Micah's next contract

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I normally wouldn't be thinking so far ahead but when I saw this it made me think how complicated his negotiation might be down the road.

You wonder how the Cowboys will handle this. Will they want to pay him as a LB? Will Micah want DE money? Is there a big difference between the two? You literally have nothing to use as a benchmark as he's a unicorn.

Might seem odd I'm even concerned about this now but reading our obituary over and over again gets old.

I have no doubt it'll get done but it may be the most unique and challenging deal they've ever done with a player.

If Micah keeps playing like he is. He is gonna want Dak money. The guy is in the race for Defensive Player of the year in his rookie season. He is playing like prime Khalil Mack. The Cowboys can trade him for two first round picks.:rolleyes::rolleyes::omg:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You just back the fully stocked Brinks truck up, open the doors, and let Micah carry out as much as he wants or until he finally gets tired.

conner01

Reaction score
I normally wouldn't be thinking so far ahead but when I saw this it made me think how complicated his negotiation might be down the road.

You wonder how the Cowboys will handle this. Will they want to pay him as a LB? Will Micah want DE money? Is there a big difference between the two? You literally have nothing to use as a benchmark as he's a unicorn.

Might seem odd I'm even concerned about this now but reading our obituary over and over again gets old.

I have no doubt it'll get done but it may be the most unique and challenging deal they've ever done with a player.

They will want to pay him as a LB
He’s gonna want to be paid as a DE
But that’s 4 years from now before it’s really a serious issue
By then he may be paid like a QB

conner01

Reaction score
IF he avoids injuries and continues to play at a high level we could easily be looking at top 3 highest-paid defensive player money. What's interesting is he AND Dak's current deals expires the same year.........2025.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/micah-parsons-72392/
A 5th year option at what position?
By 2025 we may have played every position and offense too
He has some RB experience lol

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score

The smart move would be to pay him whatever he wants after his 2nd year and not blow it like Dak’s negotiations. In other words, the only savings would be to get ahead on the years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will want to pay him as a LB
He’s gonna want to be paid as a DE
But that’s 4 years from now before it’s really a serious issue
By then he may be paid like a QB

I liked that dig at Prescott, bro. Keep em coming.

J12B

Reaction score
For the simple minded, sure. It's simple.

Now I'll play Micah's agent.

Why should my client sign this deal as the highest paid pass rusher when he's also a top off ball LB for you? Unless you're giving us a much bigger deal than the current highest paid DE it doesn't seem fair. He's two players in one. You're only offering what the best DE would get.

Yeah that doesn't make sense at all.

Hill's contract pays him whichever position he actually plays - not both combined. It's not like he's playing 2 positions at once.

He'll be compensated as the top paid DE because that is where the ceiling is for all defensive positions.

quickccc

Reaction score
Good luck Saints ... this explains their cap issues.... Hill couldn't even seize starting role from Jamis Winston ..and now he's a re-signed franchise cornerstone ??

Hill's contract will have nuthin ' to do with.Micah's future contract - as he will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL ,when time comes..

conner01

Reaction score
Good luck Saints ... this explains their cap issues.... Hill couldn't even seize starting role from Jamis Winston ..and now he's a re-signed franchise cornerstone ??

Hill's contract will have nuthin ' to do with.Micah's future contract - as he will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL ,when time comes..
I think he was talking about the structure
It’s very unique
The structure could be important with a Swiss Army knife type
But that’s really far down the road and by then he may be a full time Edge rusher
I never thought a guy his size could bull rush a 300 lb tackle but the kid is like Superman without the cape

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Going to take about 25 million a year by the time he’s up. Good news is the only other guy on defense they’ll pay big money to is Diggs. Lawrence will be long gone by then.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Von Miller is not a top pass rusher as well as off the ball LB.

What you call worry, I call discussion.
Yeah but you aren't getting paid for both. You get paid for whichever one you do best. He's rushing the passer so he'll probably be paid like a top defensive end if his sack numbers stay up.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Risen so mad our 11 ain't a Philthy rat steak. Hurts gonna be fleeing his diapers for the next 2 or so years as The Humble Lion chases. Lol

Majic

Reaction score
For the simple minded, sure. It's simple.

Now I'll play Micah's agent.

Why should my client sign this deal as the highest paid pass rusher when he's also a top off ball LB for you? Unless you're giving us a much bigger deal than the current highest paid DE it doesn't seem fair. He's two players in one. You're only offering what the best DE would get.

OK I'll play Stephen Jones.

Well what would you prefer, to be paid the top DE on the market or we pay you a combination of the two positions 60% (top DE on market) 40% (top LB on market)?

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I don't care what we end up paying Parsons, he's worth it.

The problem we have is we pay top of the market for very good but not elite players at their position and it hampers the rest of the roster. Paying Parsons elite money is fine, he's arguably already elite and well on his way to becoming the best defensive player in the entire NFL - move over Donald, the young man is coming.

Cmac

Reaction score
The moment Micah asks for money........we know how he will be viewed on this board.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think he was talking about the structure
It’s very unique
The structure could be important with a Swiss Army knife type
But that’s really far down the road and by then he may be a full time Edge rusher
I never thought a guy his size could bull rush a 300 lb tackle but the kid is like Superman without the cape

But why would a structure swiss knife role and contract figured into a prime time player like Parsons is looking likely to be ?
because of DE vs LB ?

When the negotiations time comes for Parsons, i tend to believe he is gonna be garnered and tailored towards the top rated defensive players
regardless of position ala TJ Watts , Aaron Donald, Von Miller .and more likely Khali Mack who has been DE and OLB .
and yes he'll far surpass the contract numbers we gave Dlaw.