Video: Michael Gallup first Dallas Cowboys TD from Dak Prescott

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lol, one throw in the first preseason game, and you've found Jesus.

That has nothing to do with the point. You’re so blinded that you can’t even simply give the slightest credit and say it was a good throw. It’s pathetic.

The point went right over your head. Which is not a surprise, at all.

Billyd

Reaction score
You're right.

And it's getting worse.
Pretty bad when the local paper can't even get this stuff right.

Our rags are full of analysts that get their opinion shoveled to them..I spend more time researching for the actual data to form opinions, but have to go thru article after article of lazy analysrs writing something based on outdated or incorrect data!

erod

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with the point. You’re so blinded that you can’t even simply give the slightest credit and say it was a good throw. It’s pathetic.

It was a good play. It wasn't a particularly good throw. Any QB can make that level of a throw. I don't really know how to explain it to you if you don't see it.

It was a HORRIBLE play by the corner. Dak beat the safety with the throw, but the corner beat himself.

If it was the other way around, we'd be asking about what in the world Awuzie was thinking.

Billyd

Reaction score

Erod why you bringing Jesus into this forum? THE guy sells Fish tacos on the corner!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
It was a good play. It wasn't a particularly good throw. Any QB can make that level of a throw. I don't really know how to explain it to you if you don't see it.

It was a HORRIBLE play by the corner. Dak beat the safety with the throw, but the corner beat himself.

If it was the other way around, we'd be asking about what in the world Awuzie was thinking.

You can’t explain it because it’s BS. It WAS a good throw and anybody who isn’t biased can see it plain as day.

Billyd

Reaction score

Once again Erod you danced over my point about his decision making..Dak checked down from left to right, identified the target and executed immediately. GALLUP was even with the corner when the ball left his hand...Dak threw to the singled wr with no close safety help..He made the right decision and executed...Td..The rest is hubris!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thats the problem.. You heard..Butler had two by himself..Go look..Dont take any of these yahoos word!
I ended up checking into it.

They were correct if referring to TD passes to WRs of 30 yards or more.
We had two all season (Butler and Bryant each had one > 30 yards)

We did have two long ones where running backs took a screen then busted it, but only two by WRs the whole season.

Good sign for yesterday, I guess.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
not a Dak hater or supporter really, still on the fence. that play was encouraging no doubt, still it was just one throw.. need to see more consistency

DFWJC

Reaction score
Our rags are full of analysts that get their opinion shoveled to them..I spend more time researching for the actual data to form opinions, but have to go thru article after article of lazy analysrs writing something based on outdated or incorrect data!
In this case, the Dallas Morning News was right though

You're point still stands that its becoming more and more important to actually verify stuff as fact

Billyd

Reaction score
I think its basic..If you criticize Dak for last season, or a bad play, or a perceived lack of skill in a long throw, and you see an example of improvement or data that is counter to that opinion, you should acknowledge it....Balance..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Once again Erod you danced over my point about his decision making..Dak checked down from left to right, identified the target and executed immediately. GALLUP was even with the corner when the ball left his hand...Dak threw to the singled wr with no close safety help..He made the right decision and executed...Td..The rest is hubris!

Right, I watched the throw a few times on replay, I didn't see a "flat" throw, there was sufficient air under it, besides, Gallup was running along the sideline, any more air and the ball would be out of reach.

Billyd

Reaction score
In this case, the Dallas Morning News was right though

You're point still stands that its becoming more and more important to actually verify stuff as fact

In what way? In what stat?

DFWJC

Reaction score
In what way? In what stat?
The original stat
Dak had two TD passes to WRs last year that were 30 yards or more

I looked it up. Which sucks that I spent that time, but I went game by game to verify it. It was correct.
He did have to short passes to RBs that they broke for long scores as well, but that wasn't the point.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Gallup did exactly what he's supposed to do, he made a good catch and scored a TD to boot.
Dak did exactly what his critics claim he can't do, he made a great throw and hit his receiver right in stride. Gallup didn't have to dive, or break his stride. It was a great pass/catch/TD.

Another one falsely claiming critics say something they don't.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Deep 30 yard bomb in stride along the sideline right in the bread basket. This simply can not be? We were told repeatedly, over and over, every single day for the past several months. Dak is incapable of making such a throw!!!! We were told incessantly and relentlessly...

So, where are they? Mighty quiet tonight. lol

Why do you guys feel the need to constantly lie?

Billyd

Reaction score
NFL.com, the former Bulldog was one of the most accurate passers deep in tight windows.

“Dak Prescott was one of the best deep ball passers in tight windows. A whopping 39.5 percent of Dak Prescott’s passes that traveled further than 20 yards in the air went into tight coverage. The rookie’s 29.4 percent completion rate was the ninth-best mark on such throws and he never recorded an interception.” – Matt Harmon, NFL.com

2016..Im still looking for the data that shows passes by yards. F the Dallas Morning News..Very few of their analyst are relevant anymore...