Video: Michael Gallup: "I Would Never Say That"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Gallup's continued improvement, as well, see Gallup, Cooper, Lamb on the field together.

Agreed, but here we go again with a FO person totally pumping up the value and ego of the player they need to resign in a year or two. By the time he comes to his contract year, the FO will have him and his agent thinking he is a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Agreed, but here we go again with a FO person totally pumping up the value and ego of the player they need to resign in a year or two. By the time he comes to his contract year, the FO will have him and his agent thinking he is a top 5 WR in the NFL.
I suggest they hype him up to trade him in the offseason. Rather than resign. Signing Amari and drafting CD allowed the front office some flexibility with how they handle Gallup.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suggest they hype him up to trade him in the offseason. Rather than resign. Signing Amari and drafting CD allowed the front office some flexibility with how they handle Gallup.

I'd intertwine his fate with Cooper's. If Cooper doesn't prove to be worth every penny of his $20 million per year, I'm approaching Gallup with a big deal to ultimately replace Cooper. But if all goes well with everyone, I don't see how they could afford Gallup too. Unless the cap somehow explodes for 2022.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd intertwine his fate with Cooper's. If Cooper doesn't prove to be worth every penny of his $20 million per year, I'm approaching Gallup with a big deal to ultimately replace Cooper. But if all goes well with everyone, I don't see how they could afford Gallup too. Unless the cap somehow explodes for 2022.

Cooper's contract is written that they can do one of 2 things. Keep Cooper, let Gallup go. Sign Gallup to the money they save by letting Cooper go after 2 years.

They have them both for 2 years to figure it all out. Plus will know for sure what they have in Lamb.

cern

Reaction score
ceedee's on the cheap for 3 years. i don't think gallup's going anywhere. he's just too talented and injuries are always a concern. i suspect stephen will give him a la'el or jaylon deal after this year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Unless he becomes Deandre or some other stud WR he is not getting a second contract from Dallas. If he keeps improving and starts to creep into that low level 1 area I would trade him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper's contract is written that they can do one of 2 things. Keep Cooper, let Gallup go. Sign Gallup to the money they save by letting Cooper go after 2 years.

They have them both for 2 years to figure it all out. Plus will know for sure what they have in Lamb.

Bingo! Exactly what I was alluding to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless he becomes Deandre or some other stud WR he is not getting a second contract from Dallas. If he keeps improving and starts to creep into that low level 1 area I would trade him.

If everything is great with Cooper and he has a $20 million year? Sure. I'd explore my options as well. But it would take a 1st round pick at a minimum for me to break up the current WR corps early.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
But cooper is already young theres really no need to try and replace the better player who's only a few years older.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But cooper is already young theres really no need to try and replace the better player who's only a few years older.

A "need"? No, certainly not. But if the production and ability are close, you would certainly look at the more affordable option.