Video: Michael Gallup first Dallas Cowboys TD from Dak Prescott

HungryLion

Reaction score
LOL, now you're just making crap up.

The ball was already in the air when Gallup used his arm. Please.

What does the ball in the air have to do with Gallup using his arm to gain seperation? And if not just being the defender making a stupid play?

Dumb.

erod

Reaction score
What does the ball in the air have to do with Gallup using his arm to gain seperation? And if not just being the defender making a stupid play?

Dumb.

You said Dak used his eyesight to see Gallup use his arm on the corner. He had already thrown the ball!!! What damn good was "seeing it" by then?

LMAO

HungryLion

Reaction score
You said Dak used his eyesight to see Gallup use his arm on the corner. He had already thrown the ball!!! What damn good was "seeing it" by then?

LMAO

I never said Dak used his eyesight to see Gallup use his arm. So you’re either making crap up now, or you’re blind. And based on your assessment of the play, I’m going to lean towards blind.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I never said Dak used his eyesight to see Gallup use his arm. So you’re either making crap up now, or you’re blind. And based on your assessment of the play, I’m going to lean towards blind.
Don't worry about them. We all know what they've said before.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Dumb.
Mirvin made a living a a hOF career at this so what and in this case NOT true ive seen the play 3 times..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Mirvin made a living a a hOF career at this so what and in this case NOT true ive seen the play 3 times..

It wasn’t meant to be a bad thing. It’s what receivers are coached to do if needed. Gallup did what he was supposed to.

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
It's only one game and it's preseason but there is alot to be excited about. The speed we now have with Gallup, Austin and Jarwin. Guys who run good routes like Lenoir. Beasley didn't even play. Rico wasnt involved. We have some fire power we are just young and unknown. It's going to be a fun season
I believe that youth will be served this season and beyond for at least the next 2-3 years! How far and deep we go, who knows, but the future looks good from my viewpoint (barring injuries-suspensions)...

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It’s true. It was a great route by Gallup.

Gallup clearly uses his arm and accelerates at the top of the route to help gain seperation.

But some people don’t seem to want to give the kid credit.
Just like there are Dak haters who won't admit it when Dak does well, there are those who have been claiming our WR corps was worthless, especially without Dez and Witten.
Sorry, but we did just fine without Dez and Witten, and our WRs are not a worthless group. And our TEs made catches as well.
And those who are criticizing that TD pass, well that criticism was expected. No surprise there. Even if we went 16-0 this year, we would still be hearing that same 'ol same 'ol from the same few critics.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. There was no air under the ball. It was more a rope that should have been knocked away. Glad it worked out but not a pretty pass by any means.

That's interesting, some of his critics claim he can't throw a rope, and yet you're criticizing him for throwing a rope. Either way, it was still a TD pass! ;)
Just goes to show, Dak's critics are going to find fault with anything and everything he does, no matter what it is.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You've simply got to love and admire Michael Gallup's instincts and physical capabilities in adjusting to the ball and creating ways to succeed. I've been highly optimistic regarding this young man even before he became a Cowboy. I was elated when we drafted him and am getting steadily more optimistic with each passing week that he's been with the team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes our #1 starter, given due time to develop into one.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I was so pleased to see Gallup's quick speed increase to pass and separate from the defender before catching the ball. That play was incredibly revealing and eased concerns I had RE his ability to continue getting excellent separation in the bigs...

Dude looks soo fluid in his movements.

I think we scored big time by drafting him..

I watched him a bunch because I follow Boise State in the MW, and the dude was CONSTANTLY tearing it against everyone!!

Nice highlight film there JFK. He also made a one handed catch about 43 seconds into the film. N-I-C-E! The kid has good hands!

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here we go. You're winning the internets! Pathetic. I'll eventually find the posts I was talking about. You keep thinking you have some sort of superior football knowledge over everyone. Soon enough we'll see your "Jekyll & Hyde" act.
I wouldn’t worry about it man. Everyone sees the comments. Funny how the backtracking is occurring from the same 5-7 Romo loving, Dak hating posters who claim he can’t/won’t throw deep, can’t hit the braid side of the barn from further than 5-10 yards, doesn’t have arm strength, can’t throw from the pocket, etc. It is entertaining to watch them. Just sit back and enjoy the show. They will get their opportunity to get back on their soapbox when Dak has a bad game and they will get diarrhea of the fingertips again.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about it man. Everyone sees the comments. Funny how the backtracking is occurring from the same 5-7 Romo loving, Dak hating posters who claim he can’t/won’t throw deep, can’t hit the braid side of the barn from further than 5-10 yards, doesn’t have arm strength, can’t throw from the pocket, etc. It is entertaining to watch them. Just sit back and enjoy the show. They will get their opportunity to get back on their soapbox when Dak has a bad game and they will get diarrhea of the fingertips again.
Lol. True.
I do find the pathetic negativity toward Prescott oddly entertaining.

jchap2k

Reaction score

I don't think blind is right, but rather a different reality bubble. I think its more about us living in a world where facts don't matter. Facts only make up a small portion of our reality. If our reality is challenged, our minds go into overdrive to try to keep our reality intact. That is called cognitive dissonance.

A sure tell sign of cognitive dissonance is taking someones argument, changing it to something that no one said, and arguing against that instead. Any time I see that on the internet I usually stop the debate with the knowledge that I've won by causing someone else's reality to tear and make them jump through hoops to try to keep their view together..