Video: Michael Gallup first Dallas Cowboys TD from Dak Prescott

Billyd

Reaction score
If that copied and embedded right. I Got the data from NFL.COM
Dak had like 32,passes >,20
And 8 passes > 40
they dont list over 30

You can see how that compares to other qbs on this list, however Dak will not have near the numbers as the top qbs in the Nfl passing coz passes less..and avg 5-6 tds running..Accuracy in the long passes is not his issue, some analysts believe that he doesnt make enough of those throws to force safety help deep..Kind of a funny stat..

Think about it like this..Some Elliot runs where the sea parts and there are no safeties to be found 10 yards past the Los...Due to the cowboys catching a run blitz, or sucking safeties in a 3/4 up close to the LOS. i dont see any stats for that!! Lol

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...017&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=0&role=

Billyd

Reaction score
In what way? In what stat?

Dfw If they had stats for passes > than thirty, show me..I think i tried to run those down before, no luck..I do have the numbers for >20 >40 Dak doesnt have near the numbers > 20, but >40 is comparible to numbers in the top 10 of qbs. Be nice to have more No question, But not really a true stat by your source!

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
It looks like MG grabbed the CB's right shoulder with his left hand, and pulled him back a bit. It was a subtle move, but seemed to me to make a difference. I wonder if that would ever get called.

Billyd

Reaction score
It looks like MG grabbed the CB's right shoulder with his left hand, and pulled him back a bit. It was a subtle move, but seemed to me to make a difference. I wonder if that would ever get called.

Idn ODB gets away with some of the sneakiest crap ive ever seen!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It was hard to find a hole in his game in college.

The question I have about him is how explosive can he be at this next level. Is there big play potential there?

After 1 game I think it's still hard to limit what his upside can be.

He torched the 49er DB a 2nd time and rush just underthrew him.

erod

Reaction score
Once again Erod you danced over my point about his decision making..Dak checked down from left to right, identified the target and executed immediately. GALLUP was even with the corner when the ball left his hand...Dak threw to the singled wr with no close safety help..He made the right decision and executed...Td..The rest is hubris!

That throw was predetermined before the snap. He looked off the safety and beat the safety with the throw nicely. It was on time, but if the corner didn't go hammer stupid for a second, the ball was thrown too low and inside.

That's OK because lots of touchdown passes are thrown every week that aren't ideal throws. I just stated that it was a very simple throw for most any quarterback given the corner's mistake. Pitch and catch for NFL players.

Dak's issues are between the numbers and on touch routes in zones. He's all over the place with those. One will be on target, but the next three will flutter like wounded butterflies. That's why good defenses generally hold him to sub-200 yards passing on a regular basis.

staubach24

Reaction score
Gallup looks like a winner, nice pickup for us. What I really liked from the Dak throw was that he did it from the pocket. My concern was that Dak's best throws came on the run vs. standing in the pocket...Kudos to both
Gallup and Dak on that play!
Although its only a sample size, this guy looks like the goods. Great reciever build, ok speed, but runs great routes and adjusts to the ball well. Barring injury, he'll be around for a long time. And how bout the name Gallup as a Cowboy. Thats a sportswriters dream. Giddyup young man!!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I really don't follow CSU football or the Mountain West but i've heard nothing but great things about MG. I'll agree... I think this will become a big score!
Live 20 minutes from the old Hughes Stadium and saw him on several occasions.

He has a second gear and he hits it fast. A few strides.

Have to make it out to the new Canvas Stadium................

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lie? There are over almost 20 posters who have liked and agree with my comment. You only have 1. Who do you think is lying?

You. Clearly. It's sad you think likes mean anything.

You, just like the guy last night, keep lying about the criticisms people have about Dak. It's pretty embarrassing, especially when you then use a preseason play or two to try and make a big deal out of.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It was a good play. It wasn't a particularly good throw. Any QB can make that level of a throw. I don't really know how to explain it to you if you don't see it.

It was a HORRIBLE play by the corner. Dak beat the safety with the throw, but the corner beat himself.

If it was the other way around, we'd be asking about what in the world Awuzie was thinking.
But it was from the pocket. Wasn't that your last complaint and something you "needed proved" to you? I remember you saying: "from the pocket, from the pocket, from the pocket."
Before, you had mentions the back shoulder fade and not hitting the WR at the sideline. Which is false. No, you're saying deep and between the numbers? Lol.

erod

Reaction score
But it was from the pocket. Wasn't that your last complaint and something you "needed proved" to you? I remember you saying: "from the pocket, from the pocket, from the pocket."
Before, you had mentions the back shoulder fade and not hitting the WR at the sideline. Which is false. No, you're saying deep and between the numbers? Lol.

I've stated many times that Dak throws the go route on the sideline just fine. He's completed lots of those. They're straight forward.

It's the deep crossing routes and throws in windows in the zones that he is so wildly inconsistent. He doesn't throw those with any confidence. He sails them high, low, behind, everywhere.

But he can throw a go route just fine.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Apparently he doesn’t have the eyesight to see Gallup use his arm to create seperation from the defender either. It’s just the defender being stupid.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You. Clearly. It's sad you think likes mean anything.

You, just like the guy last night, keep lying about the criticisms people have about Dak. It's pretty embarrassing, especially when you then use a preseason play or two to try and make a big deal out of.
Not sure what you're reading, if at all but there have been copious complaints by a few vocal haters. I think maybe you just didn't see them? Either way, sounds like you need receipts for ever comment people say they read.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've stated many times that Dak throws the go route on the sideline just fine. He's completed lots of those. They're straight forward.

It's the deep crossing routes and throws in windows in the zones that he is so wildly inconsistent. He doesn't throw those with any confidence. He sails them high, low, behind, everywhere.

But he can throw a go route just fine.
That's not what you said before. That was my point. I think when Prescott illustrates he can throw the passes you suggest he has no confidence throwing, you will just pick another phrase.

erod

Reaction score
That's not what you said before. That was my point. I think when Prescott illustrates he can throw the passes you suggest he has no confidence throwing, you will just pick another phrase.

No, that is exactly what I've said. Put down the pom-poms and listen.

Deep middle, deep middle, deep middle. Intermediate throws in coverage. Small windows.

I've been saying this over and over and over and over.

He can chuck it deep on go routes just fine.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, that is exactly what I've said. Put down the pom-poms and listen.

Deep middle, deep middle, deep middle. Intermediate throws in coverage. Small windows.

I've been saying this over and over and over and over.

He can chuck it deep on go routes just fine.
:facepalm:

erod

Reaction score
Apparently he doesn’t have the eyesight to see Gallup use his arm to create seperation from the defender either. It’s just the defender being stupid.

LOL, now you're just making crap up.

The ball was already in the air when Gallup used his arm. Please.