Michael Gallup is legit

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Great route running and tough catches made by rookie receiver Gallup.

Dak has seriously improved his throws...from his mechanics, to his pin placement, to his accuracy & velocity, to his reads and quick release, to his standing strong in the pocket, to his looking off the safeties and on a split second turning to throw 30+ yard darts along the sidelines past the coverage and right in the bread basket where only the receiver can catch them throws. Very impressed with our starting QB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very nice 3rd round value.

Real good WR class this year with true draft grades from rounds 2-5.
That’s why many said it was not good value to take one in the mid 1st.
Does not mean I was overjoyed with taking LVE there though. But im hopeful

Gallup, Sutton, Miller, Callaway, Washington, Tre Smith, etc
Good pickings after Rd1
Doesn't mean Moore and Ridley won’t be good...just seemed like they should be late 1st or early 2nd rounders

The difference between Ridley and Gallup was very small considering 1st vs 3rd round.

If I knew they could get Gallup in the 3rd, there is no possibility I would have wanted Ridley in the 1st.

It's like Coke vs Pepsi but one costs $20 and the other costs $2.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Hurns always hurt so replacing Cole who always shows up would be difficult trade. Plus Dak loves Beasley.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'd rather have Beasley over Hurns.
for variety out of the slot I would take Hurns, while hurns cannot do the short routes as well as Beasley he can run all the routes and be effective on downfield slot routes unlike Beasley.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Not me. No disrespect to Beasley. I'm a big fan. Unfortunately for Beasley, his size limits him to the slot. Hurns is bigger, and can also move to the 1 or 2. That sort of versatility in your receivers helps keep the defense on its toes with motion.
In the past he played only the slot, but this season he's doing everything and was the most impressive wr in camp up until his hamstring issue.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Great route running and tough catches made by rookie receiver Gallup.

Dak has seriously improved his throws...from his mechanics, to his pin placement, to his accuracy & velocity, to his reads and quick release, to his standing strong in the pocket, to his looking off the safeties and on a split second turning to throw 30+ yard darts along the sidelines past the coverage and right in the bread basket where only the receiver can catch them throws. Very impressed with our starting QB.

Noticed that quicker decision making, and velocity also...

glimmerman

Reaction score
I understand this but our starting defense has been pretty good. Chido is a player. All we can do right now is comment on what we see in practice and preseason. Everything looks good with Gallup.
Oh yeah. He is looking great. These guys have practiced up against each other. I don’t know if it makes it easier or harder on him. But can’t wait to see how he does against another cb. I do think opposing teams are gonna put there best on him. We need to get teams to have to double him. Then we are in business.