And now Parsons is going to his show. Not a good look for me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Likely Sharpe will be respectful because Parsons will have a segment on the show. However if Parsons isn’t having as good a season and the Cowboys are struggling a certain question could rub him the wrong way. Shannon Sharpe could become confrontational. He’s nothing but a loud mouth and he can get on your nerves. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Of course, they need to make adjustments but honestly how often does that happen? I'm 100% sure many players are wild party animals. I mean they party hard, but within the law, hence we never hear about it.
Judging by Watson's dealings. It seems these players dont follow the same laws we do.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip called Dak "weak" on national television for discussing mental illness. After his brother committed suicide. And now Parsons is going to his show. Not a good look for me.
Weak on the field probably not on a personal level if in fact the above ever happened?
Can you provide PROOF?
Micah might want to know.