Video: Michael Gallup: "I Would Never Say That"

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I suggest they hype him up to trade him in the offseason. Rather than resign. Signing Amari and drafting CD allowed the front office some flexibility with how they handle Gallup.

No way, Gallup is a proven playmaker.....when the game was on the line...Gallup was on the field and Cooper was on the sideline.....Give me Gallup all day long

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No way, Gallup is a proven playmaker.....when the game was on the line...Gallup was on the field and Cooper was on the sideline.....Give me Gallup all day long

LOL...........that was a coaching gaff, nothing to do with the game being on the line. Shows you how pathetic the coaching staff was last year.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Loved this kid out of college, and he has done nothing but get better.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm always amazed at how people absolutely insist that his ceiling is as a #2 WR. And they cannot give reasons why they believe this.

Not great hands or body control, though the latter seems to be improving.

I'm skeptical of #2s. They are set up to look good while the #1 gets all the attention. Even worse for us, with Zeke getting attention too.

Williams. Harper. Both overrated. Harper was no #1. Williams couldn't get any interest in free agency, and they were right. He isn't even in the league now.

I like him more than Harper or Williams, but expect he'll end up like much like Harper, overpaid in free agency and cut as bad value before his contract is done.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If everything is great with Cooper and he has a $20 million year? Sure. I'd explore my options as well. But it would take a 1st round pick at a minimum for me to break up the current WR corps early.

Gallup is being hyped as a #1. If he hits free agency, he'll give us a 3 or 4 comp pick. No point in letting him go for a 3. I'd rather keep him for the differential between a 2 and 3, though maybe if it's an early 2. Hard to see a team giving up a 1st for him.

Hard to overcome comp pick value to make a trade worthwhile.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not great hands or body control, though the latter seems to be improving.

I'm skeptical of #2s. They are set up to look good while the #1 gets all the attention. Even worse for us, with Zeke getting attention too.

Williams. Harper. Both overrated. Harper was no #1. Williams couldn't get any interest in free agency, and they were right. He isn't even in the league now.

I like him more than Harper or Williams, but expect he'll end up like much like Harper, overpaid in free agency and cut as bad value before his contract is done.
Not great body control? Some of the moves he made after the catch last season were as athletic and acrobatic as it gets.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not great body control? Some of the moves he made after the catch last season were as athletic and acrobatic as it gets.

I'm thinking more about going up and getting the ball. He was supposed to be a big YAC guy, but hasn't been so much.

Gallup:
69th for YAC per reception, below Cobb and Jarwin. That's not a big thrill.
6th highest drop percentage in the league.
69th for QB rating when thrown to, below Jarwin, Cooper, and *Witten*. Only beat Zeke by 2.5 points.

Look at his numbers. See them in context. Gallup just ain't all that.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/receiving_advanced.htm

I am impressed to see Jarwin so high. 126. 12th in the league. Highest on the team. Witten did well too, and we *know* he's not that good. Jarwin should be able to deliver a lot at TE this year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm thinking more about going up and getting the ball. He was supposed to be a big YAC guy, but hasn't been so much.

Gallup:
69th for QB rating when thrown to, below Jarwin, Cooper, and *Witten*. Only beat Zeke by 2.5 points.

I am impressed to see Jarwin so high. 126. 12th in the league. Highest on the team. Witten did well too, and we *know* he's not that good. Jarwin should be able to deliver a lot at TE this year.
Sounds like you meant something else when you said "body control". There are several reasons YAC might be limited, other than not being able to change direction quickly (which is about the only body control issue I think would be relevant), such as ball placement, what route he was running, opposing defenders, etc.

Drop percentage and QB rating aren't what I was questioning.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Gallup:

Getting into this discussion is just a no-win deal.

Gallop did fine as a #2.

Thinking he has the tools to be a #1 and replace Cooper..?

Not a chance.

Gallup will be replaced by Lamb without doubt.

If you just look at the difference in pedigree you guys know Dallas will go with the higher rated players and play them.

I expect Gallup will drop to a #3 WR on our pecking order and eventually not resigned.

Sure as mentioned, trading him after 2020 would be the best thing for us.

We shall see.

kskboys

Reaction score
Getting into this discussion is just a no-win deal.

Gallop did fine as a #2.

Thinking he has the tools to be a #1 and replace Cooper..?

Not a chance.

Gallup will be replaced by Lamb without doubt.

If you just look at the difference in pedigree you guys know Dallas will go with the higher rated players and play them.

I expect Gallup will drop to a #3 WR on our pecking order and eventually not resigned.

Sure as mentioned, trading him after 2020 would be the best thing for us.

We shall see.
If Lamb pans out, Coop is gone after next season.

Yes, chance.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why it is the nano-second a player is heralded by the coach, or shows promise, you people immediately start talking about two years from now and worrying about something that is not here yet?

Enjoy the freakin' ride, folks.